Close call phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan2127

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Went on vacation with family in Florida. Bought some goodnites while down there. My parents don't know I wear diapers nor did they know I bought them down there. I got out one of the days with a backpack and eventually got back to our resort. I went "grocery shopping" lol by the end of the week I only got half way thru the pack and after some thinking I decided that it wasn't worth trying to bring back so I dumped the rest in the trash :(

Anyways, my question to you guys is, if I did try and bring the goodnites back, would the scanner detect them at the airport? Any experiences with bringing goodnites thru TSA, specifically?

I did lots of research but still decided that the possibility of them digging thru my carryon and exposing them for everyone to see including my parents, would've been the most demoralizing thing possible lol so I played it safe! The funny part is, is I ended up getting a pat down by TSA even though I wasn't wearing nor did I have anything in pockets! It was like the universe telling me something aha

Last time I flew I had diapers in my
Carryon and they didn't bat an eye. The only thing that flagged was in the scanner my pant leg was a bit baggy around my ankle so they had to pat me down below the knee. They wouldn't flag in the x-ray machine unless they we full of liquid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Actually they do see vivid details of everything during a x ray scan so privacy is tossed out the window. Furthermore if they need to do a secondary search oh yeah bet yer bipseys they do empty your contents out for ALL to see. Let alone if you have to get patted down yes they will feel your junk man or woman so they will tell you have a diaper on.

I've traveled diapered so many times, even internationally. The full buddy scanner will reveal your padding, but the people looking are in a totally different room. As long as you are not wet, they shouldn't bother you. I always keep a spare diaper or two in my carry-on as well. I've had my bag inspected with diapers inside (thankfully just white) but they were very discrete about it all.

I also travel a lot, always while diapered and with spare changes in my carry on. Never once has the tsa bat an eye at them. As mentioned though, if you have so.ething else in your bag which triggers a secondary search, then yeah everything in that bag could end up on the table.

Yeah for sure they see everything in your bag and depending where you stand you can also see what they are seeing including your nappies, books, clothes and messes of wires from your charger cables and headphones.

I have traveled with coworkers many times and dreaded the concept of my belongings in my carryon being exposed but still done it... Family is different though, that is really harrowing.

i had diapers in my carryon backpack, and wss flagged for a search. tuns out it was the combination of a little potted plant next to my binoculars--evidently a dense center section with two tubes sticking up from it got a bunch of people excited! gee, go figure.
he didnt even go into the next zippered section with the diapers. everyone involved was relieved

I recently traveled to the US (los angeles) with my family ( im from asia ) yes it is quite scary considering it's my first time there and hearing much of the TSA body checking and stuff, i did the same thing too carrying my backpack on one of the days and bought some goodnites while i was there and i actually bought it back with me through the airport , the scanner probably saw the goodnites but i think its quite normal for them to see such things, i was also quite nervous as i didn't want to get exposed in front of my family but fortunately TSA checks didn't bat an eye and i went though security check smoothly . I didn't wear on the flight back though as im too afraid to do so.

The way I look at these sorts of situations is that you're almost certainly not the only person who will be travelling through the airport diapered that day, particularly if it's a busy airport, so it's almost a certainty that other people will have diapers in their carry on too. I know this doesn't help you in your situation but it always helps to just relax because if you're panicked it will alert the TSA/Security guys more than if you're just relaxed, TSA should be professional about doing their job.

Last time I flew my bags got selected by security at Amsterdam Schipol airport, no biggie but still annoying they went through my bag just checking the contents briefly and my bumbag(fanny pack for Americans) too still annoying and it does make you wonder why your's gets selected etc, but it's better just to go with the flow

When I visited the UK parliament last year I had to go through airport style security there too and my bag got pulled again, it's just one of those things at the end of the day.

Airports and diapers come up frequently on this site, and I will admit to also having experience with it. I tend to never wear through security. I wear for pleasure, so this is fine. Rather diapering up afterwards. This does mean that there are diapers in my carry-on bag... and for some reason mine likes to be pulled aside for further inspection.. when traveling with colleagues or friends I now have to let them go through first, and clear the security area before I make an attempt at passing through. Too likely that 3 Tena Maxi will be pulled out and put on display for all around.. having said this, I do always keep them in a black plastic bag, and if it gets questioned I do ask them for some discretion for its contents. They usually pause, stare at me, then look in the bag, and if anything they become more uneasy than me...

Happy traveling dear diaper friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back