Bedwetting

I rarely if ever wet in my sleep or while lying down but it usually happens as soon as I get out of bed. Gravity, yo. No chance of reaching the bathroom in time so I sleep padded but the bed itself never gets wet, not even from leaks.

I’ve given in to the fact that I can either get up 3 times a night to pee with fitful sleep and crazy dreams or I can use a boosted premium diaper every night. Before that, I was never prone to wetting the bed, but now it’s a risk. Even so, it’s almost always been that I wake up and can stop it, not a major flood. I often wet the diapers and don’t remember and can get 4 to 7 pound diapers by morning. But I’m much more rested and functional during the day.

I don’t know why anyone who might possibly wet the bed wouldn’t use waterproof mattress pads, maybe two at once. You could put your mattress into a waterproof zippered bag and put a waterproof mattress pad on top of that.

Frequently. There are nights where I think I've got this thing under control and I try sleeping without padding, and then I end up flooding the bed.

Then there are nights like tonight where I wore double padded just because I felt extra little, and I wake up in the middle of wetting. It was a major wetting, too, a complete soaking. Gonna need a middle of the night changing.

I've basically stopped taking chances with it and started sleeping padded every night. It's easier than changing sheets every day.

Tetra said:
You do know that almost almost all pschopharmaceuticals with heavy emphasis on both neuroleptics 2 nd & 3rd generation antipschotics and anti deppressant meds all cause retention and not fully emptying as well as full blown diabetes which diabetic neuropathy attacks hands feet and bladder, bladder neuropathy can be particulsrly bad because it can cause persistent pain , getting off easy is just losing sensation and IC , please dont shoot the messenger!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yes I know the problems. Ive tried to get my meds reduced but have to be monitored for symptoms. Its been a lifelong battle, well at least from my teens on. The neuropathy and pain is really irritating and has increased in recent years. Ive had the bladder pain and spasms and incomplete emptying and getting up in the night feeling like I have to go really bad but not being able to and then waking up wet a couple hours later.

Yes, I am a bedwetter. It slowly began in my late thirties when I began having trouble staying dry in the daytime also. In the beginning, bedwetting was infrequent, but when I woke up in the morning the urge to per was so severe that I didn't manage to get out of my bed before I was wetting. I was put in diapers because of that. Daytime was pull ups, but quickly became tape diapers. Now I'm in diapers 24/7, cloth diapers at night with rubber pants. Sometimes I leak in bed, but not often.

Yes I bed wet. I don’t like it but have gotten used to be diapered at night. I am at the point I don’t care what people think about diapers. I visit family few times a year to save money on hotel expenses i stay with family and got to the point I don’t care what they think. Diapers keep the bed dry

jasonm03 said:
Yes I bed wet. I don’t like it but have gotten used to be diapered at night. I am at the point I don’t care what people think about diapers. I visit family few times a year to save money on hotel expenses i stay with family and got to the point I don’t care what they think. Diapers keep the bed dry

Good for you. What does it matter if someone is a bedwetter.

I've wet and messed the bed my whole life unfortunately. Sleepovers were the worst since I almost always had to give my friends "the talk" when it came to bedtime. Fortunately I had good friends who just kinda accepted me even if they felt weird at first. I used to hate it but since discovering I'm a DL I have worn in public and honestly it really made me appreciate the fact I'm only incontinent at night. I don't think I could handle more than that. Waking up to a soiled diaper is 100x better than walking around in public with one, at least for me.

I have had some bedwetting incidents. I wear diapers 24/7 and change my diaper around 3 times a day. Usually I change into my night diaper just before bed and do not have bedwetting incidents when I do this. Sometimes though if my diaper is only damp, I have just gone to bed thinking that it will be ok. Rarely does this work; I sleep well wearing my diaper and wet while sleeping, and a dry diaper is sufficient, while a damp diaper is not likely to contain the pee. I have learned that being lazy and not changing just before bed can lead to bed wetting.

I wet almost every night and I don‘t mind. One of my biggest fears is retention, and wetting during the night is a sign that I can stil relax my sphincter. Anyway I wear diapers 24/7 so it‘s no big deal.

Yes, I wet the bed every night. As a kid I hated it because my parents would not let me wear nappies, back in the 1950s they thought I would ‘get over it’ quicker if I was uncomfortable. I wet at boarding school and only started to wear nappies again (homemade terries) in my late teens. It took me a very long time to feel comfortable with enjoying being wet and I now wear nappies 24/7 as I get ‘urgency’ so if I am out and about I wear pull-ups and at home it is my home made terry nappies, slightly babyish ones I am afraid! But under dungarees who knows, except for a few close friends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't see "wanting" to wet the bed. It stinks and ruins your mattress. Get a mattress pad or cover to stop that. If you're not wearing a diaper and you do it on purpose, that's a a whole different ball game.

If you're wearing diapers at night you're saying you don't want to wet the bed. Do whatever you can to prevent leaks.

I like waking up with a huge soaked diaper. I can tinkle all night long and get a good nights sleep without worrying about wetting the bed. At my age it's very important to get a good nights sleep. Slip on a diaper, slip into a nightie, and I'll see you in the morning.

Well i guess we can count me in as well as having Nocturnal enuresis as i CONSTANTLY leak 24/ 7 small to modest amounts so far but im alredy heavy protected so im utliest safe from waking up in a damped bed :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bellybag58 said:
I can't see "wanting" to wet the bed. It stinks and ruins your mattress. Get a mattress pad or cover to stop that. If you're not wearing a diaper and you do it on purpose, that's a a whole different ball game.

If you're wearing diapers at night you're saying you don't want to wet the bed. Do whatever you can to prevent leaks.

I like waking up with a huge soaked diaper. I can tinkle all night long and get a good nights sleep without worrying about wetting the bed. At my age it's very important to get a good nights sleep. Slip on a diaper, slip into a nightie, and I'll see you in the morning.

It only "ruins" a mattress when you don't use a diaper that is capable of working without leaking. Well, that and if you don't also use some sort of mattress protector.

I normally don't accidentally wet the bed unless I drink beer. I almost always wear diapers at night and use them because I do not like getting up just to pee. I do have the occasional nightly accident maybe once or twice monthly. Last month I lost my seasonal job and there is a break before I start school again which means no income or financial aide. I have started wetting the bed accidentally more often, almost nightly. My Dr. said it was from stress. NO DUH! The bad part is the VA dowsn't supply incontinence diapers. So thank gods for my bed pad.

Mickeymic said:
I normally don't accidentally wet the bed unless I drink beer. I almost always wear diapers at night and use them because I do not like getting up just to pee. I do have the occasional nightly accident maybe once or twice monthly. Last month I lost my seasonal job and there is a break before I start school again which means no income or financial aide. I have started wetting the bed accidentally more often, almost nightly. My Dr. said it was from stress. NO DUH! The bad part is the VA dowsn't supply incontinence diapers. So thank gods for my bed pad.

They actually do. Somewhat and sometimes for the east coast, and always for the west coast. If your VA doctor prescribes one of their default descriptions for a diaper then you will only get the incredibly cheap and thin stuff. However, if they prescribe a specific diaper by name then there is a small chance you can get that. You will have to fight for it on the east coast though as any diaper requests will automatically get turned down the first time.

WBxx said:
Same here, after waking in my wetness my wife even resorted to sleeping in a separate bed till we addressed the issue.

Yup, I went through that too several years ago. I got kicked out of the big bed and had to sleep on a small cot sized bed. The relationship didn't last for long after that. I have slept alone now for about a decade and while its sometimes lonely nobody judges me.

They make diapers in adult size for US bed wetters

Slomo said:
They actually do. Somewhat and sometimes for the east coast, and always for the west coast. If your VA doctor prescribes one of their default descriptions for a diaper then you will only get the incredibly cheap and thin stuff. However, if they prescribe a specific diaper by name then there is a small chance you can get that. You will have to fight for it on the east coast though as any diaper requests will automatically get turned down the first time.

I know what you are talking about. My Veteran's Representative (Vet Rep) said I'd have to prove that it is service connected, and financial need. By the time I went through that, I'll be back in school and Post 911 GI bill and Pell Grant and scholarships, give me too much money to prove financial need. I actually make pretty good money when in school.

Back