IQ and DL or AB relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PamperDamper

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have a guess that most people here in the AB or especially the DL category are in the high side of IQ range.

Poll needed. For now, please respond in honesty your IQ or estimation of such...

I can't say. I have absolutely no idea what my IQ is.

I'm curious, what on Earth makes you guess that? Especially the, "especially the DL category," part? I'd assume the IQ's of both are normally distributed as in the population at large unless there was a precedent. As for mine, haven't a clue, never taken a test.

Just a guess that we are like this because of an earlier cognitive ability than most, taking in more of our surroundings younger. Old souls, if you will.

IDK for sure about DL vs. AB, all of these thoughts are just in an infancy stage right now...:smile1: I am not being AB DL divisive. I mean AB DL as a whole vs. most other population.

Your poll has too many variables starting with an IQ test. I've never taken one. I know there's many online ones but who's to say what is a "correct" IQ score.

Personally, I don't really care about anyone's IQ. We're here to have fun!

I've never taken an IQ test that I can recall, but I was put into advanced and accelerated classes in school as a kid. Because I could literally sit and read the entire years worth of material within a couple of months and understand it. XD

But Like Scaramouche said, we're here to have fun, not worry about who has the score to be in Mensa. :3

I do not see the relevance to post my IQ all over the internet.
But I am in the top 1.2193% (estimated) on the SD.15 scale, which equals to...
You can look up the number yourself, since it wouldn't be fond of me to brag.
I am a DL, by the way.
-Also, I don't see how my Intelligence Quotient has any influence, although your theories are more than welcome. :)

Having a high IQ is pretty amazing, but I consider common sense as being more valuable.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I am no IQ snob. We are all here to have fun. I just find this interesting. We are all gifted in some way or another, regardless of IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

12srepaid said:
Having a high IQ is pretty amazing, but I consider common sense as being more valuable.

ABSOLUTELY!

SnowTrees said:
I'd assume the IQ's of both are normally distributed as in the population at large unless there was a precedent.

Probably, yes. But I don't think IQ is normally distributed in the members of this forum. There are reasons thinkable that people with a somewhat higher IQ are overrepresented here, particularly in those that are actively participating in discussions and are thus more visible than others: selection bias. Impossible to say though how large this bias is.

Also, do note, the tests found for free online aren't very accurate. :p

And to get a proper score, you need to take more than one test and average the results. So one test could tell you that you got a 116-130 and another one will plant you right into 125. (And also, the freebie ones are going to try to 'upsell' you on their paid versions if they have 'em. XD "More accurate results!" Pleaaaaase. I'll just go take a couple of regular tests.)

Also, there's the whole pitfall of "You're just freaking good at taking tests." And someone just as smart has a phobia of them and freezes up.

In other words, don't put -too- much stock in such things, because like so many things in life, it's what you DO WITH IT that makes all the difference. :3

(A high IQ in general means that a person is more apt to learn something and apply it to different situations faster than someone with a lower score. It doesn't automatically mean you're super smart, just that you use information more efficiently.)

One hundred and twenty three, according to the US Army. (Look on your ASVABs Your GT is your IQ.) That puts me in the "Borderline genius."category. Also, it was dun BEFORE my collage english professor realized i'm dyslexic. (Back when I was in K to 12 Teachers barely knew the word "dyslexic", let alone how to catch it in there students) So there's no way of guessing what it would be if dyslexia were taken into account. But i have been offered a membership in MENSA.
As an "interesting" side note... Research has shone that the "advantage IQ among the transgender community is about 20 points above the "Norm" here in the US. So i guess that makes me not that special among TGs.
Side note two. I've also MAXED out on a couple of collage entrance exams.

Last edited:
I remeber taking an IQ test when entering the Marines decades ago. I never bothered to commit the number to memory, but do recall it was right between average and genius. And I'm sure it's changed since then anyways.

More importantly though, I've seen a wide variety of intillegence levels on here and similar sites. I do not believe being ab or dl makes any difference towards intillegence at all.

PamperDamper said:
I have a guess that most people here in the AB or especially the DL category are in the high side of IQ range.

Poll needed. For now, please respond in honesty your IQ or estimation of such...

I don’t believe IQ has anything to do with it. I am an astronomy/astrophysics major (switched from psychology) and have an above average IQ. I also have ADHD as well. I qualify to be a member of Mensa but I refuse to pay a fee to show the world that I’m “smart”.

It's also worth noting that your IQ changes with time, to a certain degree. It isn't a static value.

Now, it's likely true that a person who is more mentally flexible and open to concepts like AB/DL related things would be on the upper end of the average IQ, but mental flexibility is often a good sign of intelligence, both for problem solving and understanding new concepts. I doubt there's any correlation between intelligence and interest in certain lifestyles like this one, it's just happenstance.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't know my IQ. It doesn't seem like it would be relevant to my status as an ABDL in any event.

It is a fun topic, and thank you all for your input.

I forgot about ASVAB. I had every recruiter at my house after the high school one. I may be curious enough to look that up. I remember mainly that they liked my mechanical ability portion, but it could have been something overall, too.

I do feel like as I age my IQ has went down, ha!

I've never had an IQ test, but I feel like I would fall somewhat above average. That's just a guess, of course.

If it's worth anything, when I was in the fourth grade I was doing poorly in math (and I'm still terrible at it), so my parents had me tested at one of those Sylvan Learning Center places. They said I was reading at a ninth-grade level. Not quite sure how they figured that, when I recall the reading tests basically being reading a passage and answering simple questions about it.

Oh yeah well am 199 yeah right how a gives a dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back