Trouble obtaining diapers...I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4saremyfavourite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, I have a little bit of a predicament and I thought some of you guys could maybe help.

I want to obtain a decent stack of diapers—Abdl or “medical”(e.g. Dry 24/7 or Abena Abri-Form).
I don’t have a lot of money to spend so I need to get the best value(e.g. best absorbency for price).
I live in Canada.
I live with my parents, don’t have a car, and live around a 20-30min bike ride away from town(7 min drive).
Almost all places in town only carry goodnites and pull-up style diapers though(there may be a few places that carry decent medical diapers though.
I get home at least 40min before anyone else in my family does but they usually don’t get home until around an hour after that.
They’re also always home on weekends.
If I order online, there is a chance that it will not be delivered to my house and instead a pick-up area.
If it gets sent to said pick-up area, I will need my parents to be present and they would be extremely suspicious if I ordered a package without telling them.
I do not have amazon prime or a trial due to a glitch with an amazon echo.
The only person that does have amazon prime is my mother and you can probably see the issue there

So that’s my predicament. I really hope someone c

Not as far as I know, thanks!

Any other advice?(e.g. brand/other factors)

That seems like a tough situation for getting a good product. I don't have any helpful purchase suggestions for you. What does occur to me is a caution: the situation you describe doesn't sound like a good one for keeping a bulky secret like this. Maybe you have it covered but it looks like you have few resources, little solo time, and your private spaces are limited (no car, for example). If you do figure something out, for your own sake, please be reasonably assured that you can keep this to yourself.

I know what it's like to want this so badly but it's not worth it if it stresses you and your family. If you need to keep it under wraps, be sure you can reasonably do so. That includes discreet storage, wear, and disposal. Think it all through lest down the road, you'll be making an "I Got Found Out. What Now?" thread.

Been there a few times and I can't say I blame you.

I honestly wish I could help you.

When I was younger and in your shoes, I would get my parents to drop me off at the library. After about an hour, I would go the the convenience store and buy what I needed. I had a backpack that was big enough to accommodate a package of 20 diapers.

As far as your situation goes, there is no real easy answer. Obviously, I could be "that guy" and say to wait until you move out before you get into diapers or at the very least wait until you have your own car, because that opens up the option of storing your diapers in your car, assuming only you use it in that case. Your only other option is to order the diapers anyways and if your parents ask about what you are ordering it's best to come clean about your reasoning, don't lie as that usually could put you in a worse and/or more embarrassing situation.

Good luck overcoming your challenges here and I hope for the best!

Maybe you can ask a store or a pharmacy in town to order what you want, and then pick it up with your bike.

Btw: why do you need your parents to be present when you get your package from a pick-up area?

Makubird said:
Maybe you can ask a store or a pharmacy in town to order what you want, and then pick it up with your bike.

Btw: why do you need your parents to be present when you get your package from a pick-up area?

Insufficient ID. I have my passport, but I need a drivers licence or some other form of sufficient ID(which I currently don’t have)

- - - Updated - - -

FootiePJ said:
When I was younger and in your shoes, I would get my parents to drop me off at the library. After about an hour, I would go the the convenience store and buy what I needed. I had a backpack that was big enough to accommodate a package of 20 diapers.

Not a bad idea, but as I said earlier, the pharmacies don’t really have the best stock(depends or goodnites are really my two options)

- - - Updated - - -

I also forgot to mention that there was one day where I biked into town, went to a rexal, purchased some goodnites as well as some Z-quill. When I left my parents weren’t home but when I got back, they were. At which time I came inside said hello, and went straight to my room. I was redoing part of it and so I quickly got them out and put them under the sheet. My father, who had found it suspicious that I had gone straight to my room had been following me and when he came in a said I had bought some Z-quil. He was a bit angry that I had bought drugs, Ute I had only slept 3 hours over the past 4 days(not exaggerating) he took them and when he left, I undid the package and hid the diapers in between my 2 mattress’. Right now I only have two left and that’s why I want to try and obtain good quality diapers.

It may not be a bad idea to get an ID card then. Though I'm not sure exactly where you are at but I'm sure you'd have to get some paperwork together. In my state we have to have our birth certificates as one of our documents. There is also the cost of the ID but it is good for several years here.

How is your passport not valid ID? Does it not have your address on it? Mine expired - maybe I should get one of them new 10 year ones now, but i don't really have money to travel so I'm not sure it's worth it

totters said:
How is your passport not valid ID? Does it not have your address on it? Mine expired - maybe I should get one of them new 10 year ones now, but i don't really have money to travel so I'm not sure it's worth it

Yes, ID needs to have my address on it, rip me. Although I did think of something, I may be moving into the city next year to live with my dad, if my Mum can’t get a transfer, she and my brother will stay here. My dad has to travel a lot for his job so when he’s away, I may be able to bike to a pharmacy and pick up some tena stretch ultra briefs or maybe just some of those regular, non-brand blue diapers(these are actually pretty cheap: 25=$10). So I may not have to wait as long as I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back