Not open for further replies.

LimeBloodedNoir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other

I am a biological girl, but I am not incontinence.
What on earth do you guys do on your period???
Do you have on a pad or tampon underneath?
How long does it take to clean up all that blood and stool???
Does it clog up sap with blood, making the diaper not work as well???
Id love to know more. Please tell me how in the world it all works!
I just got on my period so. No diapers for me for a while. :(

tumblr_p76phlk7Rx1x4vvq7o2_1280.jpg

I have always just worn. Since I don't mess I don't have poo to deal with. I've never noticed if it makes the diaper not work right...I would guess that it does take up some of the absorbency but not enough to make it totally unusable.

As for cleaning...it's not much worse than with a pad. You're just better protected from leakage. That being said...I tend to swap to cheaper padding while that's going on...I tend to change more often because it starts getting yucky.

I end up switching to underwear and pads. I have way too much to deal with to deal with cloth getting icky.

I'm only urinary incontinent, so I'm not worried about messy diapers. Despite the fact that I own a few cloth diapers, when on my period I only wear disposables (just because I'd rather not stain the cloth ones). I figure if the diaper is good enough to absorb urine, it's just as able to absorb any other liquid, and don't bother with any extra level of protection. I haven't noticed any difference in absobency or anything. I may use an extra wipe or two to clean up, and I'm much much much more careful when changing so my period flow stays within the old or the new diaper and not anywhere else. Those are the only two allowances I make while on my period, though.

Oh, yeah, I don't wear cloth because I don't want them to look like they were used to clear up a vampire buffet. XD

I wear tampons with diapers.

I am only urinary IC so no messes here. I use a tampon under. I like things tidy and have enough to deal with during that time.

I understand this is a female subject, but I have adult women friends with Cerebral Palsy who are in diapers 24/7.
They have told me, that they just menstruate into their diapers, and let the diaper absorb the mess of their monthly period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back