Thread: Consent from babies to change diapers?

Default Consent from babies to change diapers?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PyOTPu09JXk

How does a baby give consent? I want to know.

Yet another reason I say anyone with technicolor hair ought to be ignored.

I know a few professional mommies that do not wait for consent. I am sure many don't and won't.

It doesn't matter if they "give consent" or refuse, it's part of being their parent/caretaker and would be irresponsible to not change them when they need it.

Or as Monty Python would say, "Spot the loony!"

I'm not following that 'cause I don't want to get a permanent "WHAT" face going.

But that's silly. If you DON'T change the baby, they'll cry or they'll actually get sick from laying in their own messes. Somebody needs to teach her about bedsores, diaper 'rash' and diseases. :P

There's a whole parenting philosophy surrounding this, and it's actually not as absurd as one might think from a 30 second video. The point is to let your child know what's happening and not just manhandle them like a doll. It doesn't actually mean that if the baby doesn't nod or verbally answer, you won't change it, but it gives your child a chance to react and, in some cases, (maybe not changing but, like, whether or not it wants to be picked up) make their own choices from an early age.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanensee View Post
    There's a whole parenting philosophy surrounding this, and it's actually not as absurd as one might think from a 30 second video. The point is to let your child know what's happening and not just manhandle them like a doll. It doesn't actually mean that if the baby doesn't nod or verbally answer, you won't change it, but it gives your child a chance to react and, in some cases, (maybe not changing but, like, whether or not it wants to be picked up) make their own choices from an early age.
    I've heard about that approach, apparently it's supposed to make it so they don't freak out.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyTyrant View Post
    I've heard about that approach, apparently it's supposed to make it so they don't freak out.
    From what I heard, it's about respecting your baby as another human being with its own personality and wants and needs (beyond "He's crying, do you think he wants food?")
    Defenders of that approach say it makes the child more balanced and sure of itself. I don't know, I'm not a parent, but it seems to work for some people^^
    What I found interesting is that it's a lot about observing your child do their thing, and figure out things themselves, like a new toy or how to roll over, instead of demonstrating how a toy works or giving them a little push when they're struggling to move where they want to. I feel like that really teaches independence.

I know that a lot of the appeal of ABDL roleplay comes from being totally dependent on another person, but if you think about it, that's the exact opposite of what a parent wants for their child. But of course, that would take the fun out of the play^^

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanensee View Post
    Ah, that actually does make more sense than the 'consent' thing. It's just letting them know "Hey, I'mma touch you. Gonna change your stink butt." more than "Blink once if I can change your diaper. Blink twice if you want to stay dirty." So maybe no more babies screaming in horror at their cold behinds because they just got snatched up and stripped? XD

And I still get grumpy at my mom. If I'm doing a jigsaw puzzle, she'll walk by and put a bunch of pieces in even if I'm not having trouble at all. She's done it all my life so I just learned to do the puzzle in another room where she won't wander past. XD Very frustrating. I usually let my great-niece TRY for a while and come to me and ask. Unless it's something that is going to release a horror if it's not done right. (Like opening a bottle of fruit juice over light colored carpet. Nu. You're getting that already opened and going into the other room with it, plz.)