reminder to use caution with Wellnessbriefs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
waaay back in 2015 I tried to unsubscribe from their mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe link. (the email was legitimately sent from them) The unsubscribe link however was not working, it said it was just an email distribution setup test link. I received no response when I tried to email them to let them know of the problem.

Interestingly, today (over three years later!) I received a reply to that email, with my whole original message quoted, simply telling me to 'look at the attachment'. Which of course is a virus in a word document. (it claims its from [email protected], but is routed from/throughrsapps.net,, [email protected], and host.creativedg.com despite claiming to be from wellnessbriefs.com)

They also sent another copy of the virus shortly thereafter, attached to the end of the invoice from my order placed in 2014!

Idiots. Can you say "hacked six ways from Tuesday?"

Just got one from 2015. An old invoice for 2 samples

Hmmm... I've got nothing from them yet, but thanks for the heads up. With the unsubscribe thing not working, as well as the virus sent much later, that just screams ill intent to me.

I'll probably be avoiding them in the long run.

I don’t think it’s as much likely that Wellness all of the sudden decided to turn rogue and use their old invoices to con people out of ill intent. Much more likely that they got hacked, and all the hackers got was old invoices (if it was credit card data, they wouldn’t have bothered with this effort - they’d have just sold/used it).

I also received one of these emails from Wellness today. It appeared to be a response to a free superio sample I requested. As bambinod pointed out, it was a word document that contained a virus. Deleted!

bambinod said:
waaay back in 2015 I tried to unsubscribe from their mailing list by clicking the unsubscribe link. (the email was legitimately sent from them) The unsubscribe link however was not working, it said it was just an email distribution setup test link. I received no response when I tried to email them to let them know of the problem.

Interestingly, today (over three years later!) I received a reply to that email, with my whole original message quoted, simply telling me to 'look at the attachment'. Which of course is a virus in a word document. (it claims its from [email protected], but is routed from/throughrsapps.net,, [email protected], and host.creativedg.com despite claiming to be from wellnessbriefs.com)

They also sent another copy of the virus shortly thereafter, attached to the end of the invoice from my order placed in 2014!

Idiots. Can you say "hacked six ways from Tuesday?"

Thanks for the heads up! Had an email from an old order waiting for me... Though I wouldn't have opened the attachment anyways.

I wonder if they know they have been hacked.

I got on at 6:00 am est

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I ended up with one from 2014, with a PDF attachment (which I didn't open). I forwarded the email to [email protected]. I think the hackers are trying to target paypal or credit card accounts with the attachment. I'm not surprised that these douche bags would stoop that low.

Yep! I just got an email reply this morning from an email back in 2014. It had a word document that said "sample request form" Needless to say, I didn't open the attachment

Same story.
They have been hacked, I´d bet on it.

I got normal sale emails from them thank goodness. I do however have to be careful as I get emails with attachments from people I know that have been hacked. Between hacking and telemarketing calls, makes me want to dump the cell phone lol

Maybe someone should call them and let them know their email is hacked.

Also got one from Wellness and HDIS from back in 2014. Fortunate for me is i don't have a program to open up the files.

me too from 2011! checked properties and the real return address was something strange. [email protected] Also got a legit sale email from them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back