Thread: Diagnosed gluten intolerant

Default Diagnosed gluten intolerant

Well after months of rapid weight loss and yo-yo upset bowels , blood tests , stool samples , etc
    I got a firm result from Doctor that Iím very strong coeliac sufferer so now the diet change begins and my mind can be put at rest that itís not the big B C
    Just sad that cakes pastries and bread are off the menu

Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    Well after months of rapid weight loss and yo-yo upset bowels , blood tests , stool samples , etc
    I got a firm result from Doctor that I’m very strong coeliac sufferer so now the diet change begins and my mind can be put at rest that it’s not the big B C
    Just sad that cakes pastries and bread are off the menu
    On the bright side, there are some pretty damn good beers that are gluten free. If you're into that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    On the bright side, there are some pretty damn good beers that are gluten free. If you're into that sort of thing.
    I don’t like beer also I drive a semi 44t truck 5 days a week

Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    I don’t like beer also I drive a semi 44t truck 5 days a week
    Well in that case, I guess not liking beer = good.

Now's the time to learn how to bake all those delicious gluten-free cake recipes! Seriously, there's a lot out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwanensee View Post
    Now's the time to learn how to bake all those delicious gluten-free cake recipes! Seriously, there's a lot out there.
    Yep , I’m going to be busy this weekend as it’s a holiday day on Monday as well

As a person who has been doing this about half a year now, watch out, gluten hides in the funniest of places. I have gotten glutened by nesquick powder, bleu cheese (they use wheat enzymes and rye bread in the “molding” process,) certain chocolates (barely malt powder is a common ingredient in some candy),soy sauce (contains wheat), and more. Cross contamination is a sneaky one too, make sure if other people in your family are still eating gluten you don’t use the same cookware or utensils

- - - Updated - - -

As a person who has been doing this about half a year now, watch out, gluten hides in the funniest of places. I have gotten glutened by nesquick powder, bleu cheese (they use wheat enzymes and rye bread in the ďmoldingĒ process,) certain chocolates (barely malt powder is a common ingredient in some candy),soy sauce (contains wheat), and more. Cross contamination is a sneaky one too, make sure if other people in your family are still eating gluten you donít use the same cookware or utensils

I actually have a relative who can't eat gluten. And growing up he just couldn't eat much of anything. Now they've got all this choice for gluten free, but a lot of people are afraid to get too dependent on it because once the 'fad' goes away they're afraid the companies will stop making items.