Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Last night, flew down the coast. About 30 minutes from "home," at 4500', had that overwhelming urge hit and ... small mess followed by an urgent dash to the bathroom as soon as we landed. I had a passenger, and there may have been a spot visible through my jeans. :(

Tonight, at least it happened after I landed, buttoning everything up and it hit, fast and hard, I could have had a bathroom in the hangar and it wouldn't have been close enough. :(

Accident after accident; I've always had them going back to grade school, but never like this. Always infrequent and far between.

What's the status of pull-ups these days? Are there any that would contain a less-than-full-capacity blowout? As much as I don't want to have to rely on protection, I'm thinking I may have to ... :(

Pull ups leak plus with blow outs a diaper works better and easier to get off to change .
Plus pul or plastic pants help control leaks better I like pul covers best let air in less sweaty.
See Dr might be irritable bowel syndrome.

I have to agree it might be a good idea to take a trip to the docs. I have IBS - D and later added all the rest (see my sig ) & when i had to start 24 /7 it was like you have now im afraid more or less every day & gotten worse and worse just like in youre case it seems

Reg the diapers i would strongly suggest you start wearing them 24 /7 and as Foxkits says pull ups aren't for us with nr 2 problems for us it's strictly Heavy duty diapers & added Pul pants im afraid & in my case i can get "acidents" whenever however (ether nr 1 or nr 2 or both ) anytime 24 /7

one time flight delayed two hours after we were in the plane with bathroom doors locked and i just drank a huge 32 ounce coffee. Fortunately i was diapered or it would have been a real accident

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Last night, flew down the coast. About 30 minutes from "home," at 4500', had that overwhelming urge hit and ... small mess followed by an urgent dash to the bathroom as soon as we landed. I had a passenger, and there may have been a spot visible through my jeans. :(

Tonight, at least it happened after I landed, buttoning everything up and it hit, fast and hard, I could have had a bathroom in the hangar and it wouldn't have been close enough. :(

Accident after accident; I've always had them going back to grade school, but never like this. Always infrequent and far between.

What's the status of pull-ups these days? Are there any that would contain a less-than-full-capacity blowout? As much as I don't want to have to rely on protection, I'm thinking I may have to ... :(

First of all - you have been to a doc with this? If not, you really must!
Since it happens rarely maybe it can be threated quite well.

As for the protection - no pant IĀ“ve ever tested can deal with a "full blow out" in a way you can rely on it not to leak. I do not know if you mean bladder or bowel with this, but it doesnĀ“t matter here. They are better suited if you loose a bit once in a while or constantly loose droplets.
If you loose much you need the heavy calibers. So there is no way around a diaper with tapes if that is the issue. But I understand that you donĀ“t want to wear them all the time if it happens just once in a few month. So again get treatment for this.
I waited with my IC until it happened at daytimes because of this ridicioulus embarrasssment s**t. I would bet it might have not gone that bad if I went to the doc a few years earlier. If I could time-travel I would punch myself to go see the doc. Sometimes I still get mad at me because of this... spare yourself this fate.

Cheers

I agree with everyone for fecal issues pull ups offer as much protection as tighty whiteys , you want a pocket and standing leakguards to contain and control until you can change ,for bladder only pull ups have a place in some peoples repotoire (not in mine ,i hate pullups and i despise the fact,that you cant go into a store and buy a decent diaper these days , its insult to injury).

Stick to diapers and plastic pants they are most effective for control of mess and odor .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It's not IBS; there are none of the other symptoms and the timing is wrong (hours after a meal). (Family members are doctors and I've discussed / been checked out. Remember, this has been happening since grade school!) It's hard to describe. I won't have any feeling of needing to go. I'll sit on the toilet and try, just in case, and nada, no matter how much I bear down. Then, without warning, I'll have a sudden huge urge to go. If I can get to a toilet immediately, crisis (98% of the time) averted. But most likely, even as I try to hold in, at least something will end up in my underwear. :(

No pull-ups have standing leak guards? This isn't a full on fecal accident. I usually have some control. (Sometimes - but not always; maybe 1 out of 20? - it's diarrhea and more of a mess (but still usually not, again, a complete exacuation). But it's 99% of the time something I think a good pull-up could handle.

I'm not ready to wear a Better Dry 24/7, especially when 99.9% of the time I don't need that level of protection ... and it's awkward AF trying to use the bathroom "around" a diaper (I've never been able to successfully retape or lower and put back on; I've always found I have to be taped too snugly for that to work.)

I know there are some new entrants (NorthShore), just looking for a compromise solution...

I was just going to suggest that. I have heard good thinks about Northshore pull ups , give them a ring or shoot them an email they will send you samples .
WildBlueCrinkle said:
It's not IBS; there are none of the other symptoms and the timing is wrong (hours after a meal). (Family members are doctors and I've discussed / been checked out. Remember, this has been happening since grade school!) It's hard to describe. I won't have any feeling of needing to go. I'll sit on the toilet and try, just in case, and nada, no matter how much I bear down. Then, without warning, I'll have a sudden huge urge to go. If I can get to a toilet immediately, crisis (98% of the time) averted. But most likely, even as I try to hold in, at least something will end up in my underwear. :(

No pull-ups have standing leak guards? This isn't a full on fecal accident. I usually have some control. (Sometimes - but not always; maybe 1 out of 20? - it's diarrhea and more of a mess (but still usually not, again, a complete exacuation). But it's 99% of the time something I think a good pull-up could handle.

I'm not ready to wear a Better Dry 24/7, especially when 99.9% of the time I don't need that level of protection ... and it's awkward AF trying to use the bathroom "around" a diaper (I've never been able to successfully retape or lower and put back on; I've always found I have to be taped too snugly for that to work.)

I know there are some new entrants (NorthShore), just looking for a compromise solution...

Have to admit i had my doubts as well about it being IBS as it sounds more like for me Fecal Ic (what youre describing is similar to my Fecal Ic im afraid and my Fecal progressed (very rapidly i have to say ) from IBS - D to Fecal and added urine rapidly progress to severe from mild to Moderate in under a year from actually being able to only wear on special situations (ie longer trips to the grocery store etc... ) for me things progressed with lightning speed after i fought with it fore many years & that's why i suggested 24 /7 already as you DONT know when or if the next period will come (for me im periodical i have my calm periods and then full blow on both ends sometimes less sometimes more) the problem for me is i DONT get a heads up and i don't know when sed period is on again hence im 24 /7

Oh and i got my IBS -D diagnose when i was in my 20 `s so LONG time in between for me as well

WildBlueCrinkle said:
Do those have enough coverage (leak guards etc) to be workable? Reason I mentioned BetterDry is those leak guards are deep...

Yeah, the deepest iĀ“ve ever seen. ^^

Yes they do have guards! They come with all features of modern tape-diapers in terms of security! Well, if they do not sell a toned down garbage version on your marked. But I highly doubt that.
The difference is the lack of wings. They look more like pad with a bit extra outlining. The rear features the two components of the belt. Just unfold it and put it behind you, then take one part of the belt in each hand and close it in the front as you see fit. Grab the front and pull it up through the legs, make everything comfortable and check the guards/barriers. Finally attach the front to the belt - there are two hook&loop pads on each side of the front wich can be placed freely anywhere on the belt for the right fit.

Because I canĀ“t currently post links or pictures *rolleyes* you do not see the back of the Flex-Bag with the simple 5 step pictures that visualize what i explained 20 times better.
IĀ“m sure you find it yourself.

In my opinion the best professional product on the marked for daytime care.
Wanna use the toilet? Quickly zip down the front, back through your legs, wrap it around one side of your waist and reattach. That way the diaper wonĀ“t ever touch the floor or toilet(wich I find disgusting). Another advantage is that they have very good air circulation - great skin comfort. Also super convenient to put on while standing. I would even go so far and say that standing is the best way to put them on.

They are so good!
But none of the stupid german health insurances will pay them without fee. ItĀ“s totally insane! On a regular day where IĀ“m at home or work I could make it through the day with ONE Tena-Flex maxi. But no, they rather pay for 2-4(worst cases, 2 is more or less common by now) other diapers. What an insane waste - and loss of life-quality for me. Bureaucratic madness!

Eh, sorry for rant - just try them. They are very good from my experiance.
This means Tena-Flex and ID Expert Belt. The Attends Adjustable is a bit different as it is an offshot between a tape/belt diaper. The fit is totally different with all 3 products but I think the Tena might be the right one for you since it covers more of the butt.

Cheers

Last edited:
LifeInPlastic said:
Oh! What about these Belted-Diapers like Tena Flex? ID and Attends have also a belted product. These are actually made for multiple open/close cycles and are pretty comfortable! They are a perfect compromise between pull-ups and tape-diapers. Comfortable but way more secure. Ever tried those? I wish I would get them from health insurance...

Do those have enough coverage (leak guards etc) to be workable? Reason I mentioned BetterDry is those leak guards are deep...

You may try one of the new thinner Tykables products (either the ā€œLittle Buildersā€ or the ā€œWaddlerā€.) Unfortunately they donā€™t come in all white if itā€™s a problem, but they have velcro tabs, which would be very easy to work around in the event you need to get around the diaper. Whatā€™s nice about them is that they have very good leak guards and contain a mess nicely.

rtt said:
You may try one of the new thinner Tykables products (either the ā€œLittle Buildersā€ or the ā€œWaddlerā€.) Unfortunately they donā€™t come in all white if itā€™s a problem, but they have velcro tabs, which would be very easy to work around in the event you need to get around the diaper. Whatā€™s nice about them is that they have very good leak guards and contain a mess nicely.

That's a thought. Not sure I want to deal with juvenile prints when out living my life. (At home, sure, whatever.)

WildBlueCrinkle said:

Yeah, the deepest iĀ“ve ever seen. ^^

Yes they do have guards! They come with all features of modern tape-diapers in terms of security! Well, if they do not sell a toned down garbage version on your marked. But I highly doubt that.
The difference is the lack of wings. They look more like pad with a bit extra outlining. The rear features the two components of the belt. Just unfold it and put it behind you, then take one part of the belt in each hand and close it in the front as you see fit. Grab the front and pullt it up through the legs, make everything comfortable and check the guards/barriers. Finally attach the front to the belt there are to hook&loop pads on each side of the front wich can be placed freely anywhere on the belt for the right fit.

Here is a picture from the back of the Tena-Flex:
ApzWzS2zFcvH2cDxEFIVka-30.jpg

In my opinion the best professional product on the marked for daytime care.
Wanna use the toilet? Quickly zip down the front, back through your legs, wrap it around one side of your waist and reattach. That way the diaper wonĀ“t ever touch the floor or toilet(wich I find disgusting). Another advantage is that they have very good air circulation - great skin comfort.

They are so good!
But none of the stupid german health insurances will pay them without fee. ItĀ“s totally insane! On a regular day where IĀ“m at home or work I could make it through the day with ONE Tena-Flex maxi. But no, they rather pay for 2-4(worst cases, 2 is more or less common by now) other diapers. What an insane waste - and loss of life-quality for me. Bureaucratic madness!

Eh, sorry for rant - just try them. They are very good from my experiance.
This means Attends-Flex, Tena-Flex and ID Expert Belt. The Attends Adjustable is a bit different as it is an offshot between a tape/belt diaper. The fit is totally different and I think the Tena might be the right one for you since it covers more of the butt.

Cheers

Last edited:
WildBlueCrinkle said:
and it's awkward AF trying to use the bathroom "around" a diaper (I've never been able to successfully retape or lower and put back on; I've always found I have to be taped too snugly for that to work.)
While they're more expensive, I really like the Bambino Bianco Ultra Stretch diapers for being able to untape and retape as needed (and even adjust during the day). The velcro-y tabs work great for that.

LifeInPlastic said:
If it is "only" needed for containing feces and no urin, the absorbency is irrelevant. Since almost nothing is absorbed at all, even when it is basically liquid. Then again you said it is, in most cases, only a rather minor accident. So BetterDry/24 and all other heavy stuff is useless in this case. A thin product would do the trick as well.

Actually with all due respect you still do need a fairly good absorption for Fecal as well. You'd be surprised how much liquid that can come along with the ord loose stuff. This sed i agree with try with the lighter ones suggested just make shore it does contain some fluid tho

Missy1 said:
Actually with all due respect you still do need a fairly good absorption for Fecal as well. You'd be surprised how much liquid that can come along with the ord loose stuff. This sed i agree with try with the lighter ones suggested just make shore it does contain some fluid tho

Well you are the expert in that matter, I agree.
I only suffer from messy accidents when IĀ“m hit by a sickness that involves diarrhea(like a stomach-flu). This is happening since I can remember(but glady occours seldom). And an occasional diarrhea fades to nothing compared to your symptoms.

Sure a bit is absorbed(especially if you did not wake up), but comparing the absorbed diarrhea with absorbed urine - itĀ“s a bad joke(from what happened to me). Unzipping the diaper I often found there was a pool of... mess... that looked very liquid(almost like water) but was just "swimming" atop the padding instead of sinking into it.

But the Tena is available from plus to maxi. And the plus will do just fine since the has smaller soilings, what do you say, Missy?

So I asked NorthShore about pull-ups, FYI...

WBC: Between the GoSupreme and the FlexSupreme (or something else?) what would you recommend for sporadic light bowel IC accidents?
Ashley: I would recommend the NorthShore GoSupreme pull on
WBC: Out of curiousity, why? The Flex specifically mention: "Extra-Tall Leak Guards Maintain a secure fit at leg openings even for bowel incontinence"
WBC: The GoSupreme description simply says: "Dual Leak Guards Help prevent leaks near the leg openings."
Ashley: The Gosupreme has smaller leg openings and has a longer and wider core than the FlexSupreme

Never mentioned the Tena Flex...?

Last edited:
LifeInPlastic said:
Well you are the expert in that matter, I agree.
I only suffer from messy accidents when IĀ“m hit by a sickness that involves diarrhea(like a stomach-flu). This is happening since I can remember(but glady occours seldom). And an occasional diarrhea fades to nothing compared to your symptoms.

Sure a bit is absorbed(especially if you did not wake up), but comparing the absorbed diarrhea with absorbed urine - itĀ“s a bad joke(from what happened to me). Unzipping the diaper I often found there was a pool of... mess... that looked very liquid(almost like water) but was just "swimming" atop the padding instead of sinking into it.

But the Tena is available from plus to maxi. And the plus will do just fine since the has smaller soilings, what do you say, Missy?

Well i wouldn't call me a expert but i do get quite amount of liquid as well with my Bm`s. that's besides the urinary on top of that. Anyway what i use is actually from germany Molicare super + M and i can honestly say i haven't had ONE leek so far with them (and added extra padding + Puk pants ) (incl BIG loads )

I have to say it sound interesting HOWEVER ALL i have red about this particular subject (ie diapers for fecal is NO pullups they WILL leek. Now again this is probably before this new ones came on the market so id say shore give it try.

One thing i would like to point out tho based on my own progression is sed amount MAY and probably sadly will increase in volume as is the risk of added development of Urine IC without any notice. Now this may take some time or even don't occur but again from what i have learnt its a high possibility that it will sooner or later as the diagnose progress . This is why i chose to go directly on the heavy stuff so i know im safe IF /when things get worse .

the problems with taped and getting them down and up again i would have to say after a while you `l get used to it and manage to carefully remove them for sed session and then al you need to do is being CAREFUL when gently get them back up again and if needed GENTLY adjust the tape. What i also do is i have a extra pair of slightly tighter panties on top of the diaper as a extra holder so to say (similar to the onsies you al talking about in here ) that way i don't need to worry as mush that the diaper will slip down & also i don't need to fit it as snugg ether and risk it tearing in the seams so to say ,then i have my ord panties over that for neatness and voila. + The Pull Ups are usually WAY more expensive as well which made my choice pretty simple based on both security and price

EDITED EXTRA info

Found this on a Google search reg sed brand for Fecal IC

Review of North Shore Go Supreme

I have been using these for my daily protection for the last two months now. These are great. The coverage area is much larger than their other pull ons. They can hold about 250-350 ml release all at once. They can handle about 1200 ml for men and 1600 for women. I rarely have to change in an 8 hour day. But always keep an extra with me. At work I carry a backpack everywhere so I just change in the bathroom quickly but they are folded small enough to fit inside a file folder, jacket, or basically any thing you could put a regular sized book/novel in. These are great and I you don't like pull ons I highly recommend you try them with a sample. I have found my daily wear outside of the Air Supreme Lite. Which I only wear when I will be sitting for long periods of time. I.e. Movies, car rides, etc. I wouldn't recommend this for males if you sit a lot when you wet because it will over flow if you go too much. Do not use these for fecal incontinence.

Thanks all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this sounds weird but trust me I am not joking ,in the SCI Community who use bisacodyl suppositories like magic bullets or dulcolax ,for b & b plan , you get what we loving call "butt snot",its a thin clear watery mucus that will roll around in your diaper but doesn't get absorbed or even past the top sheet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back