IQ and DL or AB relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think public schools test IQ like they used to. Like most here, I don't know my IQ though it's supposed to be relatively high. That said, I think that members on this site may seem brighter than the average because a blog site requires reading, thinking and responding by writing. That also requires time and effort, and that's going to limit the number of people in any given population to drawing more from the intelligent sector of society.

I've also witnessed some dim witted responses coming out of this site so in my humble opinion, I wouldn't assume all people who wear diapers as AB/DL being necessarily intelligent.

In my years of bumbling through life, I've learned to put less importance on IQ and intellectual intelligence, and a lot more on ability and accomplishment. I've seen some people create incredible things with their hands. I've witnessed amazingly talented musicians doing the seemingly impossible with an instrument or singing. Ability and hard work is what makes people great and amazing.

PamperDamper said:
I do feel like as I age my IQ has went down, ha!

IQ is similar to riding a bike. If you don’t use it for a while it gets put on the back burner of your brain. If you need to access it again it takes a bit to recall the knowledge but you don’t necessarily lose it. Doing things like taking college classes, crossword puzzles, soduko, reading a book, learning a new language, etcetera, will keep your brain “fresh” and healthy. Also, having a proper diet (mine is terrible) and getting the right amount of sleep will also help.

CuddleWoozle said:
I've never taken an IQ test that I can recall, but I was put into advanced and accelerated classes in school as a kid. Because I could literally sit and read the entire years worth of material within a couple of months and understand it. XD

But Like Scaramouche said, we're here to have fun, not worry about who has the score to be in Mensa. :3

Whats, "MENSA" ?!

littlemoosey said:
Whats, "MENSA" ?!

It's a snobby club for people with genius level IQs. The quintessential circle jerk.
Anyway, I think being a DL/AB has more to do with our sensory experiences in our developmental years and how we internalized them. However, I can say with certainty that I've met a disproportionately high number of very gifted DLs, compared to the overall population. I won't even try to speculate on the 'why', but it's something I've noticed.

Purportedly, Mensa is a group to meet fellow 'smart people'. You've got to be in the top two percentage points for IQ in the general population to be allowed to join.

https://mensa.org/

However being smart doesn't always mean that they're -nice- as well. *giggles*

I'd rather hang out with nice people than smart people, anyhow.

Concepts like IQ are going the way of upright walking T-rex.

As many have stated iq is rather subjective however I will say I have noted a similar view at times.
Speaking only for myself, I am employed as a robotics engineer, I am a pilot and own/operate an aircraft, I am a passionate photographer and teach photography workshops and I am studying nuclear physics/engineering for fun. Does this make me of above average intelligence? I don’t believe so, I am however inquisitive and enjoy learning And I am fairly creative. After all I wear diapers to relax and help get through life in some folks eyes I am nuts.
Perhaps we have above average inquisitive and creative attributes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh I'm not a big fan of IQ testing. I do have a Masters degree and two Bachelor degrees though so I do consider myself quite intelligent.

Cameron said:
It's a snobby club for people with genius level IQs. The quintessential circle jerk.
Anyway, I think being a DL/AB has more to do with our sensory experiences in our developmental years and how we internalized them. However, I can say with certainty that I've met a disproportionately high number of very gifted DLs, compared to the overall population. I won't even try to speculate on the 'why', but it's something I've noticed.

Thanks Cameron for the answer! It was rhetorical though. I'd never make it into MENSA, I cant even spell it!

littlemoosey said:
Thanks Cameron for the answer! It was rhetorical though. I'd never make it into MENSA, I cant even spell it!

His description is fairly accurate. You also have to pay membership fees as well. Most of the folks on the forums there seem to have aggrandizement of the ego.there are the ones who can’t get off their high horse and love to be very critical of others. Some of the posters on their forums made me question the integrity of the club all together (now I sound like I’m in a high horse).

In my opinion AB/DL has little to no relevance to IQ but i find that we as a community tend to have more empathy than the rest of society due to the fact that we had to hide the things we do , most of us had to go though certain issues eg binge/purge cycle etc , that's why we tend to understand the feelings associated with it .

That being said there are other variables like others have said (eg upbringing, the different countries, culture , education etc ) all contributes to intelligence. Due to the things we experience everyday we learn something new , therefore it is quite difficult to calculate intelligence, a person might score extremely high on a standardized test but could not differentiate right from wrong ( eg a highly educated person shunning us AB/DLs for who we are and the things we do) well we certainly are not doing anything wrong and it makes us happy so why the hate. Now if this person was wise enough he/she would take the time to understand instead knowing that there are many things such as the life of such AB/DLs upbringing , issues etc then it's a different story. I find that intelligence does not necessarily equals to wisdom but having wisdom could mean having some form of intelligence as a highly intelligent person may still try to hurt someone whereas a wise person may not.

If everyone could be empathetic and understand everyone coming from different backgrounds , understand the things they do using their knowledge to help others then that is truly wisdom and intelligence.

Slomo said:
I remeber taking an IQ test when entering the Marines decades ago. I never bothered to commit the number to memory, but do recall it was right between average and genius. And I'm sure it's changed since then anyways.

UN like the ARMY, the USMC don't score ASVABs on the IQ scale (where 100 is the norm) USMC grad on a pestilential.
Sooo a score of 95 on an Army MA (Manically Aptitude) Is slightly below the norm. whereas A 95 on a USMC score is super high.
I have no idea why they cant all get on the same scale.
Look on the printout of your scores that you revived about two hours after taking the tests. It brakes down into 4 sets of scores US Army... USMC... USAF... and Navy. ALL fore are on that paper. Go to the US Army scores and check the score labeled "GT" THAT is your IQ.

Cameron said:

Sorry to spoil it to you, but not everyone in Mensa are snobby about their intelligence? Example: Me.
I am qualified with an Intelligence quotient on the top 1.2%
-But I do not go around and show off, nor do I have a snobby attitude.
Well... That would be in follow of my own knowledge of the meaning of 'being snobby'...

My IQ tested at 129. DL but not AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back