Plastic pants that don't chafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seek

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Well, posting this because I realized that it does indeed matter the quality of the plastic pants you get in the long run. I got several ANGELA Vinyl Pants from RearZ due to them being on a discount at the time, but while they did indeed work, there's a major issue of chafing around the waist and leg openings. Mainly the material is sharply folded inwards, and is also accordion'd against the elastic band, which can be painful when it scrapes against my skin. Safe to say, I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse...

Which now the thing I wish to know is, what are a good pair of plastic pants that feel comfortable around the waist and leg openings? One thing I'm definitely watching out for is roominess, as I kinda like to stack it thick when it comes to diapers, as well as plain designs (preferably white), as I'm not really into childish designs I'll admit. If you have any good advice on material choice, I'm all ears as well.

I’ve had the same problems with the plastic pants I’ve had so far. Can’t remember names though. But I recently ordered some rubber pants from eBay and they’re great. They are tight, and a bit of a pain to take off, but nothing that a bit of powder can’t solve. They were about $20. If you’re not allergic to latex, I’d highly reccomend them.

Reactions: chuck
I like the leakmaster plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com, they are on sale right now. They have several different models. They are comfortable and I am very happy with them.

Pants seem to have always been an issue, for everyone.
I'm currently mostly using the Haian white pants, as available from Amazon. The white ones because they seem to be more resilient to creams; I'm loathe to fork out to try any of the other colours in case they're different and lesser; I've found one that works, so I'll stick with it.
The XL and XXL are very generous, but the L seems to be a significant step down and more like what's often passed off as M (which we know would then make it child/youth size 😆).
The material is a bit sticky to the skin, so I rest the elastics upon my nappy liner or the nappy itself (depending on nappy size). The elastications themselves are gentle with no biting into the skin.
Delivery is usually quicker than estimated (3 days was the quickest) and with no import taxes when bought through Amazon.

I use the Gary Wear Active Briefs and have been using them moderately for a few years
(though I tend to skip wearing them in the summer usually, too hot. only for definite required occasions)
Haven't had any notable chafing issues yet, more issues from the diaper most times than the cover :p

They have a pretty smooth PUL inner and a fabric outer, are pretty light weight, come in a bunch of sizes and are available in a bunch of different colors.
Here's the page: https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/diaper-covers/garywear-active-briefs-diaper-covers.html

I like the Haian pvc vinyl pants, too. [various colors] They fit well and don't leak or chafe. I usually wear them with my cloth diapers. They are often available on ebay and cost about $5/pair. example: P005-6T. I always put powder inside of them before I put them on, too. You can get them in snap-on or pull-on styles also.

Last edited:
I'm also a fan of the gary activewear pul pants. No chafing, no cutting into the skin, a much better contoured fit, and they are way more durable with a much longer usable life span.

Jonnythepony said:
I use the Gary Wear Active Briefs and have been using them moderately for a few years
(though I tend to skip wearing them in the summer usually, too hot. only for definite required occasions)
Haven't had any notable chafing issues yet, more issues from the diaper most times than the cover :p

They have a pretty smooth PUL inner and a fabric outer, are pretty light weight, come in a bunch of sizes and are available in a bunch of different colors.
Here's the page: https://www.northshorecare.com/diapers/diaper-covers/garywear-active-briefs-diaper-covers.html

The PUL pants look quite nice, as I kinda made the mistake of washing the vinyl ones I have, and they kinda got rigid after that (I found out after the fact that soaps will ruin them after the fact). Those GaryWare Active pants look quite nice and I like it having a high rising back end, but I'm probably gonna have to wait a while before I can get some due to expenses.

Vinyl is out of the question, as I have no idea how to clean them without destroying their pliability. But overall, I think I've possibly found the next pair of waterproof pants I'll be aiming for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back