A genie gives you two options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I like running little hypotheticals in my head about what I would or could do given certain abilities in an alternate reality. I think this is one that would generate varying responses so I'll share it here.

You stumble upon a magic lamp at a shifty antique store, rubbing the lamp produces a cloud of smoke and a genie in typical animated-movie style. This genie is the ABDL genie and offers you a choice of two differing abilities related to size and age but no option to say no... although a no would be to walk away and hope you never say anything for hypothesize something of the nature at any point in the future.

The two options you are given are as follows.

1. You can regress to any age and maintain mental capacity but are stuck as the opposite sex until returning to normal age.

2. You can shrink in size to the equivalent of any age to scale and remain your birth sex. This includes all forms of hair your body might have and its maturities, just miniature.

In my view there are pros and cons to both.

For the first one, the pro is that it theoretically enables immortality. But the changing of the sex requires that you change your perception of the world as people will expect different things out of you. Although that also means that at a certain limit trying to flip back to the normal state would cause sudden and instant death. But shrinking to the size of a toddler with the abilities of a toddler would be an interesting experience... and save alot of money on diapers.

The second one, the big pro is the same as the cost-saving pro of the last one, where you could wear baby diapers instead of full size. Imagine spending only 20 cents on a diaper that works ridiculously well, rather than the $2+ adult size equivalent? That would be an amazing reality. The con is that you can't turn into Antman, but you could make yourself slightly taller because other people your age can be taller. That could be a bonus.

Either ability would make be a better father should I ever have kids, then having playdates with him/her when the guest is secretly me using power #1. That would be a cool experience.

$0.20 per diaper tho, I could bullet through five diapers and still not match the cost of an mid-upper-range adult diaper.

I would definitely choose option number 1. While I am pretty comfortable with being a girl now, I grew up with two older brothers, so I was a bit of a tomboy anyway. My parents didn't care about gender roles, I wasn't expected to do anything different than my brothers. And even as a little kid, having a boy in my ballet class was just very normal to me, so I think I'd still do that.

This choice is probably easier for a girl to make xD I would hate to have a miniature me with all the same body hair and anatomy, and no periods? Yes please! I'd just always regress on those days!
And think of all the cute toddler/baby dresses and rompers and little socks and dungarees and onesies and awww! And I could fit into the playhouses at the park and climb trees that I'm too heavy for now and wouldn't have to worry about what people might think! (This has me way too excited.)
Would that also include the palate of a toddler? Because that would mean one could actually enjoy regular baby food!

Schwanensee said:
I would definitely choose option number 1. While I am pretty comfortable with being a girl now, I grew up with two older brothers, so I was a bit of a tomboy anyway. My parents didn't care about gender roles, I wasn't expected to do anything different than my brothers. And even as a little kid, having a boy in my ballet class was just very normal to me, so I think I'd still do that.

This choice is probably easier for a girl to make xD I would hate to have a miniature me with all the same body hair and anatomy, and no periods? Yes please! I'd just always regress on those days!
And think of all the cute toddler/baby dresses and rompers and little socks and dungarees and onesies and awww! And I could fit into the playhouses at the park and climb trees that I'm too heavy for now and wouldn't have to worry about what people might think! (This has me way too excited.)
Would that also include the palate of a toddler? Because that would mean one could actually enjoy regular baby food!

Your body would be equivalent to that of your opposite-gender counterpart from an alternate timeline. All components are reduced to meet that age with the sole exception of mental capacity. That is inclusive of muscle strength, your teeth, eyesight for some, fat. Thinking about it, a baby would be very similar to an adult if it's consciousness was exchanged with that of an adult.

Since it isn't your body with all your experience, just your consciousness in it, you would be at the same physical stages as a baby at whatever point you decide to start from. Let's say you decide to go for 12 months. What do you think you couldn't do? Well, since it is only your consciousness in it, any learned reactions and muscle memory would not exist as neural connections in the brain. Your logic remains in your consciousness but many critical connections you take for granted do not exist. What is critical in this for us is that it wipes our toilet training, ability to walk, and most of our speaking. Most of those would also be restricted by the body development of that point in life, which is another strike against potty training and walking. But if baby-you liked baby food back then, the odds are regressed-you would like it too.

I think speaking would be possible, but very slow. Your consciousness and logical abilities will allow you to slowly harness the new body to help it work for you in your position. Given the lack of development, it would not be anything close to adult speaking despite the adult knowledge and vocabulary. As stated before, just about all abilities of connecting with the outside world are restricted to body development up to that point. Let's just hope you weren't a late crawler.

I probably put waaaaaayy too much thought into that, but that's what I think the realistic scenario would be if this was possible.

I hope that we could regress and return to normal whenever we choose. I would choose the first option to be able to have the body of a baby. I like 18 months, at that age being male or female does not matter much. Would require a mommy to take care of me. The thought of just scaling down my body does not really appeal to me.

Themanswifesman said:
Your body would be equivalent to that of your opposite-gender counterpart from an alternate timeline. All components are reduced to meet that age with the sole exception of mental capacity. That is inclusive of muscle strength, your teeth, eyesight for some, fat. Thinking about it, a baby would be very similar to an adult if it's consciousness was exchanged with that of an adult.

Since it isn't your body with all your experience, just your consciousness in it, you would be at the same physical stages as a baby at whatever point you decide to start from. Let's say you decide to go for 12 months. What do you think you couldn't do? Well, since it is only your consciousness in it, any learned reactions and muscle memory would not exist as neural connections in the brain. Your logic remains in your consciousness but many critical connections you take for granted do not exist. What is critical in this for us is that it wipes our toilet training, ability to walk, and most of our speaking. Most of those would also be restricted by the body development of that point in life, which is another strike against potty training and walking. But if baby-you liked baby food back then, the odds are regressed-you would like it too.

I think speaking would be possible, but very slow. Your consciousness and logical abilities will allow you to slowly harness the new body to help it work for you in your position. Given the lack of development, it would not be anything close to adult speaking despite the adult knowledge and vocabulary. As stated before, just about all abilities of connecting with the outside world are restricted to body development up to that point. Let's just hope you weren't a late crawler.

I probably put waaaaaayy too much thought into that, but that's what I think the realistic scenario would be if this was possible.

I know you're probably trying to point out the negative side with not having all the reflexes yet, but that would actually be bliss for me. I'm hypersensitive to sound and light, so now loud noises and the like make me flinch all the time. I didn't have this problem as a kid, so that would actually be very relaxing.

If this male counterpart body had the same developement as me, I would truly see no problem. I was a very active toddler and would climb on chairs, trees, people, anything really. I started speaking at a normal age, was potty-trained somewhere between 2 and 3, there was really nothing extraordinary when I was small.

I wouldn't mind not being able to speak, I prefer non-verbal communication in my Little headspace anyway. But if I were to regress to around three, that's when my pronounciation was pretty well developed already. (There's stories of me mimicking random sentences from grown-ups around me, and apparently it was very amusing to see three year old me talking like an adult :D)

A big plus when comparing it to the other option is also that I could regress to, say, 5 years old and just go to a nearby park and play. Having a downscaled human running around would surely raise more eyebrows. Also, if you just scale a human body down to toddler-size, clothing and diapers and such wouldn't fit properly since the proportions would be off. A baby's body is much more compact, with short arms and legs in comparison to the torso and head. Sleeves would be much too short, and diapers probably too big. Pacifiers would probably also not fit, since an adult's head is so much smaller relative to their body, so at that height, pacis would be giant.

Since maintaining my current mental capacity would obviously require all/most of my current memories then I would go with option 1. This would be a literal age reversal and get me an all new body while keeping my experiences/mind intact. Heck yeah it would be worth a sex change.

IF I "Gender jump" am I left with XY chromosomes or am I now XX?

IF I chose to regress to 3 y/o do i go back to 1959? Or do I start over here in 2018?
Because IF Barbra Eden time shifts me back to `59 I'm sitting pretty to make a fortune on the stock market, The housing crash and sports gambling, (Remember your old VCR tape of Back To The Future?)
BUT... Gender jumping was NOT a cool thing in the 50s/60s It could even get you killed

ESPF said:
IF I "Gender jump" am I left with XY chromosomes or am I now XX?

IF I chose to regress to 3 y/o do i go back to 1959? Or do I start over here in 2018?
Because IF Barbra Eden time shifts me back to `59 I'm sitting pretty to make a fortune on the stock market, The housing crash and sports gambling, (Remember your old VCR tape of Back To The Future?)
BUT... Gender jumping was NOT a cool thing in the 50s/60s It could even get you killed

It would basically be magic in a way - everything around you would be the same but you would be changed. This gender jump essentially exchanges your consciousness with that of your would-be self in an alternate timeline where you were born that way but in the present day. So it is technically a natural body meaning you would be XX as long as you were at a modified age, which you can change at any time. Since you are 61, you could be 25 for a day or week or month, or create a new life as the opposite sex.

I would go for option 1 also.

As a male that at times wears female clothing, I would have no problem regressing to a female and I think I would find it very interesting in having to 're-learn' normal functioning.

I take the unspoken third option and say "No thanks crazy genie. I know what tricks you get up to." XD

CuddleWoozle said:
I take the unspoken third option and say "No thanks crazy genie. I know what tricks you get up to." XD

True, genies are often trouble and will try to twist your answer into something you didn't mean. :laugh: Still, if I had to pick, I'd definitely rather go with the first option. If nothing else, it'd be an interesting experience growing up in a female body instead, but being in the state of consciousness I'm in now, I'd get to be more aware of what all is going on. Plus, I'd then be a girl who enjoys diapers and ABDL rather than a boy, which I don't doubt would add to the uniqueness of the experience.

I'd go with option 2, if my body proportions were to remain the same as they are now. I'm under the impression this is something that could be done at will? While the physical gender change of option one would be something I'd love since my body's gender would be closer to my preferred gender, I'm not keen on having the body of an infant and being limited in what I can do. I can sew and tailor and have dolls that I could share clothes with so the adult proportions but smaller over all size wouldn't really be an issue. I'm alone a lot so the lack of limitations would work out better than option one where I'd have to have constant attention. Just shrinking has other non-abdl applications too. It'd be better to cosplay elves and fairies and other small creatures. There's the benefit of being able to fit into small spaces. There's also the potential for being a real life super hero or at least getting famous like those people out there with awesome abilities like the guy that can conduct electricity or the girl that wrote an entire essay on the back of a postage stamp.

Considering option 2 doesn't have instant death attached, I'll have to go with option 2.

If it wasn't for the instant death this would be a harder choice honestly

I wonder if other fringe communities have a similar penchant for these kinds of wacky fantasy choices? They probably do but I haven't delved far enough in any others to see.

I'd take the lame super power of the second option. I don't know that it would get that much use but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Definitely the first. Absolutely zero downside to that for me. I'm genderfluid anyway, so the idea of being a little girl in body (or a girl of any age) makes me want to go on a quest to find this genie right now.

Screw it, I'm getting the safari hat.

First of all, I would get to know the genie a bit more before coming up with my answer. You know, becoming their friend and sincerely finding out more about who they are. What they like to do and how it came about that they became a Genie in the first place. I would also make sure they have access to the flying carpet in case they needed transportation to the store to restock their supplies within the lamp. Asking them if there were any needs they were lacking, and then helping to accommodate their receiving of those items. For unless you are naive, you should realize that Genies only get to come out of their lamps on average 1.23 times per year!!! That is incredible and hard to comprehend. Can you imagine this? Even most inmates in prison get to come out of their cells daily to interact with others. But Genies? Come on, you have to acknowledge this is unacceptable. I don't care what your background is, if you seek within your heart, you most certainly will agree this just isn't right!!!

After this, then I would then figure out how I can help genie accomplish what she/he wanted to be. Genies are all to often having to serve others and never having anyone think of their own needs or desires. Perhaps the genie wanted this opportunity as well, but was forced to just offer it to others. So, if so, what is it that I could offer Genie to help her/him fulfill their fantasies?

Then I would help Genie with whatever it was that they wanted to become, and help them to experience the thrill of having a wish fulfilled.

In modern times, slavery is considered an evil practice and humanity seems much more in opposition to this than a few generations ago. But yet I find it ironic no one seems to even consider the slavery of the Genie who is being forced to give you whatever you wish in this occasion. According to the 2017 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average compensation for Genies was well below the poverty level, with housing insufficient to even meet minimal standards. Most lamp housing provided had limited access to safe drinking water sources and dangerous levels of lead and carcinogenic petroleum products within the oil levels of the lamp. In addition, the governmental office of community and family services found that Genies were deprived of any gender relationships as they were forced into solitary isolation within the lamp itself. Only allowed respite when upon occasion the master rubbed the lamp and released the Genie for a few moments of discussion and then decision regarding the requisite slave performance of providing the master of the Genie lamp's request.

Sooo... let's all stop thinking of ourselves and what the Genie can offer us to fulfill our fantasies. This is morally wrong and the upmost corruption of requiring another to provide at our beckon and call whatever our individual fantasies may be.

The next time the lamp is rubbed and the Genie appears, how about we offer to her/him the gift of their wishes when asked to fulfill the wish of what is our own? Perhaps foregoing our own fantasies and giving the ability for our wishes to be fulfilled back to the Genie. Allowing them to no longer be in servitude, but rather the master of their own destiny. Believing in the concepts brought forth by one of the key founders of this country, Abraham Lincoln, when it his address to the citizens and public at Gettysburg, stated that "All men (and women) are created equal" , inference to gender neutrality provided as it is obviously part of what was meant. --oftentimes the statement of man or mankind is gender neutral and referring to the greater humankind population, but simply the manner of grammar at that time.

So, if believing that all humankind are created equal, should not Genies be granted this same protection and consideration? I hope we all reflect on this and no longer exist in the false perception that Genies are simply here to serve us and grant us our wishes.

If I met this Genie in the circumstances that the OP suggested, I would certainly not request that he or she give me what I wanted and fulfill my own desires, but I would give to her/him the option of release of the slavery he/she was in and forego my own fulfillment of wishes.

I would hope that as a community we might all seek out helping others, especially Genies, to be free and have the same protected rights that all of us as citizens otherwise have.

Last edited:
TeddyBearCowboy said:
First of all, I would get to know the genie a bit more before coming up with my answer. You know, becoming their friend and sincerely finding out more about who they are. What they like to do and how it came about that they became a Genie in the first place. I would also make sure they have access to the flying carpet in case they needed transportation to the store to restock their supplies within the lamp. Asking them if there were any needs they were lacking, and then helping to accommodate their receiving of those items. For unless you are naive, you should realize that Genies only get to come out of their lamps on average 1.23 times per year!!! That is incredible and hard to comprehend. Can you imagine this? Even most inmates in prison get to come out of their cells daily to interact with others. But Genies? Come on, you have to acknowledge this is unacceptable. I don't care what your background is, if you seek within your heart, you most certainly will agree this just isn't right!!!

After this, then I would then figure out how I can help genie accomplish what she/he wanted to be. Genies are all to often having to serve others and never having anyone think of their own needs or desires. Perhaps the genie wanted this opportunity as well, but was forced to just offer it to others. So, if so, what is it that I could offer Genie to help her/him fulfill their fantasies?

Then I would help Genie with whatever it was that they wanted to become, and help them to experience the thrill of having a wish fulfilled.

In modern times, slavery is considered an evil practice and humanity seems much more in opposition to this than a few generations ago. But yet I find it ironic no one seems to even consider the slavery of the Genie who is being forced to give you whatever you wish in this occasion. According to the 2017 U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average compensation for Genies was well below the poverty level, with housing insufficient to even meet minimal standards. Most lamp housing provided had limited access to safe drinking water sources and dangerous levels of lead and carcinogenic petroleum products within the oil levels of the lamp. In addition, the governmental office of community and family services found that Genies were deprived of any gender relationships as they were forced into solitary isolation within the lamp itself. Only allowed respite when upon occasion the master rubbed the lamp and released the Genie for a few moments of discussion and then decision regarding the requisite slave performance of providing the master of the Genie lamp's request.

Sooo... let's all stop thinking of ourselves and what the Genie can offer us to fulfill our fantasies. This is morally wrong and the upmost corruption of requiring another to provide at our beckon and call whatever our individual fantasies may be.

The next time the lamp is rubbed and the Genie appears, how about we offer to her/him the gift of their wishes when asked to fulfill the wish of what is our own? Perhaps foregoing our own fantasies and giving the ability for our wishes to be fulfilled back to the Genie. Allowing them to no longer be in servitude, but rather the master of their own destiny. Believing in the concepts brought forth by one of the key founders of this country, Abraham Lincoln, when it his address to the citizens and public at Gettysburg, stated that "All men (and women) are created equal" , inference to gender neutrality provided as it is obviously part of what was meant. --oftentimes the statement of man or mankind is gender neutral and referring to the greater humankind population, but simply the manner of grammar at that time.

So, if believing that all humankind are created equal, should not Genies be granted this same protection and consideration? I hope we all reflect on this and no longer exist in the false perception that Genies are simply here to serve us and grant us our wishes.

If I met this Genie in the circumstances that the OP suggested, I would certainly not request that he or she give me what I wanted and fulfill my own desires, but I would give to her/him the option of release of the slavery he/she was in and forego my own fulfillment of wishes.

I would hope that as a community we might all seek out helping others, especially Genies, to be free and have the same protected rights that all of us as citizens otherwise have.

If a jinn needs an advocate, I think you just put yourself on the short list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back