Status
Not open for further replies.

Jello

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone. I have a three questions

Do you mess your diaper at night, if so is it voluntarily or involuntarily?

Also since I have no control over my bowel, if I wake up in the middle of the night messy do I change before hopping back into bed? I realise this depends (pun intended) on how much sleep I have left, so how long can I stay overnight in a messy diaper? And I mean really messy, cause I have no control.

Thanks in advance
Jello

I wear and use diapers intentionally. I'm not incontinent etc. I choose to wear a diaper to bed usually about 3-4 nights a week. And at least once a week during one of those nights I'm going to end up messing them. I never really change my diaper until at least morning. But if I find myself not being able to get to sleep properly for any reason including how messy the diaper is. I usually just stay awake and get out of bed to take off my diaper. But I still need at least five hours of sleep. I usually sleep for six to nine hours even with a wet or messed diaper.

Sometimes I soil right as I'm heading to bed so I have stayed in soiled diaper all night. Like your probably basing your question on it's a known issue that if your in a poopy diaper it can cause some health issues as the mess starts to break down skin possibly etc? Sure I have had small rashes or itch skin in rare occasions usually more from urine. It's fine in less than 24 hours later. However if I ever need to I can stop or take a break. If it's everyday and not a choice. I know your not supposed to leave babies in soiled diapers for long at all. But adults do have stronger skin. But I'm also worried that one day I may cause myself to have a bigger problem. But I don't soil every night. And I don't always end up in the soiled diaper for to long. If I mess only a couple hours before getting out of bed than I'm not in the mess all night long.

So my skin has two to five days time to recover before I'm likely sleeping in a soiled diaper again. That said I don't know how long it's safe to stay in a soiled diaper. I could be lucky or maybe the risk is very minimal. But I do know that nothing has happened to me even with seven to nine hours in a soiled diaper. Probably had that happen to me at least ten times. And when I do mess most of the time it is very messy just like you. I also lay on my belly when I sleep so that's usually how/when I mess. I'm going to follow this for more answers as this is a concern of mine as well.

One more thing I don't really use any other products like powder or anything like that? I actually know little about changing real diapers etc. I know there are things your supposed to use along with diapers to prevent rashes etc. I don't know what baby powder is for besides it takes away moister I think? I don't know if that's just for babies or for adult diapers as well. I never bothered because it's very rare that I have any issues. And if I ever do I will just stop or reduce my use.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I mess, it is voluntary.

I would change if I messed before or just after going to bed. If I mess later, I don't change.

BUT...I have fairly 'thick' skin and normally do not get skin problems (I am also continent and do not wear 24/7). And I can sleep anywhere and anytime. So...if the messy diaper is keeping you form sleeping or you have sensitive skin, you may want to change right away. Otherwise just wait till morning.

When I mess, it is voluntary as well.

That being said, I don't often find myself having to go late in the evening. There was one instance, when I was sick with the flu, that I had a messy accident. I was so delirious and groggy that I didn't get up and change... big mistake! because it left me with a rather bad case of diaper rash. This is one of the few times where I have had an involuntary accident.

I would say that if you are awake and aware when you mess then you should change immediately, you will likely get a rash if you wait until morning. Of course, if you are completely zonked out and it happens, then you'll have to wait to change. Perhaps you could double down on some barrier cream, powder or zinc cream when you diaper up before bed, that could keep you protected and prevent irritation if you go overnight.

Well, I live with family still so I don't get to mess often at all.. But when I do mess, it's 100% voluntary. I've never had the opportunity to mess at night, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back