Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I know the Title may sound a bit weird but this morning I woke up and went to the bathroom to pee. I had just changed out of my dry Pull-Up and had it rolled up as my mother came into the bathroom. I threw the diaper under the toilet so she won't see it.

I don't know why I'm still embarassed about it. She knows that I wear because of Bedwetting. She also knows that I'm a DL and wear for fun.

Do you guys have any advice how I can become more relaxed about this ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Well, you are already on a good way! :thumbsup:
If she knows about it and it is okay, it is half the way. I could now go and post again a wall off text about the origins of diaper shame. It is currently a featured post (Getting a Second Opinion / Diaper Embarrassment). Maybe you take a look at it and contemplate about that. It is what I have found out about the topic and understanding the origins truly lifted that burden from me. Maybe it helps you, too?

If your mom knows about it - are you allowed to walk in your home in your diaper?

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
Well, you are already on a good way! [emoji106]
If she knows about it and it is okay, it is half the way. I could now go and post again a wall off text about the origins of diaper shame. It is currently a featured post (Getting a Second Opinion / Diaper Embarrassment). Maybe you take a look at it and contemplate about that. It is what I have found out about the topic and understanding the origins truly lifted that burden from me. Maybe it helps you, too?

If your mom knows about it - are you allowed to walk in your home in your diaper?

Cheers

Okay sounds good. Uhm... where can I find this post again?

Well... I've done it a couple of times and she didn't seem to notice or simply didn't mind...

Go to the "Incontinence" forum it is in the thread "Getting a Second Opinion / Diaper Embarrassment" on the last page.

So you walked around the house in them and she did not say anything if I understood correctly?
Okay, so she knows about your bedwetting - but have you explicitly mentioned that you also like wearing them for the fun of it?

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
Go to the "Incontinence" forum it is in the thread "Getting a Second Opinion / Diaper Embarrassment" on the last page.

So you walked around the house in them and she did not say anything if I understood correctly?
Okay, so she knows about your bedwetting - but have you explicitly mentioned that you also like wearing them for the fun of it?

Cheers

Okay I'll check it out.

Yeah I did this a couple of times, but I didn't let my diaper Show.

Yeah I wrote her a letter and explained it all to her.

Drynites96 said:
Yeah I wrote her a letter and explained it all to her.

What was her reaction?

Perhaps try locking the bathroom door when you’re changing?

That's what I'm thinking. Why the heck is your mom walking in on you when you're in the bathroom anyways. That is a complete lack of privacy, and a bit disrespectful.

LifeInPlastic said:
What was her reaction?
Well she wrote one back, saying that she wants to talk with me about it. I talked with her. I told her that wearing diapers helps me with stress. She said that she's okay with me being a DL but a couple weeks later she asked ne if I can't do something else to relax and destress.

(BTW cool that I've found you on WBC)

Slomo said:
That's what I'm thinking. Why the heck is your mom walking in on you when you're in the bathroom anyways. That is a complete lack of privacy, and a bit disrespectful.
I know... ^^' I normally change in my room

Drynites96 said:
Well she wrote one back, saying that she wants to talk with me about it. I talked with her. I told her that wearing diapers helps me with stress. She said that she's okay with me being a DL but a couple weeks later she asked ne if I can't do something else to relax and destress.

Be careful with what she is saying here. This is a very clear sign she is ok with you wearing diapers so long as she can change you to be more like what she wants. You really need to drill this into her, that your love/compulsion for diapers will never go away. This truly is a part of who you are, and that will not change. If she can't accept you for who you are right now, then there's no chance she is going to accept you later on.

Drynites96 said:

^^

I think it might be a good idea if you have a prolonged talk(not by letters) about this with your mother. Maybe she has worries about everthing being right with you.
You should talk this through with her and be also open for her thoughts about it. You did the first steps with these letters, now you should walk this path to the end.
It might take time and require a few talks but at the beginning it might be good to just hear both sides how they think and feel about it. At some point you could together go through articles about "paraphilic infantilism"(Autonepiophilie auf deutsch ;) )
Try to go through this together and do it in a calm and collected way.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
^^

I think it might be a good idea if you have a prolonged talk(not by letters) about this with your mother. Maybe she has worries about everthing being right with you.
You should talk this through with her and be also open for her thoughts about it. You did the first steps with these letters, now you should walk this path to the end.
It might take time and require a few talks but at the beginning it might be good to just hear both sides how they think and feel about it. At some point you could together go through articles about "paraphilic infantilism"(Autonepiophilie auf deutsch ;) )
Try to go through this together and do it in a calm and collected way.

Cheers
XD

Well I've already talked with her about it twice. Tbh I find it very hard to talk about this stuff. I started to cry both times ^^ At the first talk I told her that it's nothing harmful and explained the DL thing a bit to her. In the 2nd, she asked me how I got the idea to try diapers and tbh I couldn't answer...

Slomo said:
Be careful with what she is saying here. This is a very clear sign she is ok with you wearing diapers so long as she can change you to be more like what she wants. You really need to drill this into her, that your love/compulsion for diapers will never go away. This truly is a part of who you are, and that will not change. If she can't accept you for who you are right now, then there's no chance she is going to accept you later on.
I know that I really need to do this but I find it very hard to talk about this stuff with her...

I am afraid to wear around my family, too. And, of course, out in public and at work. Usually, if I am too lazy or tired to change out of my diaper after waking up, and before going into the bathroom, I put on my bathrobe to hide my diaper.

I want to wear at work, but I am too scared that they would notice the diaper and say something about it. I don't want to be called out on it. I don't want to be known as the "freak" who still wears diapers.

As for advice, if you're too scared to let your parents see you in diapers, just continue hiding them. Wear baggy pants, and maybe even some underwear over the diaper to hide the bulge.

Hope this helps!

~BabyPrinceBoy xoxo

Drynites96 said:
XD

In the 2nd, she asked me how I got the idea to try diapers and tbh I couldn't answer...

Take me back--.back to the time as a kid, where you knew this was, as I put it, "in there like Ragu pasta sauce." I was 5 or 6. You? This is relevant. I promise.

Drynites96 said:
XD

Well I've already talked with her about it twice. Tbh I find it very hard to talk about this stuff. I started to cry both times ^^ At the first talk I told her that it's nothing harmful and explained the DL thing a bit to her. In the 2nd, she asked me how I got the idea to try diapers and tbh I couldn't answer...

Yeah, my posting in the other thread only covered why people feel shame when wearing diapers. What makes you like them comes from e slightly different source (but both things are somewhat interconnected). Here comes another wall of text. :biggrin:

1. What is fetishism?
The first step is to understand what fetishism is and what not.
Per neutral definiton, fetishism is the attribution of inherent value or powers to an object. Usually there are 2 types in wich fetishism is split - one is a sexual, one has nothing to do with sex at all. The latter mostly refers to objects that posess supernatural powers/sacred objects(talismans, idols, lucky charms, etc.)
More genrally you project immaterial things like beliefs/emmotions/memories onto an object and thereby the object becomes something close and very special for you. Just by looking at or holding the object, what you projected is brought up and refreshed or even deepend in you.
I think you realise by now that we are talking about stuff that have (insanely) powerful impact on the human psyche. Just think about what people have done to recover religious relics when they where stolen or insulted(Mohammed is a good, actual example).

2. Now, what the heck has that to do with diapers?
As you may have already guessed we are back in early childhood here. Specifically the act of changing diapers. From the day you where born you where put in them.
For a parent it is a necessary, mechanical and sometimes quite unpleasant thing to do. But since parents love their children they do not mind, as the well beeing of the young have a higher priority.
For the baby however the thing is completely different. The changing is a highly positive social interaction. A baby can´t do much at the start apart from cry, sleep, drink and mess. The range of activities is fairly limited. But in that early stages of life what happens around the baby is noticed and processed with hyperspeed by the young mind(and psyche). Even if it cannot articulate itself, the infant is aware of what happens to him and what you do with him has a deep impact.
With this background let´s get back to the act of changing diapers. There is a lot of highly positive feelings associated with this seemingly dirty process. The baby does not feel well because of a full diaper and cries, the parent responds to this, takes it into his arms saying calming things(receiving of attention). When put on the changing table there is mostly some sort of toy the baby gets to play with. It get´s cleaned gently and put in fresh wearbles again. During this process the parents speaks to the baby, touches it, plays with it a little(even if it is just shaking a rattle). When the process is finished the parent also seems happy, says something with a positive voice(even simple things as "Now your fine again") and smiles often there is a kiss on the forehead involved.
That is a firework of impressions and sensations! It is a close and personal, positive interaction with the parents.
- visual (facial expressions of the parent, toys, pretty moch everything that happens)
- arcustical (all the sounds are exciting, voice of the parent)
- olfactory (nice smell of the powder, cream, oil)
- sensoric (all the touching, playing with a toy)
All this love and care that is involved in this is deeply positive in the perception of the young mind. And this continues for years.

Now what for the fetish? Even in this early stage the mind is capable(or even more affine to it) to project and associate this act of care with an object. This happens in the subconsciousness it is not an willingly excersised act. But it must not happen at all.
You have had a special plushie or toy as a kid, maybe even have it still somewhere(even if it is in some box on the attic of your parents home)? Or just think about how cloth diapers become a security blanked(things get super obvious)? Rings this any bells? I think it dawned already upon you.
You projected all this positive from the act of changing onto the diaper itself. This is your idol. That is why it has this positive, calming effect - it litterally takes you back to the age of no problems. It is a good thing if you look from this perspective.

3. Conclusion
Like I mentioned - some childs do not form a fetish. But many do - just think about all that favourite toys, pacifiers, or maybe skincare brands that use just because they always did. The fetish can be stronger or weaker. That´s why this is never an issue for many. But in some cases that just sticks.
Ever knew someone(or experienced it yourself) that found out their parents had sold some toys or the favourite plushie and was shocked? The aware self might have forgotten the idol - but not your subconsciousness, it still matters!
It is also speculated that certain events might proc the resurfacing of the desire for the fetish(negative feelings, circumstances, loss and all the grim stuff). But for some the fetish accompanies through their whole childhood and life without any negative background/reason.
The disposable diaper is a bit special because it is some sort of undying fetish(idol). It is a fetish that is constantly reborn by it´s one-way-use nature, contrary to a toy or plushie that can "die". Therefore it is always present(and you know that).

Of course it can happen that this fetish also get´s sexualized during puberty. But by default it has no sexual connotation. This process is something entierly different.

So you see - a fetish is in fact a very common thing of human nature. Nothing evil, negative or pervert. It is a powerful feature of our psyche.
Some might go so far to say it symbolizes the loving bond between parents and child.

Now you know why you like wearing(and maybe also wetting/messing) diapers. It is the love and care of the golden days of early childhood that they symbolize for you.

Contemplate about this. Do your own research. Stuff like this needs time to sink in and talk about it with your mother if you feel you understood it by youself. I´m positive that she can understand, but keep in mind that she also might need some time.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
Yeah, my posting in the other thread only covered why people feel shame when wearing diapers. What makes you like them comes from e slightly different source (but both things are somewhat interconnected). Here comes another wall of text. [emoji3]

1. What is fetishism?
The first step is to understand what fetishism is and what not.
Per neutral definiton, fetishism is the attribution of inherent value or powers to an object. Usually there are 2 types in wich fetishism is split - one is a sexual, one has nothing to do with sex at all. The latter mostly refers to objects that posess supernatural powers/sacred objects(talismans, idols, lucky charms, etc.)
More genrally you project immaterial things like beliefs/emmotions/memories onto an object and thereby the object becomes something close and very special for you. Just by looking at or holding the object, what you projected is brought up and refreshed or even deepend in you.
I think you realise by now that we are talking about stuff that have (insanely) powerful impact on the human psyche. Just think about what people have done to recover religious relics when they where stolen or insulted(Mohammed is a good, actual example).

2. Now, what the heck has that to do with diapers?
As you may have already guessed we are back in early childhood here. Specifically the act of changing diapers. From the day you where born you where put in them.
For a parent it is a necessary, mechanical and sometimes quite unpleasant thing to do. But since parents love their children they do not mind, as the well beeing of the young have a higher priority.
For the baby however the thing is completely different. The changing is a highly positive social interaction. A baby can´t do much at the start apart from cry, sleep, drink and mess. The range of activities is fairly limited. But in that early stages of life what happens around the baby is noticed and processed with hyperspeed by the young mind(and psyche). Even if it cannot articulate itself, the infant is aware of what happens to him and what you do with him has a deep impact.
With this background let´s get back to the act of changing diapers. There is a lot of highly positive feelings associated with this seemingly dirty process. The baby does not feel well because of a full diaper and cries, the parent responds to this, takes it into his arms saying calming things(receiving of attention). When put on the changing table there is mostly some sort of toy the baby gets to play with. It get´s cleaned gently and put in fresh wearbles again. During this process the parents speaks to the baby, touches it, plays with it a little(even if it is just shaking a rattle). When the process is finished the parent also seems happy, says something with a positive voice(even simple things as "Now your fine again") and smiles often there is a kiss on the forehead involved.
That is a firework of impressions and sensations! It is a close and personal, positive interaction with the parents.
- visual (facial expressions of the parent, toys, pretty moch everything that happens)
- arcustical (all the sounds are exciting, voice of the parent)
- olfactory (nice smell of the powder, cream, oil)
- sensoric (all the touching, playing with a toy)
All this love and care that is involved in this is deeply positive in the perception of the young mind. And this continues for years.

Now what for the fetish? Even in this early stage the mind is capable(or even more affine to it) to project and associate this act of care with an object. This happens in the subconsciousness it is not an willingly excersised act. But it must not happen at all.
You have had a special plushie or toy as a kid, maybe even have it still somewhere(even if it is in some box on the attic of your parents home)? Or just think about how cloth diapers become a security blanked(things get super obvious)? Rings this any bells? I think it dawned already upon you.
You projected all this positive from the act of changing onto the diaper itself. This is your idol. That is why it has this positive, calming effect - it litterally takes you back to the age of no problems. It is a good thing if you look from this perspective.

3. Conclusion
Like I mentioned - some childs do not form a fetish. But many do - just think about all that favourite toys, pacifiers, or maybe skincare brands that use just because they always did. The fetish can be stronger or weaker. That´s why this is never an issue for many. But in some cases that just sticks.
Ever knew someone(or experienced it yourself) that found out their parents had sold some toys or the favourite plushie and was shocked? The aware self might have forgotten the idol - but not your subconsciousness, it still matters!
It is also speculated that certain events might proc the resurfacing of the desire for the fetish(negative feelings, circumstances, loss and all the grim stuff). But for some the fetish accompanies through their whole childhood and life without any negative background/reason.
The disposable diaper is a bit special because it is some sort of undying fetish(idol). It is a fetish that is constantly reborn by it´s one-way-use nature, contrary to a toy or plushie that can "die". Therefore it is always present(and you know that).

Of course it can happen that this fetish also get´s sexualized during puberty. But by default it has no sexual connotation. This process is something entierly different.

So you see - a fetish is in fact a very common thing of human nature. Nothing evil, negative or pervert. It is a powerful feature of our psyche.
Some might go so far to say it symbolizes the loving bond between parents and child.

Now you know why you like wearing(and maybe also wetting/messing) diapers. It is the love and care of the golden days of early childhood that they symbolize for you.

Contemplate about this. Do your own research. Stuff like this needs time to sink in and talk about it with your mother if you feel you understood it by youself. I´m positive that she can understand, but keep in mind that she also might need some time.

Cheers
Well I've always had a fascination with diapers when I really think about it. I even remember that a friend and I borrowed some diapers when we were in Kindergarten. I've often helped to change one of my Cousin's when I was around 6 or 7 years old and even asked if I could take one or two diapers with me for my plushies. I've always dreamt about wearing diapers again.

I had to go to the Hospital when I was 13 because of a big surgery on my legs and hips. The Nurses put me in Adult Diapers for a couple of days and I think that's what really started the whole DL thing for me.

I didn't get the Chance to buy diapers until 2 years ago when I drove to a Drug Store and bought my first pack of Drynites. Since then I've been wearing almost every night.

I often felt good about wearing but I sometimes felt guilt and shame until I've finally accepted myself as a DL around one and a half year ago. I told my mother half a year later that I'm a DL and she seemed to be okay with it.

Drynites96 said:
Well I've always had a fascination with diapers when I really think about it. I even remember that a friend and I borrowed some diapers when we were in Kindergarten. I've often helped to change one of my Cousin's when I was around 6 or 7 years old and even asked if I could take one or two diapers with me for my plushies. I've always dreamt about wearing diapers again.

I had to go to the Hospital when I was 13 because of a big surgery on my legs and hips. The Nurses put me in Adult Diapers for a couple of days and I think that's what really started the whole DL thing for me.

I didn't get the Chance to buy diapers until 2 years ago when I drove to a Drug Store and bought my first pack of Drynites. Since then I've been wearing almost every night.

I often felt good about wearing but I sometimes felt guilt and shame until I've finally accepted myself as a DL around one and a half year ago. I told my mother half a year later that I'm a DL and she seemed to be okay with it.

Now I am a bit confused. You said in your first post that you are a bedwetter but also like diapers. Did you pee in bed all the time with no form of protection?
This post here seems to imply that there is no bedwetting at all. This reads like this hospital experience has just caused your DL to resurface stronger than before.

I do not want to accuse you of anything - but could it be that you hide behind "bedwetting"? If I took a wrong turn with this assumtion it would be better if you clarify the situation.
You can be honest here. No need to hide.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
Now I am a bit confused. You said in your first post that you are a bedwetter but also like diapers. Did you pee in bed all the time with no form of protection?
This post here seems to imply that there is no bedwetting at all. This reads like this hospital experience has just caused your DL to resurface stronger than before.

I do not want to accuse you of anything - but could it be that you hide behind "bedwetting"? If I took a wrong turn with this assumtion it would be better if you clarify the situation.
You can be honest here. No need to hide.

Cheers

Well I didn't have bedwetting issures back then. The bedwetting started around two years ago because of a lot of Stress and pretty bad Nightmares. It doesn't happen that often (maybe once or twice a week)

And... *sigh* You're kinda right. I do hide behind it a bit... But that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back