Leakmaster PUL Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky129

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Recently my pul pants started weeping through almost like they are sweating. Has this happened to others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has for me. That was when the pants got pretty old and worn down. The pul waterproofing layer began to crack apart just a little, and that created pinhole leaks.

Hold one layer of the pants up to the light and check to see if there is any light coming through. That will be your indication it's time to get a new pair. Though for the time being you could use a little super glue to close up that one hole.

I got 3 years out of my In Control PUL panties from Changing Times Diaper Co.
Never had a leak problem. Replaced them from elastic wearing out.

I tried PUL pants, I didn't like them at all. Regular plastic pants work well for me if I'm wearing a diaper under them.
Mine didn't really do much better than regular plastic pants, plus they got dirty and smelly, ie the non coated part of the ones I had.

That happened with my PUL pants also. I generally don't wear them and stay with my Haian plastic pvc pants over my cloth diapers which keep me dry almost all the time.

I think PUL plastic pants are a convenience. They're easy to clean because you can drop them in the washing machine. But eventually, they will become porous. Regular plastic pants will only hold up for a month or two unless they are the very thick kind, so each has its advantages. I've been wearing PUL plastic pants for quite a while and I like them.

MickeyM said:
I tried PUL pants, I didn't like them at all. Regular plastic pants work well for me if I'm wearing a diaper under them.
Mine didn't really do much better than regular plastic pants, plus they got dirty and smelly, ie the non coated part of the ones I had.

Question, what kind of pul pants did you try? If it was the Salk brand, then yeah those are horrible enough I wouldn't put it past them to leak even before they get wet. The Gary brand though, generally seems to work for most everyone (aside from how the feel).

Probably the Gary brand.
I'm biased though, 80's gerber plastic pants. Best ones ever, always looking for the best imitations. The PUL just didnt do it for me, and functionally like I said they got dirty, and they cost as much as 10 plastic pants. I wear out 1 of those a year vs the PUL which lasted about as long.

MickeyM said:
Probably the Gary brand.
I'm biased though, 80's gerber plastic pants. Best ones ever, always looking for the best imitations. The PUL just didnt do it for me, and functionally like I said they got dirty, and they cost as much as 10 plastic pants. I wear out 1 of those a year vs the PUL which lasted about as long.

If you like the Gerber plastic pants, something I like, you might like the Leakmaster high back plastic pants. They're thin and soft but you have to be careful how you wash them. I rinse mine out in the shower with just running water, no soap. Then I hang them to dry on a plastic hanger. They will get prematurely hard and brittle if any petroleum product comes in contact with them. Unfortunately that includes skin oil and baby lotion as well as soap and detergent.

I've had a few different ones. I had a Leakmaster Deluxe Vinyl Pants, really liked those. But I ruined them, too many bowel movements, permanent smell, and I used lots of soap to try to get the smell out. Prolly going to get them again soon. But I have a ton of baby-pants blue stars, I got like 30 of them for a huge discount once. I have more then I need lol. I like textured ones, white, ie like gerber. I in fact yesterday snapped up something on etsy, hand made diaper cover with cloth on it, characters. The vinyl appears to be from some sort of stock, I like it though, reminds me of gerber.
Can't wait until I can get my new one over a diaper, been months since I had time to put one on.

I started using PUL diaper covers because my barrier got on the vinyl ones and, no matter how good they were, they only lasted 2 to 4 weeks. I have used PUL from Gary Wear, leakmaster and Salk. Gary Wear and Leakmaster are about the same. Only difference I could tell from them is that leakmaster are slightly more roomy which helps when you wear a large disposable as I do much of the time. So leakmaster s are my favorite so far. Don’t get the Salks unless you need side snap, and even then, I might go with vinyl over them. Even though Salks are $7 to $10 less a pair, they are made of a cheaper material, they don’t have as good a fit as the others and the elastic around the waist and legs is suspect.

I just ordered a pair of Klienerts. Just waiting for them to arrive to try out

Finally, I recommend wearing a pair of cotton boxer briefs between your diaper and your plastic pants. This way there’s something to soak up the leaks before they can get under the leg bands and show up on your pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back