Looking for help with drawing ABDL art (specifically shading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluCappo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello there! Amateur digital artist here~ qwq

So, I am sort of a beginner with digital drawing, and am looking for someone that can help me 1 on 1 with my shading. The content of my drawings are ABDL related fyi. Thanks for reading!

What are you asking about specifically? Like shading over all or shading diaper? One thing you can do to get the idea of how shadows are is use a 3D program. If you rotate a light around a body you can see how it is casted.

You can also draw some lines as representation of where the light is coming from. It will help you know where to draw the shadows.

Finally what art program are you using?

I'm not good at 1 on 1. However, I can offer a few pointers just 'cause.

1. If you don't want to have the hassle of downloading a 3D program and figuring it out, just take an item and a desk lamp. Move the light around and watch the shadows.

2. There is such a thing as reflected light. An apple on a sheet of white paper with a lamp directly over it will still have a sort of 'glow' at the bottom due to the light reflecting off of the paper.

3. Look at other art that you really like a lot. Don't copy it, but observe how the other artist does things. See if you can pick out why you like it so much. :3 In addition to this, you can watch 'speedpaint' videos online. This lets you see what the artist is drawing from start to finish.

4. It takes time. A LOT of time. Try to draw something every day or so...I'm not good at finding time anymore, but it DOES help.

5. Don't give up. Even if it looks terrible at first, keep trying. It'll get easier and easier until you start wondering how you had such a hard time in the first place. ;3

6. If you want to practice without trying to do the actual drawing, try getting free-to-color lineart and trying that out. (You can find a lot of them on DeviantArt, just search for "Free Line Art")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back