Anyone else have issues with Tykable diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I tried the PLeather diapers Tykables had, and they were just ok. I had problems with leaks and the tapes breaking every once in a while when I put them on. I haven't tried anything else until now and ordered a trial of Waddlers and Builders. I had the same issues as before with leaking and tapes. I certainly didn't push them to any big capacity let alone what they advertise and tried both the medium and large size. My wife said she does not like what they look like wet as they really show clumps and color.

I like the clothes from Tykables but have issues with the diapers. Has anyone else had issues? All I find are glowing reviews.

the only issue I've ran into lately is the new little builders velcro tapes don't have a very large (it's wide, but short) patch of the velcro on the tapes, and that makes them very intolerant of incorrect angling. I've had a lower tape "pop" several times at work and had to nip off to the restroom to sort things out. But fortunately being velcro, a popped tape can be easily and very reliably reattached. Adhesive tapes that pop absolutely have to be reinforced with duct tape etc if you want them to stay at all. (other than that they've been just perfect for wearing at work)

The only problem I've had with Tykables is the landing zone or tapes are occasionally misaligned, but that's all. Could be just a faulty product. I've never had any tapes popping, and besides you can just reattach them easily since they use hook and loop (velcro) tapes.

darkjo said:
The only problem I've had with Tykables is the landing zone or tapes are occasionally misaligned, but that's all. Could be just a faulty product. I've never had any tapes popping, and besides you can just reattach them easily since they use hook and loop (velcro) tapes.

The problems I've had with the tapes are with them pulling off the diaper. Could be a faulty product but since I had the same issues a year ago with the PLeather, I wonder if it is a fluke.

Jdp said:
I tried the PLeather diapers Tykables had, and they were just ok. I had problems with leaks and the tapes breaking every once in a while when I put them on. I haven't tried anything else until now and ordered a trial of Waddlers and Builders. I had the same issues as before with leaking and tapes. I certainly didn't push them to any big capacity let alone what they advertise and tried both the medium and large size. My wife said she does not like what they look like wet as they really show clumps and color.

I like the clothes from Tykables but have issues with the diapers. Has anyone else had issues? All I find are glowing reviews.

These types of diapers which use a tape landing zone are notorius for having leak issues around the legs. Since they do not have any lower tapes, it's near impossible to get a snug fit around your legs. Hence the leaks, usually after about only 4 hours of wearing them too.

The only way around this problem is to use one size too small. This tighter, incorrect "fit" will then compensate for the looseness and give a good seal against leaks. However, wearing one size too small will then also bring about even more problems such as leaking over the top, tapes popping loose, and even diaper bowouts.

Your best bet is to avoid diapers with a landing zone in general. You typically can't go wrong with Confidry, Northshore supreme, and Betterdry/Crinklz.

Slomo said:
These types of diapers which use a tape landing zone are notorius for having leak issues around the legs. Since they do not have any lower tapes, it's near impossible to get a snug fit around your legs. Hence the leaks, usually after about only 4 hours of wearing them too.

The only way around this problem is to use one size too small. This tighter, incorrect "fit" will then compensate for the looseness and give a good seal against leaks. However, wearing one size too small will then also bring about even more problems such as leaking over the top, tapes popping loose, and even diaper bowouts.

Your best bet is to avoid diapers with a landing zone in general. You typically can't go wrong with Confidry, Northshore supreme, and Betterdry/Crinklz.

You and I have never agreed on anything, especially with issues regarding a tape landing zone. I have had significantly more problems with "second-chance tapes", than I have ever had with a landing zone. Sorry if I don't get along with you, Slomo. But, it is what it is. I am sending my unopened bags of Crinklz back to NorthShore because of the low-cut and tape position problems.

NeverKnow said:
I've had the same problems and also have had trouble finding anyone with anything bad to say about them.

The only really memorable issue they've had is a history of some poor product and brand name decisions ;)

I know I'm not putting them on wrong because I put every diaper on mostly the same way. I don't get the same kind of leak problems with cheap diapers like tranquality atn or premium ones like crinklz. But put a tykables, fabine, abu, etc on the same way and its premature leaks for sure.

Also, I just tried the new peekabu and they do not have the same leak problems. The reason, because their tapes are finally positioned low enough. The problem with allbof the "no lower tapes" diapers then is both obvious and confirmed.

The Pleathers were a novelty at best. The tapes were the standard adhesive single use type of about the same quality used by most major ABDL brands back in 2016.

Waddlers and Builders don't use an adhesive tape. they have a velcro tape instead, so it isn't really possible for them to have the same kind of issues.

I never had any leaks or clumps with the Pleathers, but they wern't very impressive either. I don't remember any leaks, but they only lasted about 6 hours or so, for me. The new Tykables line seem to be much better overall. The overnights and Galactics seem to hold a small lake, and I've not seen any clumping even after 18 hours of active wear.

I have had velcro tapes pop, but only in situations where an adhesive tape would probably have torn. My only (minor) complaint is that the landing zone doesn't go down far enough by about an inch or two. This is my same complaint with the Bambino Magnifico velcro diapers, too. Zero leaks for me so far, and I've been wearing them almost every night since they were released.

I'm glad to hear I am not the only one with issues. I love Tykables as a company, and the best training pants I've ever had are made by them. Their diapers may just not be my cup of tea because of the tape landing zone.

Overall, I really like the quality of all the Tykables - great fitting and the velcro tabs work very well. I only have two issues: I don't like the "orange" sides on the Little Builders as it makes them look pink and somewhat sissy (which I'm not into) and they have a chemical smell to the new packages I've bought in the past month - not sure if it's the glue or what. I suppose it will go away if I take them out of the bags and let them air out a bit.

BryanGoodnite said:
Overall, I really like the quality of all the Tykables - great fitting and the velcro tabs work very well. I only have two issues: I don't like the "orange" sides on the Little Builders as it makes them look pink and somewhat sissy (which I'm not into) and they have a chemical smell to the new packages I've bought in the past month - not sure if it's the glue or what. I suppose it will go away if I take them out of the bags and let them air out a bit.

I just opened up a new bag of waddlers and noticed that chemical smell you were referring to, it could be the glue or ink, either way its pretty strong for some reason with this bag, I'm half way through my case and I didn't have any issues until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back