Diaper rash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
So I’ve got a pretty rough rash going. To the point it hurts. I’ve tried using destiin and other diaper rash creams. Tried airing out with no luck. I’ve got a dr appointment scheduled for tomorrow but would prefer not to go. Showing a dr the fact I’ve got a diaper rash sounds embarrassing. Any suggestions on how to eliminate the rash. It’s righy between my legs.

I had a rash in between my thigh and pelvic area long before I wore diapers (or long after). She (yes, a she and very good looking!) said it was a type of yeast infection and gave me some free samples. They worked! The same ingredient (which I can't remember) is also in a jock itch spray I use from time to time. It takes a day but works. You could try the women's external yeast medicine Monistat.

As always, none of here is a doctor and the above is my own experience and opinion. But the doc was very good looking. That part is a fact. ;)

If Desitin didn't work, I'd agree it's probably fungal (yeast) you can try using Baza Antifungal Barrier Cream. It works wonders there's also Baza Cleanse and Protect Perineal Lotion, for once it's under control. I use the cream for a few days and then switvh to the lotion for a few weeks then back to plain baby powder.

Ehorton said:
So I’ve got a pretty rough rash going. To the point it hurts. I’ve tried using destiin and other diaper rash creams. Tried airing out with no luck. I’ve got a dr appointment scheduled for tomorrow but would prefer not to go. Showing a dr the fact I’ve got a diaper rash sounds embarrassing. Any suggestions on how to eliminate the rash. It’s righy between my legs.

Are you absolutely certain it is a rash? I know you must have seen other posts warning it could also be a yeast infection. Rash creams do nothing for them. You will need an over the counter antifungal/jock itch cream, spray or powder. Lotramin or Dr.Schols is always good for them, as is zeasorb powder.

You probably have a rash caused by a yeast or fungus. Any powder or cream with Miconazole nitrate or Nystatin will take care of it. Zeozorb powder has the former in it and is over the counter. I have used it many times. Try to change more often to keep the area dry and it should clear up in about 3 days (mileage may vary; this is my own experience).

Ehorton said:

Embarrassment is a bad adviser, I learned that a very hard way.
Noone of us is a doctor and we only can guess and give helpful hints but not a diagnose.

Go to that appointment -better safe than sorry.

Cheers

Right. I agree with going to the doc. They'll probably take one look and say "Here's a prescription for some cream. It'll clear up soon."

Not to be gross or anything, but a few months back I had the most HORRIBLE rash I have ever had. I couldn't even sit because it hurt so bad. I was on the verge of going to the doctor if it didn't go away when it mysteriously started drying up and going away. But I believe it had something to do with the wipes I was using because after I stopped using them and switched to a new kind, it started going away. The irony was that I was trying to keep it clean with something that was possibly making it worse. :p

Thanks for all the feedback. Turns out it is a yeast infection. They proscribed a cream and said to come back in 30 days if it doesn’t clear up. Thank you for caring enough to respond

Ehorton said:
Thanks for all the feedback. Turns out it is a yeast infection. They proscribed a cream and said to come back in 30 days if it doesn’t clear up. Thank you for caring enough to respond

What is the name of the cream were you prescribed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molecule said:
What is the name of the cream were you prescribed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nystatin

i bet it was nystatn been there done that my dr also gave me the stuff to also make my own mix of destin hydcordzone triple anti b cream nystatn mix = amounts of all them and use that it will cover a wide mix of things and fast

I also thought I had a bad rash but it turned out to be a fungal infection. I had a once-a-week pill that was labeled for yeast infections and a cream that I had to apply regularly. It cleared things up nicely and I was a lot happier.

It may have kicked in when I was still learning proper diaper hygiene but with regular bathing, airing out, using oil after bathing and the use of barrier cream and powder, I am pretty comfortable. I don't have to cream up with each change but I do have to do it a couple of times a day. But I powder with every change if I can--I need to get a travel powder container for when I'm running around.

Knocking it out will take just a little time and I suggest you keep up with the anti-fungal cream for a while after the fungi are eliminated to insure you won't have an immediate relapse.

Zeesorb AF (AF stands for Anti Fungal) is a great powder to dash in to keep the yeast at bay. Available over the counter in many stores. Cheaper by the 5 or 7 pack on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back