Trying the Tykables Galactic

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkjo

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just arrived today, and the packaging is similar to the Overnights and Little Builders that I've tried before. It has a "Playtime Checklist" on the side (same as Little Builders).

The Tykables Galactic is advertised to be the same as the Overnights, with 5500ml advertised capacity, but with different print. However, the outer plastic shell feels slightly different compared to the Overnights.

It also costs the same as Overnights (£17.95) for a pack of 10.
Has anyone here tried this diaper?

I currently have some of the galactic and I really like them, actually i bought a 10 pack from diaper depot in atlanta and I liked them so much I went back and bought a case. Probably the most usable absorbency i have ever seen in an adult diaper also they are quite durable so they are not falling apart when only half full like some others, I have worn one for 15 hours and other than being wet it was in as good of shape as when i put it on, I have yet to have one leak but i got pretty close the other day I had worn one to bed and got up after about 7 hours and there wasnt a dry patch in that diaper. I would say for the $165 i paid for 80 of them they provide sufficient bang for your buck so to say!

NeverKnow said:
I've been trying these out but they always leak on me. I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or whether I just don't have the right body type. I have a lot of trouble getting a snug seal around the legs. By the time the bottom of the diaper is saturated, and I've wet about 1/3-1/2 of the way up the back/front, the leg gathers are soaked and I have leaks when I sit.

Being a higher sap diaper, don't forget to fold in a channel in the middle, and avoid taping them so they pull strongly up and collapse the channel.

Update : I can confirm it has the same capacity as the Overnights.

darkjo said:
Update : I can confirm it has the same capacity as the Overnights.

+1 I can also confirm that
also their sizes are on larger side

I have tried the Snuggies they were great , The Galactic sound good , only issues is its $32CND plus shipping .

I absolutely love Tykables Galactic diapers, great fit and great absorbent. I wore one time for whiling I slept. My diaper are bit full of wet into capacity, and I been diaper for 9 to 16 hours or until fully. Tykables Galactic or overnight are better than Tena slip or ABUniverse don’t have to worry about leaking between my legs or stomach lie down in my bed.

I bought Overnights and Galactic at the same time, so I have them both here to compare. There is a size difference between them. The Galactic are noticeably thinner than the Overnights, but are still pleasantly thick. I've used 2 bags of each, and the capacity seems to be the same.

NeverKnow said:
They're supposed to be the same with a different print. Are you sure you didn't leave the Overnights out with more time to fluff up or anything? (Compare the unopened packages. They should be the same size, weight.)

I'm sure. the Galactic package is physically smaller, and the opened diapers don't puff up to the same size for me. They feel a bit thinner, too. (still really thick)
The capacity seems identical. If I get some time, and remember, I'll open a stack of each and leave them for a week, then measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back