Anyone tried tena slip maxi plastic backed diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwaysman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Has anyone tried a tena slip maxi plastic backed diaper? If so was it absorbant? Was it krinkly?was it comfy? I appreciate your feedback .

I have. It is quite comfy, yes. But a tat overpriced, and not good for long-term-use. (At least while sitting or laying.)
Try ordering a sample if possible, they're worth a try. ;)
I truly hope, that my comment was of any help. :)

If you're referring to the Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi (that's a mouthful!), it's pretty good. I don't like them as much as the old Tena Slip Maxis that were plastic backed but it's way better than not having them. They are thinner and lower capacity than the TSMs but similar in most other respects. Good for discreet wear and not expensive.

Old Tena Slip Maxi PE were quite good. Only back draw was that their tapes were not double layered as with a present diapers. I still havve 1 bag ( around 20) of them.
How Tena put on market Active fit slips which are PE backed , I again started to buy diapers from them.
I like Active Fit ( Plus and Maxi in M or L size, depends on place or how long they need to be on me) even more then old ones.
I never stoped buying Tena Flex ( Plus and Maxi, always in M size)

Yes, they were my go-to for a long time. Very absorbent, high SAP content, very comfortable, not really crinkly. I only stopped getting them because they're a bit over-priced; my regular now is ID Expert which are much cheaper and yet almost identical in quality and performance, for around 2/3 the cost. I do still buy the Tena Flex on occasion, particularly in the summer, as they're much cooler to wear than taped nappies.

As a long-time user of Tena Slips, I was disappointed when they first switched away from plastic and happy when the replacement 'Original' hybrids were supplemented with the proper plastic-backed Active Fit line. The traditional Slip was a hard act to follow so my expectations of the Active Fit were biased by that experience. In fact, the Maxi measures up quite well as mentioned above. It has no outstanding features, nor any serious drawbacks, by comparison with any other decent medical brand. I dabbled with them for a while, but these days I am much more interested in the more absorbent Ultima, which is one of my daily go-to nappies for undemanding situations.

My least favourite feature of the Maxi and Ultima is the low rise leakguards. There have been some fairly close calls with messy leaks so I now tend to avoid them when expecting a BM. If a booster pad is placed in the seat, there is very little room left for solid waste, so I don't tend to boost them in case things get messy. My general everyday nappy is the Betterdry, which has some of the best leakguards ever made for containing large BMs, so the comparison is again biased against the Slip. Overall, yes, I'd recommend the Active Fit, but favour the top-of-line Ultima.

I am wearing one now and they are my go to diaper for daytime use. I love them. They are relatively thing compared to Abena or Dry 24/7 but they hold a very good amount and tend to not leak even with large wettings. I have never had a bad experience using them. Heck, I leak more often wearing an Abena M4 than I ever have wearing the Tena Active Slip Maxi.

They are not very loud and very discreet. I wear them as my normal underwear situation permitting.

Alwaysman said:
Has anyone tried a tena slip maxi plastic backed diaper? If so was it absorbant? Was it krinkly?was it comfy? I appreciate your feedback .

"TSM-PE", I've still got a bag or two of them around. I was considering them for my daywear while snuggies was changing to tykables. No front (and iirc, no rear) Their shell is really soft but there's no tape panel AND there's no second chance on the tapes so your aim better be good. The front has a lot of unpadded plastic also. The crotch is very wide, the padding is thin but good capacity (high sap) and is also very soft, so the entire diaper is very flexible. They're really quiet.

The deal-breker for me was the standing leak guards. They're microscopic compared to most. Something like 1/2" high. And it's price wasn't low enough to sway me past that.

They also clump pretty badly when wet.

I'm still waiting on the restock of these at ABU and Bambino. It's not looking so good.

Join the club, Trevor! I’m going to the UK in early 2019 and anxious to see if I can find mediums there.

I have been wanting to try Tena cladic.

Sent from my Z557BL using Tapatalk

Tena slip active fit ultima is pretty much the only diaper I wear. It has the same absorbency as the abena m4 but is initially thinner.
The maxi has a bit less absorbency.

I ment Tena classic plastic backed. I found a good deal through first option medical
479f9f6930f3738e0c3c3179d19ee758.jpg

I use them as my day nappy , there very good , hold loads and not overly crinkly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll give them a try

Got the ultimta (plastic) myself and think they are the best medical nappy. They have a nice cut, they elastic cuffs go high up and a smooth shell.

They old tenas were still my favorite.

They are my absolute favourite, the "Active Fit" variant.

Only downside is that the outer foil is a bit thin, it doesn't fare well once fluid is standing against it. So once it's really full it will begin to form drops through the foil, which is super unfortunate. It can create wet spots when sitting down without actually leaking at the sides.

Oh and I wish we still had the old landing zone + single tape style.

I'm pretty sure I tried some version of the Slip Maxi (that was a few years ago though), didn't really care for them, I mean they were decent, but not as good as a premium grade medical style diaper (like Dry 24/7s or my old favorite the Seni Quatros (I heard those are worse than they were a few years ago)), and the plastic was so thin they could be ripped too easily on accident.

I have tried the Tena Ultima with plastic backing. It is a really great diaper - all the absorbency of the Tena Ultima. Leakproof, excellent fit, very comfortable. The plastic backing is comfortable. Originally, the Maxi version with plastic backed was my favorite and I hated the change to cloth backed. But things have gotten better - I never though I would say this but the cloth backing has my preference (particularly in warm weather like this summer). But for those of us who have been dreaming of a high-capacity, top-of-the bill, plastic backed diaper: the Ultima is it for me. Not very crinkly (which I consider to be useful for everyday use - even if some other people may want something else.

(BTW - referring to the EU version of the diaper here, I know many truly high quality Tena diapers are hard to get in the US)

As many thing, diaper brands are different. Such as people are. Personally Tenas are my favorite diapers. It does not matter if it's the classic, active fit or the cloth like ones.
I don't like the cloth one because they start to smell really fast. And during heavy wetting, they start to "sweat".

But generally all Tenas are very discrete and have an excellent fit. For me, the Tenas have the best fit of all diapers i've tested. I would say the wide leg bands are the best of all products. I don't know why. I would say, I don't have a special body. I'm 2 meters large and have well trained upper legs. But I would say, nothing special. So I would not say I really need the wide leg bands. But on all diapers I tried, I had some problems with fitting around the upper legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back