Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Songs of All-Time... a thread for fun

Default Favorite Songs of All-Time... a thread for fun

Ok, I was thinking about this. I wanted to post some of my favorite songs of all-time that I listen to a lot.

1. Carry On- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
    2. Stuck In A Moment- U2
    3. Reflections- Diana Ross and The Supremes, aka the theme song to China Beach
    4. Suicide is Painless- The theme to the 1970 movie, M*A*S*H
    5. The Man In Me- Bob Dylan, as heard in The Big Lebowski.
    6. I Wish We'd All Been Ready- Larry Norman, through The Fish Market Combo in the movie A Thief In The Night, ca 1972
    7. Ohio- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young- Ohio is an important song in my hometown, as I heard it performed LIVE on May 4, 1997 at the May 4th site by Crosby, Stills, and Nash.
    8. Dream On- Areosmith.

Those are the songs I listen to a lot. Let's see the variety here folks.

WildThing121675

Ok, probably my all time favorite would be Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down. Don't tell me it's about Superman, it's not. =P). I'd rather not list individual songs lol, I like a bunch of songs by several artists, but I like mostly anything rock, even older stuff. But I also love thrashing about to metal. I'll listen to anything from like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the classics, to bands like Lamb of God, Megadeth, Metallica, and everything in between.

I'm not completely against other forms of music though. The only genre I don't listen to at ALL is country. I don't have any appeal in it =/. If it's rap or hip hip, I usually listen to older groups, the newer stuff sounds all the same. I also love classical music, orchestrated music, and things of that nature.

Lol, so I turned this into my "music preferences", but I felt like I'd go on forever if I just listed song by song =P

Oh boy.. I'll list some of mine.

1. Indio - Big Hard Sun
    2. The Beach Boys - In My Room
    3. New Radicals - You Get What You Give
    4. The Mama's and The Papa's - California Dreaming
    5. The Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coupe
    6. Nickelback - If Everybody Cared
    7. Citizen Cope - Let the drummer kick
    8. Kazzer - Pedal to the Metal
    9. Buddywasisname and The Other Fellars - Saltwater Joys
    10. Megadeth - Rust in Peace... Polaris
    11. Eminem - Lose Yourself
    12. Classified - Anybody listening
    13. Dick Dale - Misirlou
    14. Van Halen - Panama
    15. Eddie Veddar - Society
    16. Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
    17. Rammstein - Feuer Frei
    18. Rammstein - Mein Teil
    19. Rammstein - Reise, Reise.
    20. Midnight Oil - Beds are Burning

Rush: Anthem, Beneath Between & Behind, Lakeside Park, A Farewell To Kings, Xanadu, Cygnus X1, 2112, Lessons, Something For Nothing, Hemispheres, Jacobs Ladder, Natural Science, Red Barchetta, Witch Hunt, The Big Money...etc...etc...

I could continue....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I'd rather not list individual songs lol, I like a bunch of songs by several artists, but I like mostly anything rock, even older stuff. But I also love thrashing about to metal. I'll listen to anything from like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the classics, to bands like Lamb of God, Megadeth, Metallica, and everything in between.

I'm not completely against other forms of music though. The only genre I don't listen to at ALL is country. I don't have any appeal in it =/. If it's rap or hip hip, I usually listen to older groups, the newer stuff sounds all the same. I also love classical music, orchestrated music, and things of that nature.

Lol, so I turned this into my "music preferences", but I felt like I'd go on forever if I just listed song by song =P
    That quote would describe me quite accurately. There's simply too many good songs to make a list. I'm a fan of In Flames though, pretty much anything they've made is awesome in my opinion. ^^

Suicide Is Painless - IDK? Its The Song For M*A*S*H.
    Paint It Black - Rolling Stones,
    Random Others. xD

1. Bad Religion: Suffer, Infected, Sorrow, Cease.
    2. Social Distortion : Angels Wings, I was Wrong, Mommy's Little Monster.
    3. No Use for a Name: This Ain't No Way To Live.
    4. Nirvana: Rape Me, Penny Royal Tea , In The Pines.
    5. Megadeth: Trust, Hanger 18
    6. Metallica : Unforgiven 2, Wherever I May Roam, The Day That Never Comes, Frantic.

Derek and the Dominos - "Layla"
    Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - "Ragdoll"
    Billy Joel - "Captain Jack"

Basically, these are the songs that will make me look up if they come on, even if the music was only in the background. Other songs I really like, but I might not notice them if I am focused on something. If these come on, I just have to listen to them. They aren't in any particular order, more the order I thought of them than anything else.

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
    Common People - Pulp
    Day in the Life - Beatles
    Paranoid Android, Videotape - Radiohead
    Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
    Waterloo Sunset, Celluloid Heroes - The Kinks
    I Can't Decide - Scissor Sisters
    Life on Mars - David Bowie
    Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley or Rufus Wainwright, both versions are really good

If I had to pick a top 3 from them it'd be Comfortably Numb, Common People and a toss up between Hallelujah, Paranoid Android and I Can't Decide depending on what mood I was in.

aj1983

too many great songs and bands out there so i'l just say:

Rock Lobster by the B-52s *giggles*