Incontinence in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackT97

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
Ok this isn't something I've had to deal with but I found the article before about someone who wet himself in court. It looks like the person isn't genuinely incontinent but didn't tell the judge that he needed the toilet and ended up wetting his pants.

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/rape-suspect-wets-pants-in-court/

It got me thinking though because I suffer from urinary incontinence. If someone who was incontinent had to go to prison I can imagine it being absolutly unbearable. Would you even be able to use nappies and what would the other prisoners do if you did.

There's got to be incontinent people in prison, especially since injuries to the spine can cause incontinence. I suspect the prison provides cheap diapers. They may also wear urine collection units.

This has come up before, and in prison you get the same kind of medical grade crap you get in hospitals. Just one more reason to stay out of prison I guess.

Though if I personally ended up there and had to use that crap I'd sue for cruel and unusual punishment.

They will give you diapers and suchlike, but you'll usually be relegated to a medical ward within the prison itself. And only certain prisons will even take you on.

BTW: You might think it would be easier to be in the medical ward, but it isn't. You're in there with the lifers who are getting too old to stay in general population due to medical issues. :3

My advice? Try to stay out of prison. You'll be much happier if you do.

I wet the bed every night and am wet most of the time during the day so I guess I would not have a nice time in prison

CuddleWoozle said:
They will give you diapers and suchlike, but you'll usually be relegated to a medical ward within the prison itself. And only certain prisons will even take you on.

BTW: You might think it would be easier to be in the medical ward, but it isn't. You're in there with the lifers who are getting too old to stay in general population due to medical issues. :3

My advice? Try to stay out of prison. You'll be much happier if you do.

Cuddlewoozle, I'm concerned it sounds like you have spent too much time in the slammer! Perhaps you should take it easier in the marauding Pooh Bears!

littlemoosey said:
Cuddlewoozle, I'm concerned it sounds like you have spent too much time in the slammer! Perhaps you should take it easier in the marauding Pooh Bears!

Nuuuu. See, I am Warden Woozle and I watch the naughty forest critters and make sure they're good. :3

From Canada.
Ibs incon.
Expect a lot of doctors. It cost less than actually providing you with anything.
Depending on where you are, you might be segregated.
Yes. In "the hole", a bit different when your medical.
Expect a lot of doctors visits.
The only people you will see will be guards or medical staff.
Even then, since you're already segregated they won't bring you a change. Shower every 3 days! If you need a doctor, once a week. Enjoy!

I hate to be the asshole. (If it can really be called me being an asshole here) But if you're incont I'd say maybe you should try hard to not got to prison in the first place? Or, well, I mean, If you're human in general really just try not to go to prison?

I spent many of my able bodied life volunteering with inmates in supermax prisons , you get cheap diapers on a schedule the prison decides , each diaper comes with a biohazard bag that you place the bold diaper in and give back to the guard , just as clothing is rationed if the prison issues three pairs and they toss your cel looking for shanks or contraband you will be charged with concealing a prohibited item ,unlawfull possession this is a common theme to much instant coffee ,extra socks , more than one bar of soap, wearing a jumsuit that is to large are all serious infractions , you can get between 15 & 60 days in the shu or dhu(it's basicly 23 1/2 hours locked in solitary the other 1/2 hour is for hygenie , the roll a shower to your cell , open the door you get in shower and directly back into your cage.

This also causes you to lose everthing in your cell except legal papers theybgetbreturned to you everything else goes into garbage , so if you had a hustle and loaded up on commissary iyptems they are lost , depending on rathervthim is a first offense or your repeat offender will also determine if you lose some or all of your goodtime accrued , the acrual of good time can get you an earlier release date, it also includes the loss of all privledges and your job , the mosst sought after position in any facility is kitchen/food service it pays the most, usually between 17 & 20 cents a day which in prison wages is like being a wall Mart CEO .you not only can make yourself better chow then the rest of the guys get or eat, but it's a great hustle guys always want more food because most facilities stick to 1800 or less calories a day , which is the rock bottom amount of calories to sustain life , so shoving a sandwich down your pants before returning to your cell can earn you major respect and get paid like four cigarettes a couple of joints or a half gallon of "pruno" save your meal fruit hide it in a reash back add sugar and water , let it rot it forms a basic alcohol , doesht taete the best, but it will get you drunk and allow you a brief escape from reality , just font get csught because in pridon thats a felony , most seriously ill or incontinent are seperated from general population because at the least you will be bullied and teaeed at the worst exploited & raped, so prisons would rather keep you seperated in isolation than hafe your health and eelfare jeopatdised ahd gafe rhe ACLU seeing on your behalf now prison hospitals in most cases are horrors of there own , they are run by companies that were the lowest bidders and the people who work forvtheee companies are doctors bad nurses who don't play well with others nor do they care about the patients your just a numbering long series of numbers they deal with every day , if you go to prison with any serious medical issues or need expensive medication the prison doctor will find a justification for denying it ,chronic pain or acute pain will get you aspirin and acetominophen and told to suck it up. Prison is not fair or just in anyway and it's a same site bettervthan most of the world yet still doesmt score a pass with a score of humane. You dont want to attend regardless of sick or healthy and this is in our actual prisons if you live in a place that allows for profit prisons its an even worse more bleak outlook, in for profit prison its horrendous growing up my mother raised me to budget and plan my meals around $5.00 dollars add at for food,For ptofit prisons budget food cost atound $2.05 -per inmate per day. And they wonder why inmates inmates get released and are angry and bitter.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Well not committing any crimes is still no guarantee that you won't ever see the inside of a jail or prison. Innocent people get arrested and with some area's judicial systems, they can be locked up for days, months, or even years before they get their day in court. It is one reason people will take a plea deal even if they are innocent of what they are accused of doing.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/mass-inca...-mass-incarceration-without-ending-money-bail

http://wapo.st/2psKteH?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.db440be4a0e5

Unfortunately very true I have met a hand full of people who took a plea to get out on unjust charge,only to later have that come back to haunt them. We need criminal justice reform in this country badly ,unfortunately it's not a priority of most politicians ,and the reason for that in many cases comes to down to "organized crime" .They are obscured by shell corporatrations and ficticios CEOS in made up adresses but when you get down thru all that crap you find out the judge that put you on probation and your new probation officer are owners investors with other judges, probation & parole officers of the community corrections program or work release that you were sentenced to ,and about 75 % percent of people are rearrested on new charges of violating probation for knowing someone violated a rule , like taking a drag of a cigarette or a drink of something and not ratting them out ,and they are making a killing with this revolving door of injustice,get in on a minor charge and they will own you and your life for as long as 10-15 years ,this happens in states that used to have an economy based on oil, cattle,coal or agriculture, but now generates money by preying on citizens through the justice system ,the state of Colorado is shining example of states that have turned against its citizens via its corrupt law enforcement and judicial appointments .There are many others that I have heard about but without doing the personal deconstruction research I am hesitant to call them out ,but through my volunteer court advocate experience and looking under the thin veneer of "justice" that's something I witnessed and can feel confidant in my own research, I don't like to condemn anybody for bad unethical behaviour unless I have verified things personally.
PaddedDeist said:
Well not committing any crimes is still no guarantee that you won't ever see the inside of a jail or prison. Innocent people get arrested and with some area's judicial systems, they can be locked up for days, months, or even years before they get their day in court. It is one reason people will take a plea deal even if they are innocent of what they are accused of doing.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/mass-inca...-mass-incarceration-without-ending-money-bail

http://wapo.st/2psKteH?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.db440be4a0e5

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back