A few good days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Well a few days ago I did some work outside of my house. The next day my back was sore (as it usually is after lifting things) and my bladder spasms were seldom. I only wet myself 3 times that day. For the next 2 days I thought I my bladder problems were finally going away. It was great! I was able to eat away with stupid depends real fit. That was until today. On my lunch break I always go home and when I got there and hopped out of my car my pant legs felt cold in the back. I had completely flooded and leaked.
So I changed and put on a diaper to be safe and about 4 hours ago the bladder spasm started again. I can’t tell if they are worse than before or if I just stated to get used to not having them be so crazy. I almost feel like going outside and trying to replicate what I did to see if I can get the same results. If I can do that I can get my ass to my neurologist and tell her what is going on and be a lab rat once again (and hopefully be fixed).

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and what was your results/outcome? I hate to get my hopes up but I can’t help it.

We all have good days and bad days. One of the bigges driving factors is if our bodies are naturally retaining or letting go of water. Your yard work probably dehydrated you out some, which caused your body to try and retain more water. Hence your bladder was just not filling up as much, and why your bladder seemed to calm down.

Of a bigger concern here, you really need to get past thinking you don't need diapers. As you found out, you will be let down.

I agree with Slomo im double IC and as Slomo says i have my calm periods as well as not so calm & everything else in between Hence im a 24 /7 whether i like it or not as i don't know when and were or how much or what kind that will come out . (Even wet yourself ONE time /day is IC ) and i would strongly suggest you try to find a way to accept the possibility of this being the case for you as well with youre Urine IC. and yes do get youre behind over to the urologist and inform them of this dear & in the meantime i would strongly suggest get some better H.L.G. Diapers and if needed PUK pants on to prevent embarrassing accidents.

Slomo said:
We all have good days and bad days. One of the bigges driving factors is if our bodies are naturally retaining or letting go of water. Your yard work probably dehydrated you out some, which caused your body to try and retain more water. Hence your bladder was just not filling up as much, and why your bladder seemed to calm down.

Of a bigger concern here, you really need to get past thinking you don't need diapers. As you found out, you will be let down.

Oh I know I need diapers. I was just hoping that I was cured/fixed. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Missy1 said:
I agree with Slomo im double IC and as Slomo says i have my calm periods as well as not so calm & everything else in between Hence im a 24 /7 whether i like it or not as i don't know when and were or how much or what kind that will come out . (Even wet yourself ONE time /day is IC ) and i would strongly suggest you try to find a way to accept the possibility of this being the case for you as well with youre Urine IC. and yes do get youre behind over to the urologist and inform them of this dear & in the meantime i would strongly suggest get some better H.L.G. Diapers and if needed PUK pants on to prevent embarrassing accidents.

I use confydry 24/7 diapers. I don’t need more than them. This was definitely more than a calm period. I’m pretty sure it was related to my back. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

A okay then , BELIEVE me i understand i fought against this for a long period of actually getting worse and like you i tried to cut down and only use on specific situations but as time went on and my "iccues "got worse and worse i had no choice then to accept defeat. Btw NOTHING wrong in hoping for improvement im shore most of does . It could have been yes but unfortunately im afraid that it's the normal ord progression of sed IC with time getting worse

May i also ad that im deeply sorry that youre hopes of getting cured were crashed like this :frown: In my case its more like IF i some day think im better due to a calm period or day /days & dare to go without you can bet that within a few hours i have an " accident" so i have personally given up those dreams

HeronimusM said:
i've got also bad and less bad days, never ever good days.

i'm currently even stocking spare clothing... tshirts, onesies pvc pants and most important socks !!!

anyway, bad days do occur, but if you are prepared then it's still bad but manageble.
my experience is getting good diapers, pvc pants and onesies.
the onesies keep your diaper tight on your body and giving a 90% of the time a secure fit preventing leaks.
BM explosions can leak, so

i've got episodes caused by spicy or greasy food, and overall stress, being prepared for the worse is the best preparation for the day

Ouch, having your diaper leak 10% of the time, and especially for BM leaks, is a clear indication you need better diapers. Leaks are not supposed to be a normal thing with diapers.

What do you IBS crowd do to cover the smell?

That sounds terrible dear :frown:

Change and clean THURLEY as soon as possible & ad up on sed protection and also PUK pants take of some of the smell it's really not much else you can do im afraid

Slomo said:
Ouch, having your diaper leak 10% of the time, and especially for BM leaks, is a clear indication you need better diapers. Leaks are not supposed to be a normal thing with diapers.

Slomo dear if may? As Heronimus says since being constipated and building up the cheer volume of feces well above and beyond the ord amount usually being processed its quite understandable that the possibility for even the best diapers chances of succeeding to actually being able to contain sed huge load is actually slim to non as the cheer volume will by far exceed the maximum volume that diapers are usually designed for. Hence its vital in this cases to try to find a way to be able to more frequently being able to get out ones BMS (i also have those BIG loads & explosions but even then its only from a few days of constipation so i don't get the amount that Heronimus are getting as i frequently and more or less daily " aid " my BMS rather then letting it built up to sed volumes.

I sometime mess in my sleep (especially if I eat spicy food and that make for some serious soreness in the morning). I’ve tried chlorophyll pills but why didn’t help with the smell. I’ve heard of people taking activated charcoal tabs but I haven’t tried them.

eating certain food may cause this reaction and as shush it shouldn't be mistaken as Fecal IC (especially spicy & also fat food i might ad ). the different pills and what not i cant answer as i haven't tried any of them so i leave that to those that know about this subject

Missy1 said:
eating certain food may cause this reaction and as shush it shouldn't be mistaken as Fecal IC (especially spicy & also fat food i might ad ). the different pills and what not i cant answer as i haven't tried any of them so i leave that to those that know about this subject

I’m definitely not fecal incontinent. I just have occasional accidents when I sleep and rarely during the day. Mostly when I have diarrhea and when I’m sick.

i would agree on that statement 100 % , Its when you on a REGULAR basis be it periodical or daily occurs (or you more times then not found marks in youre underwear you need to be concerned that something might be wrong. Now also reg the smell it all boils down to sed digesting process going on as well as what food so it all depends on both how long its being processed as well as what kind it is i would say

Missy1 said:
Slomo dear if may? As Heronimus says since being constipated and building up the cheer volume of feces well above and beyond the ord amount usually being processed its quite understandable that the possibility for even the best diapers chances of succeeding to actually being able to contain sed huge load is actually slim to non as the cheer volume will by far exceed the maximum volume that diapers are usually designed for. Hence its vital in this cases to try to find a way to be able to more frequently being able to get out ones BMS (i also have those BIG loads & explosions but even then its only from a few days of constipation so i don't get the amount that Heronimus are getting as i frequently and more or less daily " aid " my BMS rather then letting it built up to sed volumes.

While I don't normally have IBS, I have been unfortunate enough to have explosive diarrhea every now and again. Quite recently too.

I fully understand even decent diapers have a near impossible time containing that much and that fast. However, I also know there IS a diaper out there which is up to the task. Even while sitting down. Of which I'm sure everyone already knows which one it is.

I understand .Well as i sed before my brand is actually one of those brands as well that are aimed for this problem as well. Just not that shore it would be able to contain a whole week of it at that short amount of time . Then we also have to take in consideration that is that brand available in sed country ? (as far as i know the brand i believe youre referring to Northshore is NOT available here in Europe) And also if so what price range & can you actually afford it ? & last IF youre on some kind of insurance is it covered within sed insurance company ?

Missy1 said:
I understand .Well as i sed before my brand is actually one of those brands as well that are aimed for this problem as well. Just not that shore it would be able to contain a whole week of it at that short amount of time . Then we also have to take in consideration that is that brand available in sed country ? (as far as i know the brand i believe youre referring to Northshore is NOT available here in Europe) And also if so what price range & can you actually afford it ? & last IF youre on some kind of insurance is it covered within sed insurance company ?

Well ok then, you don't already know which one I was referring to then. Take a look at betterdry.

As for cost, their high absorpion means thry need fewer changes. This drastically lowers their per day cost to be less than "cheaper" diapers. So if you can afford a cheaper diaper you can obviously afford them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back