Thread: Accepting ABDL

Default Accepting ABDL

I am a Christian , and I wonder how many struggle with acceptance from God as to being an ABDL , it has taken me years to accept that God Loves me for who I am and sometimes even then I struggle, I was wondering if anyone could share their stories with me for encouragement.

Well, considering there is no direct proof, ordinances, or laws of god then that would be a little hard to say exactly what "he" deems acceptable. Most everyone just takes whatever the church says is or isn't, often citing the bible(s) they wrote. And most every church says that anything even remotely different or not normal is a sin. In order to overcome that you'd have to come up with your own version of god. But hey, what's one more version....

I struggle with this to some degree, especially since I'm a minister of music. Theology defines "sin" as anything that separates one from God, and almost everything we do outside of prayer does that, so wearing diapers is simply one more thing. Wearing and using diapers doesn't harm anyone and if it gives one some peace or joy, I think God can handle it. There are far bigger things for Him and us to worry about.

Hey, as long as you're not a murderer, liar, cheat, thief, or abuser, among a few other things, i'm sure you'll be fine. I personally don't believe in a god, but to each their own, i suppose.

God certainly loves us for who we are. Acceptance from God, as the Psalmist David wrote, is a broken and contrite heart....God will not despise. Sin, from the Greek, is "missing the mark". Sometimes, I think this attraction to diapers is simply a comfort mechanism stemming from past experiences. Other times, from a Christian perspective, it could be sin if we "miss the mark" and have it control our lives, according to our conscience.

The modern Christian life is often caught up in a guilt/shame cycle, a thinking that we don't deserve God's love for certain actions. Essentially, this is us producing a judgement upon ourselves when it is not our right. We are humans and capable of missing the mark. It's a part of what makes us human. We couldn't be human without it. A Christian then is called to repentance to come even closer to Christ....and that includes recognizing our faults, insecurities, and "abdl-ness" if so inclined. Without this, we wouldn't come to a knowledge of Christ's ultimate victory of death.

I hope this was some encouragement. Be of good cheer!

I'm honestly happy someone was able to come up with a more comforting thing that I could have.

Not being highly religious (Read that as "Not at all religious"), I can't wrap my mind around worrying what an all-powerful being would be doing worrying about my choice of undies. O_O

(To be honest, that omnipresent thing always freaked me out as a kid. Like, I'm sitting in the bathtub going "DON'T YOU BE LOOKIN' AT ME UP THERE GOD. I'M IN THE BATH.")

God wants His children to be whole, content, and joyful. He wants us to be accepting of both ourselves, and of those around us. Anyone who would intrude on my own self in any of these things, by judging me as less than any of these things due to a certain private habit I may have that they may deem as “unworthy,” or “unacceptable,” is certainly free to find whatever they may personally believe to be God’s blessings,….. but to please find them for themselves somewhere else!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    I'm honestly happy someone was able to come up with a more comforting thing that I could have.

Not being highly religious (Read that as "Not at all religious"), I can't wrap my mind around worrying what an all-powerful being would be doing worrying about my choice of undies. O_O

(To be honest, that omnipresent thing always freaked me out as a kid. Like, I'm sitting in the bathtub going "DON'T YOU BE LOOKIN' AT ME UP THERE GOD. I'M IN THE BATH.")
    If God is love, we're all ok here. If he's not love, I think I'll pass on that religion, thank you very much.