Diaper rash cream instead powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthedark

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I just started 24/7. When in public I usually only bring wipes, and I don't bring powder because its harder to use in public bathroom. So I was wondering, if using cream is enough without powder?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

inthedark said:
So, I just started 24/7. When in public I usually only bring wipes, and I don't bring powder because its harder to use in public bathroom. So I was wondering, if using cream is enough without powder?

It should be fine if you're just out and about for not too long, powder does play a part in keeping things comfortable.

I always try to have and use powder but in a pinch you'll be fine with just cream.
Powder just keeps things a little cooler/dryer down there for a little while, keeps the creams from fouling the standing leak guard elastics(M4 issue), keeps the diaper from sticking to your butt/bits and reduces chafing around and legs(and bum if you shave).

And if you don't want to bring a large bottle of powder, they have smaller almost travel sized ones available. Just a quick puff down the front and back once changed into the diaper is how I've done powder in a pinch :p

Good luck, stay clean, be courteous about it and have fun in your 24/7 adventures :thumbsup:

I use the small "sample" / "travel" size bottles for my talc, to keep it more portable

The biggest problem I have with using powder on-the-go is it shows up really strongly on dark colored clothes if you spill, which is easy to do while changing in a restricted space. (bathroom stall)

It also seems to transfer really easy from your hands to your clothes.

But it disappears quickly if you rub it and spread it out.

I typically only use rash cream or powder when I'm at home. For when I'm out during the day I don't even bother with them. You really only need a new diaper, and that's it. Unless of course you're currently fighting a rash that is.

I only use creme/ointment if I have a diaper rash. Other times I always use powder--at every change. It works great for me with cloth or disposables.

Just so as you might have a viable excuse for spilled powder:

I actually keep a bottle in my work locker for summertime. I lend it to anyone who wants it. And we all wear black pants. Someone saw powder on my pants one day and said "What is that?!" I said "Oh crap, it's my drugs. !!! MAH DRUGS!" We both laughed and I said "It's just powder. I was sweating." And they asked to borrow some. XD So 'normal' people DO use powder, even baby powder, for non-diaper related situations.

Jonnythepony said:
It should be fine if you're just out and about for not too long, powder does play a part in keeping things comfortable.

I always try to have and use powder but in a pinch you'll be fine with just cream.
Powder just keeps things a little cooler/dryer down there for a little while, keeps the creams from fouling the standing leak guard elastics(M4 issue), keeps the diaper from sticking to your butt/bits and reduces chafing around and legs(and bum if you shave).

And if you don't want to bring a large bottle of powder, they have smaller almost travel sized ones available. Just a quick puff down the front and back once changed into the diaper is how I've done powder in a pinch :p

Good luck, stay clean, be courteous about it and have fun in your 24/7 adventures [emoji106]

If you said that then I've been using too much powder all this time.. So do you use the diaper first and then give some powder? or the opposites?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

inthedark said:
If you said that then I've been using too much powder all this time.. So do you use the diaper first and then give some powder? or the opposites?
It's only too much powder if its caking and gobbing up the diaper, or you make big powder clouds when you sit >u<

I'm also having a little difficulty understanding the question. "Do I use the diaper first and then give some powder?"

In a slightly damp diaper, it should help feel very slightly dryer.
If you're suggesting applying powder to an already soaked diaper, then there isn't much reason for powder and you should just change into fresh padding :p

But, if you're in a rush and/or low on space where you're changing, just a quick puff down the front and back is easier when you have the whole thing taped on.
Puffing some in the middle before taping the top tapes up(it's only taped at the legs and you're standing) makes it easier to get better powder coverage.

When I'm at home I take my time and usually do the change laying down.
I put a bit of powder on the brief first, then when I'm laying on it I apply more around my area.
Just make sure you avoid getting powder everywhere cause it easily can, then it'll mess up your tape job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back