New Incontinence Products by Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was on Amazon and noticed up at the top bar there was a little banner that said "Confident and discreet bladder protection. New by Amazon."

This new product is called "Solimo". As of right now I see some pads, underwear for women, underwear for men, and a unisex pull-up labelled "overnight absorbency". As is usual with incontinence products (especially pull-ups) there are no real pictures of the product. They appear to be the standard adult pull up.

I don't see any distinguishing features, nor are any really listed. The picture that they've provided might allude to some sort of standing leak guard, but I'm not sure. They aren't terribly expensive, roughly 64 for $32. If anything, their packaging looks to be pretty nice.

I know that's not what most people care about in the slightest. But I've never really cared for any of the packaging in use by most companies. They either spend a fortune turning them into something that looks like the back of a kids cereal box, or they are so sterile and medical in appearance that they've seemed to have forgotten that these products are purchased by real human beings.

The packaging they've used actually reminds me of the original Goodnites packing. Very simple in appearance, and nothing on the front screams "DIAPERS"! They are pretty basic, colored very nicely and simply, and the label is unobtrusive. I like the way they look at least.

I'm hoping that someone here that enjoys or uses pull-ups will order some so that we can see them for real. I'm also hoping that as such a large company, they're product will be something new, interesting, and more effective than what's currently available. I'm also hoping that they'll expand the line eventually, to include actual diapers.

Thank you for sharing this. It looks like the Solimo brand is for a wide range of products and it says it is an Amazon brand. I saw the heavy absorbency for men has a package of 60 for $25. That is incredible...If they do their job. I like to sleep in pull ups but I do sleep on my side and I wonder about their leak protection. I wish they had free samples or a smaller package to try.

Yeah, just looking them up they don't appear to be anything special, and I'm wary of anything from a big box or chain so I can't say I have a whole lot more faith in Amazon than say, Walgreens or Walmart or whatever, and I'd expect them to be on the same level.

But I'd more than love to be proven wrong. I've been after a decent pull-up for years in the hopes it would help me be able to do more fitness stuff more efficiently, but I've not struck gold in that department yet.

It looks like they are trying to compete with the really cheap stire brands, possible with depends as well. Which means nit only are the cheap in cost, they will be cheap in co steuction as well. "Heavy" and "overnight" are going to be a complete farce so I wouldn't even risk trying them out.

It almost looks like an all purple version of the Always Discreet. :p

Llayden said:
I was on Amazon and noticed up at the top bar there was a little banner that said "Confident and discreet bladder protection. New by Amazon."

This new product is called "Solimo". As of right now I see some pads, underwear for women, underwear for men, and a unisex pull-up labelled "overnight absorbency". As is usual with incontinence products (especially pull-ups) there are no real pictures of the product. They appear to be the standard adult pull up.

I don't see any distinguishing features, nor are any really listed. The picture that they've provided might allude to some sort of standing leak guard, but I'm not sure. They aren't terribly expensive, roughly 64 for $32. If anything, their packaging looks to be pretty nice.

I know that's not what most people care about in the slightest. But I've never really cared for any of the packaging in use by most companies. They either spend a fortune turning them into something that looks like the back of a kids cereal box, or they are so sterile and medical in appearance that they've seemed to have forgotten that these products are purchased by real human beings.

The packaging they've used actually reminds me of the original Goodnites packing. Very simple in appearance, and nothing on the front screams "DIAPERS"! They are pretty basic, colored very nicely and simply, and the label is unobtrusive. I like the way they look at least.

I'm hoping that someone here that enjoys or uses pull-ups will order some so that we can see them for real. I'm also hoping that as such a large company, they're product will be something new, interesting, and more effective than what's currently available. I'm also hoping that they'll expand the line eventually, to include actual diapers.

Thanks very much for the heads up!

Cheap enough to try I would think. I am just not a Dan of pull ups.

These aren't made by Amazon. They just write "Amazon Brand" so people will think it is and buy it.

if made by someone for amazon i want to see who made them to see if they have a leg to stand on my feelings on this if they dont have any background in the incon world they will more than likely be junk waste of money

I wouldnt expect too much at the cost of .50 each, good diapers seem to cost near the $1 each to start out and the more "convenient/less noticeable" the product (like Pull-Ups) the worst the product seem to be by default.

Who knows though, they could be a fair value product, they just won't impress anybody used to "the good stuff".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back