Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyTcd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Hi I need some advise on diapers in a hotel as I'm going away soo . What your experience like and how do you protect the duvet from getting wet when you leak. I have already bought bed mats and tested them out while wearing a diaper and my bed is dry but the problem now is the duvet is wet so I need advise

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

AshleyTcd said:
Hi I need some advise on diapers in a hotel as I'm going away soo . What your experience like and how do you protect the duvet from getting wet when you leak. I have already bought bed mats and tested them out while wearing a diaper and my bed is dry but the problem now is the duvet is wet so I need advise

Well where do you think it's leaking from? The top/front, sides(side sleeping), leg openings or the back of the diaper?
Also what diapers are you using? It sounds like the diapers you're using aren't exactly up to the demand you're asking of them.
You might want to upgrade or add a decent booster in your diaper.

It also sounds like you might benefit from putting a diaper cover over your diaper, I recommend the Gary Wear Active Briefs.
They're pretty light weight, quiet, have nice PUL waterproofing and have saved me a good few times from leaving wet patches when I leak in my sleep or on my pants when out. Plus they come in a bunch of different colors ^u^

All over as I had heavy flow there boots stay dry slip. I have a plastics I will using when it get their. The problem I have is when I drink alcohol sometimes I wet in sleep

AshleyTcd said:
All over as I had heavy flow there boots stay dry slip. I have a plastics I will using when it get their. The problem I have is when I drink alcohol sometimes I wet in sleep

I also sleep on my side

AshleyTcd said:

Then you'll probably want to bump up the diaper quality to something a little more overkill then if it's as bad as you've explained it.

Also, if you're male make sure you're pointing your "member" down.
Allowing your boy point up might lead to leaking right out the front/top and probably the sides if you're prone to side sleeping.

I've never heard of Boots Staydry Slips, but I think you should try to get a hold of some BetterDry diapers.
If you manage to totally saturate on of those in a regular nights worth of sleep I'd be a little surprised.
But if it's way too much absorbency and you have a lot of unused padding then you have a good gauge from that.

Honestly though the Betterdry are some of the best diapers out right now and worth a shot.
If they can't help you on their own then go even further and add a decent booster.

And if all that doesn't work you're getting into levels of needed protection I don't think I could recommend(or find)
a diaper thirsty enough on its own.
You'd just need to wear like three at a time and hope >u<

Thanks I'm limited over hear in Ireland on diapers.

How about crinklz they are the same as better dry but with prints. you might find them over there.

If you tell a hotel you wear protection at night they will also add a matress protection, at least from my experience.
An aditional bed mat is not a bad idea. But you really must wear a diaper that is up to the task. Do everyone a favor and do not abuse the understanding for wetting issues by not taking proper preparations. If you have unaware bladder/bowel movements during the night go to the toilett and putt on a new diaper afterwards right before going to bed. If you are just wearing them for the sensation it´s okay, too. If you have to sleep with a pre-wetted diaper do it, just do not overextend it´s capacity, really simple.

But the core problem seems to be that you are using the wrong product/size. There are are more otherwise "dry" people who wet when drunk. May I ask what you wear for the nighttime?
Here are some useful links of shops/companys that are available in Ireland(or not since it seems you cannot post links? So just google the following words):
assistireland
nappiesrus
saveexpress

As a general rule of thumb - take always the highest capacity of a manufacturer for night time protection. Diapers that I can recommend out of personal experience are:
Absorin Comfort Slip Ultra
Attends Slip Regular Plus
BEESANA Superslip Super
Drylife Slip Super
Forma-Care Slip X-PLUS
ID Expert Slip Maxi
lil healthcare suprem Maxi
Molicare (Premium) Slip Maxi
Seni Super Seni Quattro
Tena Slip (Active Fit) Maxi/Ultima
Thrust Vector BetterDry

If you insist on wearing a more colorful product:
Rearz Lil Squirts Active Fit / Safari / Princess Pink / Rebel / Seduction
Thrust Vector Crinklz
Tykables Overnights/Galactic

I´ve worn all these by myself and was satisfied with the outcome(dry bed). You can ofc boost the diaper with a rectangular pad or more. But one of the mentioned products should keep the bed dry without additional inserts. Make sure to get to the toilett before sleeping to get out what is possible. Then it shold really not be an issue if you use one of these top-tier diapers.

Cheers

AshleyTcd said:

Well there's your problem. You need better diapers. With leaking that much and that badly, not even a diaper cover is going to help you all that much. Really, the bed mat is only supposed to be there for piece of mind too. Most of the time you should not be wetting the mat, let alone soaking it enough to also get the covers wet as well.

It's considerate that you think of this as a guest. Invest your best efforts in mats, plastic pants, booster pads, or just better and well fitting diapers; or a combination of. If you still leak on the bedding than completely strip the bedding, including the duvet from it's slip. It will signal housekeeping. Housekeepers, I imagine have seen a lot so don't fret much. Also, leave a cash tip on the stripped bed.

Disposable bad pad under you and one of the diapers what LifeInPlastic writed down will do the job

My suggestion would be to get some plastic pants (plastic knickers in the UK) and wear over top of your diaper if it is disposable. That should prevent any upward leaking getting on the duvet.

BlizzardKid said:
It's considerate that you think of this as a guest. Invest your best efforts in mats, plastic pants, booster pads, or just better and well fitting diapers; or a combination of. If you still leak on the bedding than completely strip the bedding, including the duvet from it's slip. It will signal housekeeping. Housekeepers, I imagine have seen a lot so don't fret much. Also, leave a cash tip on the stripped bed.

This is basically what you need to do, along with upping your protection level to the maximum. A strip and a tip is the universal language of a bed and linens that need special attention from housekeeping. (I'm a housekeeper.)

OmiOMy said:
This is basically what you need to do, along with upping your protection level to the maximum. A strip and a tip is the universal language of a bed and linens that need special attention from housekeeping. (I'm a housekeeper.)

I did NOT know that. I knew it was nice to leave a tip and usually I leave the blankets folded up on the bed.

But it's good to know in case anything happens in the future. XD

It's like an apology in absentia. "I'm so sorry. Here, I took the yucky things off and gave you some extra money 'cause I'm sorry."

Could be a cultural difference - but I only give a tip if I´m satisfied with the housekeeping.

Cheers

utjerry said:
My suggestion would be to get some plastic pants (plastic knickers in the UK) and wear over top of your diaper if it is disposable. That should prevent any upward leaking getting on the duvet.
I don't live in the UK I live in the Republic of Ireland so can only order in Ireland as shipping is expensive from outside

Largely related (which is why I didn't create a new thread for this), I stayed in a hotel last week. My diapers never leaked on the bed thankfully, but I had a weird experience with housekeeping. The first day I was there, I threw out 2 wet diapers that I had placed into a bag and tied up tight, in the in-room garbage pail. The second day, my bladder was acting up more and I had 3 diapers to dispose of that night. I bundled them all up and tied them neatly and tightly in another bag, and placed it into the small garbage pail, where they took up most of the space in it.

To my surprise, I came back to the bed made, everything tidied up, and the plastic bag of wet diapers taken out of the pail and placed next to it. I was embarrassed a bit by this, not sure whether the housekeeper just forgot to toss them into the larger garbage bag, or just outright refused to (due to weight or size?). For the rest of the stay, I carried my wet diapers to a garbage pail outside of the room (still in the hotel), but it was still a bit off-putting.

PlotTwist said:
Largely related (which is why I didn't create a new thread for this), I stayed in a hotel last week. My diapers never leaked on the bed thankfully, but I had a weird experience with housekeeping. The first day I was there, I threw out 2 wet diapers that I had placed into a bag and tied up tight, in the in-room garbage pail. The second day, my bladder was acting up more and I had 3 diapers to dispose of that night. I bundled them all up and tied them neatly and tightly in another bag, and placed it into the small garbage pail, where they took up most of the space in it.

To my surprise, I came back to the bed made, everything tidied up, and the plastic bag of wet diapers taken out of the pail and placed next to it. I was embarrassed a bit by this, not sure whether the housekeeper just forgot to toss them into the larger garbage bag, or just outright refused to (due to weight or size?). For the rest of the stay, I carried my wet diapers to a garbage pail outside of the room (still in the hotel), but it was still a bit off-putting.
I will repeat my strong advice Never ever leave your dirty diapers in your trash can in the room. Bring plastic shopping bags you get at the grocery store and use them to put the used diapers in and then use the laundry bag usually plastic in the room as a second securing bag and then when you leave the room for the day toss them in the trash bag on the housekeepers cart or if your floor has a trash can by the vending area or the elevator place them in there once they are in the trash its trash and the housekeepers and or maintenance guy will just tie the trash bag up and go on to the next can they are busy people and do not have time to rifle through the bags unless of course you are in a state with a bottle deposit like Michigan which is 10 cents and a savvy housekeeper or maintenance man will grab those and at end of day stop at the grocery store and return them for extra money. Folks please again take your diapers out of the room and dispose of them. As far as leaking diapers if yours leaks time for you to buy better diapers or learn how to apply them right with first preparing them for use beforehand by folding them in half longwise.

I usually leave a hotel room set up for success for the housekeepers by removing the sheets and rolling them in a ball also the used towels and washcloths are balled up next to the sheets on the floor by the door. Then I fold the bedspread and pile the pillows on a chair next to the bed. And then I of course remove my own trash. all the housekeeper has to do is place a new bag in the can and go on cleaning the room. Remember to leave the room better than you got it and you will be awarded next time you come and stay.
And the best advice of all check the room for bed bugs before you bring a single piece of luggage into the room. Check mattresses headboards chairs luggage racks dressers and sofa's with hide a beds and closets too behind pictures also. And pull out the filter from the Heat/ AC unit if its dirty take it to front desk for cleaning if you clear the room for you to stay in it .

So placing diapers in a bag, into another bag, into the bag that lines the room trashcan isn't enough bags for you, eh? How many is enough?

PlotTwist said:
So placing diapers in a bag, into another bag, into the bag that lines the room trashcan isn't enough bags for you, eh? How many is enough?
eh? Unless you want your colored or plain white diaper showing in a clear trash bag that the housekeepers put into the hotel room trash cans eh?
Thing is a incontinent person in my view has to have a sense of decorum when diapered and tossing out your soiled diapers and it is to think of the person whom is cleaning your room and others eh?
Be like having a clear piece of luggage or clear cardboard box to lug with you or ship your diapers to you in right eh?
saying here ye here ye I wear diapers and my diaper is in the trash yippie eh?......eh? LOL Iz less than 100 Miles from the Canuck border in the USA eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back