Bedwetting

Yes. When it first started it was maybe once a month. Happened after a back injury. Through the years it increased in frequency and volume. My kidneys don’t slow down when I sleep. I wake up wet almost every time. Part of the problem is that I have to drink a good amount of water during the day to keep my urine odor down (or else I smell like a retirement community by lunch time).

I wet the bed every night.

- - - Updated - - -

chamberpot said:
A well protected bed is a must, even if I wet the bed without a diaper on I have no fear of the mattress getting wet.

If the bed is well protected then what does it matter if you wet the bed. Sheets wash.

Weirdly, despite my IC issues, I don't wet the bed. I think laying down exerts enough pressure to prevent me from urinating. However, the moment I sit up, the floodgates open and I usually have my worst accident of the day right then. I am surprised that the pressure doesn't wake me up.

I've had wetting issues for over a decade. I don't wet the bed every night, but a diaper is a must for me. And it has to be one with tapes.
I have some control, but due to nerve damage, this fluctates each day. I have no idea what my control will be like each night, or if I'll feel the urge.
For my own peace of mind it's better for me to wear a diaper to bed and wake up dry, then go without and flood the bed. Diapers are easier to change than sheets.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Felix you are different ,"traditionaly" when men lie down it removes the double "S" curve in the male urethra which enables more leaking , my urologist was very specific that CIC is more comfortable lying down ,and I rather agree with him .my first year of catching like a bozo I sat and did it ,then again that was hard rubber rob Nell catheters after cathing I would boil it and let it dry in between cathings ,the disposable hydrophylic Coloplast is a joy comparitively(cut down UTI's dramaticly ,as in i cath 5 times a day and havent had a single infection in 9 years ).

Although transitioning to ambulation does increase intra abodominal pressure, it's crapshoot as to your unique leak situation,i think we have a ton more stuff we need to learn in urology ,what we actually know is a thimble compared to what we don't.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If the bed is well protected then what does it matter if you wet the bed. Sheets wash.[/QUOTE]

ST50: I agree with you. I cant always afford diapers so do what comes naturally. I have three changes for my single bed and often wait until all three have to go through the wash so I can save money. You gotta do whats necessary right? If the bed and pjs are peed in the morning I dont think its a big deal.

Reactions: Undefined
I love to wake up wet. I have seen on one site, a few years ago now, where guys talked about putting pin holes in the plastic part of their diapers. I have used disposables but I like my cloth diapers a lot more. Plus I can use my favorite ones over and over too.

I wear a diaper every night, and wet, I wear a PUL diaper cover. usually no leaks or wet bed, but if my diaper edge sticks out of the PUL pants it wicks the urine out of my diaper and soaks my nightgown and bed

Last time I wet my bed even though wearing a diaper it was a BIG mess!! I want to be able to pee anytime I want in the night....Worry about it in the morning...

beware that wicking!

I seem to wet the bed about 4 or 5 nights a week sometimes I think I won't need to be diaperd but I am starting to think that even if I don't feel like it it's just a good idea to go ahead and wear one anyways I get tired of washing my my blankets and I don't just wet a little bit I usually do wear and when I wake my diaper is usually full to capacity

I have been wearing diapers 24/7 on and off but much more recently. I wear a heaver night diaper and PUL pants; I change into my night diaper just before going to bed. I have noticed increased wettings requiring more frequent diaper changes. I also have noticed that more frequently saturate my diaper while asleep, but now wetting the bed more often. Last night OMG, I saturated my diaper, the sheets, and nightgown.

alwayz said:
I have been wearing diapers 24/7 on and off but much more recently. I wear a heaver night diaper and PUL pants; I change into my night diaper just before going to bed. I have noticed increased wettings requiring more frequent diaper changes. I also have noticed that more frequently saturate my diaper while asleep, but now wetting the bed more often. Last night OMG, I saturated my diaper, the sheets, and nightgown.

I often wet way beyond the capacity of my nappy and plastic pants and end up laying in a warm swamp of my own making.

I'm in my mid 40s. I wet the bed until I was 15 when I was younger. For the last four months I have been waking up wet at least 4-5 times a week. This is has been frustrating for me. I have adapted myself to wearing every night now. It feels comforting now to put on a diaper before going to bed.

Reactions: jamie72
BabyDL44 said:
I'm in my mid 40s. I wet the bed until I was 15 when I was younger. For the last four months I have been waking up wet at least 4-5 times a week. This is has been frustrating for me. I have adapted myself to wearing every night now. It feels comforting now to put on a diaper before going to bed.
When my bedwetting came back I soon settled back in to the habit.

Reactions: jamie72
I don't take any chances , if I don't wear a diaper to bed there is a very very good chance i'll be wet in the morning , not that the bed would be hurt as it is very well protected. But the wife would be upset that I got her side wet I am sure.

Not the bed thanks to the diapers and pads.most of my life.

chamberpot said:
I don't take any chances , if I don't wear a diaper to bed there is a very very good chance i'll be wet in the morning , not that the bed would be hurt as it is very well protected. But the wife would be upset that I got her side wet I am sure.

It is the only thing that upsets my wife if she wakes in a puddle of my pee.

ST50 said:
It is the only thing that upsets my wife if she wakes in a puddle of my pee.

Same here, after waking in my wetness my wife even resorted to sleeping in a separate bed till we addressed the issue.

yes im the same happened a couple of times and wife said get this fix or wear nappies. So i just resorted to wearing nappies. I know mine is due to sleep apnea but i just cant sleep with a mask on or a nose think.

Reactions: furry121
Back