Problems with throwing away disposables / are cloth nappies the way forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABGeoffie said:
I think nothing but tumble dryer then, keep them fluffy and soft :) Thanks for the tip.

Remember, no fabric softener on your cloth diapers — it blocks the absorbency. The smell-nice in wash boosters are fine, though. I like Dreft.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Vinegar works for the smell. It neutralizes ammonia. Keep in mind, pads and tampons aren't meant to be flushed. Flushable nappy liners, are, so, you'd probably be fine. I'm not omniscient, so, I don't know, but. . .

Front closure works well for most bABies/Littles, because most will lie still, even for a just wet change. I don't. I'd fight to get out of that turtle position, until a poop got me.

Tell me about your washer and dryer.

By the way, the fact that you're avatar image is a biobaby, is a bit. . . Off-putting. Don't want you to get in trouble. Don't feel too bad. My first avatar image was a reborn doll, and they look really realistic, so, I messaged a moderator, and just asked. We actually both agreed it was kinda creepy, and the only reason I got it in the first place, was because it looked like me as a baby. I ended up changing it to baby Sinclair, and Earl, from Dinosaurs, for a while.

Today was coffee morning, and it's still Shabbat, so, other than a nice, easygoing day, nothing more planned.

Oh, wait. You're a hook and loop person. Okay, then, tip. Laundry tabs, so the hook and loop doesn't stick to everyf%$*ingthing in the laundry!View attachment 30883, and hook and loop can be loud enough to wake a bABy up.

Thanks for the heads up about my avatar, have since changed it, better now?

I love being changed, could lay there all day while mummy cleans me up and changes my nappy, but i can see how the cheeky and playful side of things could be good too, like a naughty baby not cooperating with mummy.

My washing machine is pretty new and modern, one of the LG ones with direct drive motor sat in my kitchen, front loading like most in the UK. The dryer however is pretty old and out in the garage, does a great job though, nice warm, soft and fuzzy bedding / towels every time :) - Anything specific about them you needed to know?

Great idea about the laundry tabs! Will invest in some as soon as I get some cloth nappies!

Busy day tomorrow, family visits and need to work on my motorbike a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

chamberpot said:
This...I keep cloth diapers submerged in a bucket of water with a couple of cups of vinegar in it between wash days

Thanks for the tip chamberpot, wll try the buckets with lids first, if the smell is an issue I will try the water and vinegar option :)

- - - Updated - - -

OmiOMy said:
Remember, no fabric softener on your cloth diapers — it blocks the absorbency. The smell-nice in wash boosters are fine, though. I like Dreft.

Yea I heard it coats the fibres, which is exactly what we don't want with a nappy! We don't really use in wash boosters here in the UK, will stick to washing powder and tumble drying. Cheers for the tip :)

you will only try the bucket with a lid for a few days if you don't add the water and vinegar .. the ammonia smell will get strong really fast with wet diapers covered in a bucket by themselves I think you will find

ABGeoffie said:
Hello!

I live in the UK and in the area I live in we have strict rubbish (trash) collection rules. Our general household waste is collected once a week and we have a small bin, this bin has to have its lid closed to be collected and the binmen will not take any additional bags.

I am in the UK too and this was a concern when I first became incontinent. I called the council and asked them for an additional bin, which they provided. They didn't ask to see a prescription or doctor's note (though I suspect some other councils might).

I do also have concerns about the environmental impact but switching permanently to cloth isn't really an option for me; I have no tumble-dryer and it doesn't stop raining often enough in Manchester to dry them outside. Plus, changing a wet cloth nappy at work would be impossible. That said, I do occasionally use cloth at home, usually at night. I have some double-layer terry pants and I use them with inserts. The terry pants are much easier to use than folded nappies and they're also a lot cheaper.

ABGeoffie said:
Slomo, not sure I agree with your description of Crinklz. They are indeed a good quality, thick and absorbent nappy. I have had many packs over the years. They are rated as 4200ml absorbency, which is about average for an ABDL nappy. Here is a list by absorbency of nappies targeted at the ABDL market.

Tykables - Overnights / Galactic = 5500ml
Dotty Diaper Company - Dotty the Pony / Pride / Super Boompa = 5000ml
Cuddlz - Nursery / Bright Days = 5000ml
ABU - Space / Little Paws = 5000ml
Rearz - Safari / Princess Pink / Rebel / Seduction = 5000ml
Bambino - Magnifico = 4500ml
Fabine - Dreamlike Pink / Dreamlike Blue / Teddy Pink / Teddy Blue) = 4500ml
ABU - Kiddo = 4500ml
Crinklz = 4200ml
ABU - Cushies v2 / Lavender = 4000ml
Bambino - Classico / Bellissimo / Teddy = 4000ml
MyDiaper - Animals / Black / Blue / Pink / Yellow / Coloured / Sexy = 4000ml
Tykables - Waddler = 4000ml
ABU - BareBum / Super Dry Kids v2 = 3500ml
ABU - Preschool = 3000ml

In comparison to the ABDL nappies here is a couple of nappies aimed at the Incontinence market:

iD Expert - Slip Maxi = 4500ml
Tena - Slip Ultima = 4000ml
Abena - Abri Form L4 = 4000ml
Lille Healthcare - Suprem Fit Maxi - 3500ml

These are based on a size large, as the surface area of the pulp / gel mix will increase or decrease the absorbency respectively.

As for price, guess that depends where you buy yours from and what shipping is like, for me any of the ABDL nappies work out to around the £2 per nappy, or $2.76. Some are just below that mark, some higher, it is an average.

My current setup uses an own-brand nappy from a local supplier, plain white cloth backed, 2500ml absorbency and £0.54 per nappy. Add to that 3x 610ml booster pads = 4330ml in total and 3x 0.12 = £0.90. Then there is the baby nappy, I like Aldi's Mamia size 6, back to front so the tapes stick to my adult nappy at the front and a small amount of white cloth tape sticking the top of the baby nappy to the lower crotch area of my adult nappy. Add another £0.12 to bring the total to £1.02 per nappy, maybe £1.05 or £1.10 to include the cloth tape. That is about $1.52.

So my combination of pads and nappies works out to have 130ml more absorbency than Crinklz does (not including the absorbency of the baby nappy, which to be honest is almost able to take a whole wetting and there is a far greater gel to pulp ratio than any adult nappy I have tried, really nice squish feel to them when wet!), and is around £0.90 or $1.24 cheaper. Also due to the added layers of all the pads and nappies, it feels a lot bulkier and more waddle-like when dry and when wet than wearing Crinklz.

Don't misunderstand me, I do like Crinklz, and I have tried almost every sinlge nappy on the UK /EU market, my favourite being ABU's Cushies v2, it's just my nappy and pad combination works great for me - it might be a disaster for other ABDL's.

Switching to a single ABDL nappy, Crinklz for example, will give me less total absorbency, cost more and be less waddle-like. Yes, it will also save a little room in the rubbish bin, but not a enough to justify the waddle loss, the cost or the lower absorbency. Also my bin would still be overflowing at the end of the week, just a bit less over flowing than it is now.

I think the capacity of your bins and bin bags must be greater than mine, either that or you have found some magical way to shrink wet nappies! :)

Oh, I also drink a lot more than 2l a day, probably around 2l while at work and then around 2l or 3l when home. More if I am having a few beer, say on a weekend.

I really like the west squishy feeling and will usually hold myself until I get home, to wet the baby nappy as soon as I put it on, leaving my adult nappy and pad combination to take the remaining 2l - 3l.

I guarantee you Crinklz absorbs more than double what Abena does. Most of those ratings are taken directly from the manufactures who test their diapers in a lab- by laying it flat and slowly adding water till it spills over. Real world conditions are simply not like that, so the vast majority of those ratings are complete bs. Crinklz absolutely does absorb more before leaking that any ABU, or Bambinos type of diaper too. It swells a LOT more than any other diaper out there too.

You also have to realize that added boosters and baby diapers will push your adult diaper away from your body. This will lift the leak guards up enough to cause a gap, which will then cause premature leaks. Yes the boosters will allow you wet that much more, but you simply will not be able to saturate all of it. And when (not if) you do leak, there will be that much more there to leak out. 99.99% of the time you are better off taking that same cost for the boosters and simply incorporating that cost into slightly better diapers.

And heck, you were the one looking for a more economical and realistic solution to your upcoming trash problem. I also guarantee this will create much less trash than your current setup. Now will it be quite as bulky, probably not but it won't be thin either.

I must have been a good boy,my diapers came with tabs .i hate front loaders they have not figured out yet how not rust or how to dry the seals that get moldy ,i use a 25 year old veteran top loader (considering how many diaper it's washed it Is the head of the joint chiefs by now )

With diapers you either run a wet pail or dry pail , either one can get pretty stinky , i prefer the wet pail myself instead of rinsing them and throwing them in the pail ,you can shove them right in .but never exceed a three day wash cycle ,and do not use those oxygen booster cleaners they are realy bad for diapers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ABGeoffie said:
Thanks for the heads up about my avatar, have since changed it, better now?

I love being changed, could lay there all day while mummy cleans me up and changes my nappy, but i can see how the cheeky and playful side of things could be good too, like a naughty baby not cooperating with mummy.

My washing machine is pretty new and modern, one of the LG ones with direct drive motor sat in my kitchen, front loading like most in the UK. The dryer however is pretty old and out in the garage, does a great job though, nice warm, soft and fuzzy bedding / towels every time :) - Anything specific about them you needed to know?

Great idea about the laundry tabs! Will invest in some as soon as I get some cloth nappies!

Busy day tomorrow, family visits and need to work on my motorbike a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the tip chamberpot, wll try the buckets with lids first, if the smell is an issue I will try the water and vinegar option :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I heard it coats the fibres, which is exactly what we don't want with a nappy! We don't really use in wash boosters here in the UK, will stick to washing powder and tumble drying. Cheers for the tip :)
Much better now. You answered what I wondered. Dry pail for you. Wet pail is really hard with a front loader. I very much wanna cooperate. It's just, for me, being flat on my back, being charged, scares me a bit. Deja vu isn't always good, so I just boost out, and into a dry one, if I'm just wet.

chamberpot said:
you will only try the bucket with a lid for a few days if you don't add the water and vinegar .. the ammonia smell will get strong really fast with wet diapers covered in a bucket by themselves I think you will find

Yea I think the smell will be pretty bad, but the lids on these things are pretty heavy duty, the seal is watertight too. Hopefully this will contain the smell until laundry day. I don't mind the strong smell then, and I will be the only person in the house during this time :)

If it's too bad I will use the water and vinegar method, but that means I have the first drain the buckets and nappies in the sink first, then put them in the washing machine, which is not that bad really, just a little more effort every laundry day is all :)

- - - Updated - - -

downtide said:
I am in the UK too and this was a concern when I first became incontinent. I called the council and asked them for an additional bin, which they provided. They didn't ask to see a prescription or doctor's note (though I suspect some other councils might).

I do also have concerns about the environmental impact but switching permanently to cloth isn't really an option for me; I have no tumble-dryer and it doesn't stop raining often enough in Manchester to dry them outside. Plus, changing a wet cloth nappy at work would be impossible. That said, I do occasionally use cloth at home, usually at night. I have some double-layer terry pants and I use them with inserts. The terry pants are much easier to use than folded nappies and they're also a lot cheaper.

Hi downtide,

Can I ask, did they supply you with a bin specifically for nappy waste? As in keeping it separate from your normal household waste? Or did they just increase your normal household bin size? Might have to give this a try if it will get me a bigger bin!

I feel your pain with the rain! I think its the same from most of the UK, if not all!

I like the look of the terry towelling pants, are they the pull on style? Any good suppliers here in the UK?

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
I guarantee you Crinklz absorbs more than double what Abena does. Most of those ratings are taken directly from the manufactures who test their diapers in a lab- by laying it flat and slowly adding water till it spills over. Real world conditions are simply not like that, so the vast majority of those ratings are complete bs. Crinklz absolutely does absorb more before leaking that any ABU, or Bambinos type of diaper too. It swells a LOT more than any other diaper out there too.

You also have to realize that added boosters and baby diapers will push your adult diaper away from your body. This will lift the leak guards up enough to cause a gap, which will then cause premature leaks. Yes the boosters will allow you wet that much more, but you simply will not be able to saturate all of it. And when (not if) you do leak, there will be that much more there to leak out. 99.99% of the time you are better off taking that same cost for the boosters and simply incorporating that cost into slightly better diapers.

And heck, you were the one looking for a more economical and realistic solution to your upcoming trash problem. I also guarantee this will create much less trash than your current setup. Now will it be quite as bulky, probably not but it won't be thin either.

Hi Slomo,

You are correct, my figures are taken from manufactures and distributors, and again, I agree these ratings are on the high side as they are biased, trying to sell their product. Their testing is indeed like you say, flat surface with a liquid slowley poured in until it leaks - far from normal use, which greatly differs for genders and personal use / fitting.

But don't forget this is also true for Crinklz, their 4200ml rating is obtained the same way as the other nappies. Their rating is just as much bs as the other nappies.

I have worn all of the nappies listed, with the exception to the Tykables brand (that will be changing as soon as my order arrives!) and can confirm there are other ADBL nappies that are thicker and have a greater absorbency. Not because the manufacturer says so, but because I have experienced it myself, first hand.

I understand you clearly love your Crinklz, who wouldn't! They are a great nappy and I enjoy wearing them too! Which is why I can understand your bias towards them, but being frank with you and 100% honest, there are thicker, more absorbent ADBL nappies out there. Give them a try, you might find another brand you love too! If not, no problem Crinklz do a great job, not like your missing out :)

I have been wearing my combination of booster pads, adult nappy and baby nappy for over a year now, I am very familiar with how it feels, fits and works. The only time I have experienced any leaks with it, is when it has either been used past its capacity (extended wearing) or when I have not put it on correctly. The leg guards on this local own brand nappy are much higher than some other nappies, my 3 booster pads fits well within them and the tight, close fitting way I wear ensures they are exactly where they need to be when I wet. I wear the baby nappy over the top of the adult nappy, not sure if you missed that, but it has nothing to do with pushing my adult nappy away from my body.

As already mentioned, I have worn and used Crinklz a lot before, they are far from small and compact, like you correctly mention. The rolled up size of a wet Crinklz is only SLIGHTLY smaller then the rolled up size of my current nappy combination. Either way continuing with just disposables will cause my already fill bin to be overflowing, and hence my post. Switching to Crinklz does not fix the problem, actually it just creates more problems, like less absorbency, less bulk and greater cost.

Also, please stop assuming you know things that you don't, so far you have:

-Some how worked out how much mass my current nappy setup takes
-It's fitting and leakage possibilities
-The size of my bin
-The size of my bin bags
-The cost of my nappy setup
-That Crinklz is the thickest and best nappy in the world

While your view of Crinklz is your own opinion and I know we all have different tastes, even though the figures and my own experience of them differs to yours, I do respect your opinion and preference towards them - each to their own :)

I just ask that you stop assuming details about my own experiences and making false claims and guaranteeing things that simple are not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Tetra said:
I must have been a good boy,my diapers came with tabs .i hate front loaders they have not figured out yet how not rust or how to dry the seals that get moldy ,i use a 25 year old veteran top loader (considering how many diaper it's washed it Is the head of the joint chiefs by now )

With diapers you either run a wet pail or dry pail , either one can get pretty stinky , i prefer the wet pail myself instead of rinsing them and throwing them in the pail ,you can shove them right in .but never exceed a three day wash cycle ,and do not use those oxygen booster cleaners they are realy bad for diapers.

I have never seen a top loading machine here in the UK, this it is one of the differences between our countries :)

Thanks for the tips about oxygen boosters, we do often use Oxy based stain removers, so will remember to keep them out of the nappy wash, glad you told me to be honest, I was planning on using them to keep the white nappies bright white and new looking. Any tips for getting stains out / keeping them bright white then?

I think 2 - 3 day wash cycles will work great for me, Friday before anyone else is home, all set for the weekend, then Monday for the weekend buildup of nappies and finally Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Much better now. You answered what I wondered. Dry pail for you. Wet pail is really hard with a front loader. I very much wanna cooperate. It's just, for me, being flat on my back, being charged, scares me a bit. Deja vu isn't always good, so I just boost out, and into a dry one, if I'm just wet.

I could rinse a wet pail in the sink, it will be an extra step each time, but if its better then I guess I don't see the harm?

Oh, I understand now.

Really looking forward to testing out all this info, still got a decent supply of disposables, and I just had to order some of the Tykables I found while researching nappies. So will be a few weeks before I'm ready to order. The extra time is nice to make sure I order what looks best for me :)

You got any nice little / AB items recently?

Reusable diapers can work really fine.

I also tested them as an alternative but ended up using disposables because of convenience(and to keep the bed dry during nights requiered a way too big package...). I now keep them as an emergency backup. ^^
But if you want to switch to minimize the trash they can totally replace the need of disposables at home. I found out that you really do not neccessarily need these facny overpriced stuff like Texamed DryMed or Bambinex Nappynex. A good, snug fitting plastic pant and some generic cotton diapers and maybe one of these washable boosters just work wonders. The only downside is the bigger size of the diaper.

Cheers

LifeInPlastic said:
Reusable diapers can work really fine.

I also tested them as an alternative but ended up using disposables because of convenience(and to keep the bed dry during nights requiered a way too big package...). I now keep them as an emergency backup. ^^
But if you want to switch to minimize the trash they can totally replace the need of disposables at home. I found out that you really do not neccessarily need these facny overpriced stuff like Texamed DryMed or Bambinex Nappynex. A good, snug fitting plastic pant and some generic cotton diapers and maybe one of these washable boosters just work wonders. The only downside is the bigger size of the diaper.

Cheers

Hi LifeInPlastic,

Thanks for the info, yeah the bulk difference is noticeable, I wear disposables when in public and plan to continue this, throwing them away while out. But cloth at home, or at least to incorporate it into my disposable routine. The bulk adds to my waddle effect, which I love, for me, lots of waddle is baby-like, I mean have you ever seen a small baby in a nappy? The nappy is usually HUGE on them. So bigger bulkier nappies is a plus for me, not a negative :)

ABGeoffie said:
Hi LifeInPlastic,

Thanks for the info, yeah the bulk difference is noticeable, I wear disposables when in public and plan to continue this, throwing them away while out. But cloth at home, or at least to incorporate it into my disposable routine. The bulk adds to my waddle effect, which I love, for me, lots of waddle is baby-like, I mean have you ever seen a small baby in a nappy? The nappy is usually HUGE on them. So bigger bulkier nappies is a plus for me, not a negative :)

In that case you are bound for quite some fun. ^^

ABGeoffie said:
I could rinse a wet pail in the sink, it will be an extra step each time, but if it's better, then I guess I don't see the harm?
Well, even in a dry pail method, used cloth is rinsed, for grime reduction's sake, but, wet pail, means the nappies are floating in water, sometimes, a bit of vinegar, and, sometimes, other things, like essential oils. With a top loader, fine, just dump the pail into the washer, diapers, rinse water, and all, but, with a front loader, without some mental gymnastics I have yet to figure out, you'd have to grab each sopping wet, very heavy, nappy, and put it in. Then what with the rinse water? I'd like to try a wet pail, at least once, so, if you figure a way around this, let me know. Oh, yeah, it maybe easier for you, as you aren't going full time stash mode. Duh, me.

Slomo has tried just about everything. What works for him, works, because, his incontinence is a bit unusual. They tried to fix it, made it worse, tried to fix it, made it worse, tried to fix it, he damn-near died. Yeah, he's tried everything.

Overtly Little items are usually a, "few times a year," thing. I have a paci, named George, Scrrrruffy, my winter hat and scarf sporting puppy plushy, his huge baby brother, Stefan the sloth, and Kelsey bear. All the others went to a family at mom's work, whose kids lost everything in a fire.

ABGeoffie said:
Yea I think the smell will be pretty bad, but the lids on these things are pretty heavy duty, the seal is watertight too. Hopefully this will contain the smell until laundry day. I don't mind the strong smell then, and I will be the only person in the house during this time :)

If it's too bad I will use the water and vinegar method, but that means I have the first drain the buckets and nappies in the sink first, then put them in the washing machine, which is not that bad really, just a little more effort every laundry day is all :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi downtide,

Can I ask, did they supply you with a bin specifically for nappy waste? As in keeping it separate from your normal household waste? Or did they just increase your normal household bin size? Might have to give this a try if it will get me a bigger bin!

I feel your pain with the rain! I think its the same from most of the UK, if not all!

I like the look of the terry towelling pants, are they the pull on style? Any good suppliers here in the UK?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Slomo,

You are correct, my figures are taken from manufactures and distributors, and again, I agree these ratings are on the high side as they are biased, trying to sell their product. Their testing is indeed like you say, flat surface with a liquid slowley poured in until it leaks - far from normal use, which greatly differs for genders and personal use / fitting.

But don't forget this is also true for Crinklz, their 4200ml rating is obtained the same way as the other nappies. Their rating is just as much bs as the other nappies.

I have worn all of the nappies listed, with the exception to the Tykables brand (that will be changing as soon as my order arrives!) and can confirm there are other ADBL nappies that are thicker and have a greater absorbency. Not because the manufacturer says so, but because I have experienced it myself, first hand.

I understand you clearly love your Crinklz, who wouldn't! They are a great nappy and I enjoy wearing them too! Which is why I can understand your bias towards them, but being frank with you and 100% honest, there are thicker, more absorbent ADBL nappies out there. Give them a try, you might find another brand you love too! If not, no problem Crinklz do a great job, not like your missing out :)

I have been wearing my combination of booster pads, adult nappy and baby nappy for over a year now, I am very familiar with how it feels, fits and works. The only time I have experienced any leaks with it, is when it has either been used past its capacity (extended wearing) or when I have not put it on correctly. The leg guards on this local own brand nappy are much higher than some other nappies, my 3 booster pads fits well within them and the tight, close fitting way I wear ensures they are exactly where they need to be when I wet. I wear the baby nappy over the top of the adult nappy, not sure if you missed that, but it has nothing to do with pushing my adult nappy away from my body.

As already mentioned, I have worn and used Crinklz a lot before, they are far from small and compact, like you correctly mention. The rolled up size of a wet Crinklz is only SLIGHTLY smaller then the rolled up size of my current nappy combination. Either way continuing with just disposables will cause my already fill bin to be overflowing, and hence my post. Switching to Crinklz does not fix the problem, actually it just creates more problems, like less absorbency, less bulk and greater cost.

Also, please stop assuming you know things that you don't, so far you have:

-Some how worked out how much mass my current nappy setup takes
-It's fitting and leakage possibilities
-The size of my bin
-The size of my bin bags
-The cost of my nappy setup
-That Crinklz is the thickest and best nappy in the world

While your view of Crinklz is your own opinion and I know we all have different tastes, even though the figures and my own experience of them differs to yours, I do respect your opinion and preference towards them - each to their own :)

I just ask that you stop assuming details about my own experiences and making false claims and guaranteeing things that simple are not true.

Again no. Like I already said. Crinkz is the ONLY diaper out there that can actually reach their rated capacity without leaking. I know this because I have personally tested most every diaper out there (that I can easily get in the US) in order to personally verify what they are capable of.

You say there is thicker and more capable diapers out there, but you don't say which ones. They certainly aren't any bambino, abu, fabines, or similar diapers. And while the new peekabu does come close, they are still thinner and less absorbent (though still just making the grade for premium). And that is verifiable fact, not my opinion.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Well, even in a dry pail method, used cloth is rinsed, for grime reduction's sake, but, wet pail, means the nappies are floating in water, sometimes, a bit of vinegar, and, sometimes, other things, like essential oils. With a top loader, fine, just dump the pail into the washer, diapers, rinse water, and all, but, with a front loader, without some mental gymnastics I have yet to figure out, you'd have to grab each sopping wet, very heavy, nappy, and put it in. Then what with the rinse water? I'd like to try a wet pail, at least once, so, if you figure a way around this, let me know. Oh, yeah, it maybe easier for you, as you aren't going full time stash mode. Duh, me.

Slomo has tried just about everything. What works for him, works, because, his incontinence is a bit unusual. They tried to fix it, made it worse, tried to fix it, made it worse, tried to fix it, he damn-near died. Yeah, he's tried everything.

Overtly Little items are usually a, "few times a year," thing. I have a paci, named George, Scrrrruffy, my winter hat and scarf sporting puppy plushy, his huge baby brother, Stefan the sloth, and Kelsey bear. All the others went to a family at mom's work, whose kids lost everything in a fire.

I am a bit obsessive with collecting things, so I can see a massive hoard of cloth nappies building up in no time! :) I will do some tests with wet and dry storage of wet cloth nappies and report back the findings with a front loading washing machine, again, will be in a few weeks time, at the earliest :)

I was going to message you back, but....

"Sorry, but you need to level up to 'Established Contributor' status, before you can send this PM."

I think I need to wait until Thursday or Friday to earn that status! ;p (Without ruining the point of a private message, I agree, had thought that myself, have a personal connection with what you mentioned and will share with you when I am allowed to reply some time this coming week!)

I love how you donated from your personal stash! Go you!!!! George sounds cool, I think I might need a new dummy now! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
Again no. Like I already said. Crinkz is the ONLY diaper out there that can actually reach their rated capacity without leaking. I know this because I have personally tested most every diaper out there (that I can easily get in the US) in order to personally verify what they are capable of.

You say there is thicker and more capable diapers out there, but you don't say which ones. They certainly aren't any bambino, abu, fabines, or similar diapers. And while the new peekabu does come close, they are still thinner and less absorbent (though still just making the grade for premium). And that is verifiable fact, not my opinion.

Slomo, I think we need to agree to disagree.

I have personally found several ABDL nappies that are thicker and more absorbent than Crinklz, also several that are thinner and less absorbent. I guess it goes down to personal fitting and personal use, so we may well be having different experiences with them. :)

Like you, I have extensively tested / used almost every singly nappy on the market, so I just think our personal use / situation is different and causing different results.

I'm not going to argue with you about it, we can just disagree and move on :)

ABGeoffie said:
I am a bit obsessive with collecting things, so I can see a massive hoard of cloth nappies building up in no time! :) I will do some tests with wet and dry storage of wet cloth nappies and report back the findings with a front loading washing machine, again, will be in a few weeks time, at the earliest :)

I was going to message you back, but....

"Sorry, but you need to level up to 'Established Contributor' status, before you can send this PM."

I think I need to wait until Thursday or Friday to earn that status! ;p (Without ruining the point of a private message, I agree, had thought that myself, have a personal connection with what you mentioned and will share with you when I am allowed to reply some time this coming week!)

I love how you donated from your personal stash! Go you!!!! George sounds cool, I think I might need a new dummy now! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo, I think we need to agree to disagree.

I have personally found several ABDL nappies that are thicker and more absorbent than Crinklz, also several that are thinner and less absorbent. I guess it goes down to personal fitting and personal use, so we may well be having different experiences with them. :)

Like you, I have extensively tested / used almost every singly nappy on the market, so I just think our personal use / situation is different and causing different results.

I'm not going to argue with you about it, we can just disagree and move on :)

So then, let me ask once again. Which ones have you found to be thicker -and more capable- than Crinklz. I'm always up for testing new diapers and giving them a good honest comparison.

To go back to the original question, I don't see cloth as a viable alternative. I think the real "way forward" here would be for ABGeoffie to get another bin. There has to be some way to dispose of the additional waste. What do the incontinent people in your community do? There has to be some recourse available for people in this situation.

A large mesh bag or like an old potato sack , wet pail and pull the diapers out to shove in a front loader in a large heavy package .

I will openly admit I did not read everyone post. Forgive me a lot of messages and some of it got off topic of the original question anyhow? I never faced this problem before? If you don't use that many diapers I would suggest secretly trying to put them in like a park garbage bin. Or anywhere else you can safely dispose of the garbage. But if it's almost everyday I don't know what your supposed to do? I'm glad that here things seem to be very different. I understand not being able to get a note if you don't actually have any health issues? Good luck and let us know how things go.

My two cents .
Velcro gets bad in dryer over time .
I like a tite diapers so Velcro tends to come loose over time .
So snaps are what I like but metal ones .
Still looking for a good diaper like the all in one baby's now wear.
Now cheep plastic pants will not last .
I buy at lest 6mil thickness and had them last year's.
No dryer hand wash with baby shampoo take a towel blot out wetness hang to dry.
Buy pull on pul diaper covers are great come in great prints too you can wash pul in washer hang dry.
Goodluck

INTrePid said:
To go back to the original question, I don't see cloth as a viable alternative. I think the real "way forward" here would be for ABGeoffie to get another bin. There has to be some way to dispose of the additional waste. What do the incontinent people in your community do? There has to be some recourse available for people in this situation.

Hi INTrePid,

I agree getting another bin would be an ideal situation, while I like cloth nappies, disposable are my favourite, so being able to continue as I am would be ideal. I think incontinent people living where I do are in a different situation to me, they will have regular deliveries from the NHS (national health service) and be registered as Incontinent, which means they could go to their local council and request a bigger bin due to this medical condition. I am not able to do that as its a lifestyle choice for me, I am not Incontinent.

Also, without having Incontinence on my medical file I am a bit nervous going to the council and pretending that I am. I mean if I tell them I need a bigger bin to dispose of my adult nappies they might ask to see my medical file or speak to my doctor to verify that I am indeed incontinent. For me to then back off and say no would make my ABDL situation a bit obvious I think? I am a secret ABDL, only my gf knows about it, and I plan on keeping it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Tetra said:
A large mesh bag or like an old potato sack , wet pail and pull the diapers out to shove in a front loader in a large heavy package .

Hi Tetra,

I was planning on using smaller individual buckets with lids / pales, emptying them into the bath and drain away the water and possiably rinsing them there, before wringing them out by hand and chucking them into the washing machine, do you think that would work?

- - - Updated - - -

I will openly admit I did not read everyone post. Forgive me a lot of messages and some of it got off topic of the original question anyhow? I never faced this problem before? If you don't use that many diapers I would suggest secretly trying to put them in like a park garbage bin. Or anywhere else you can safely dispose of the garbage. But if it's almost everyday I don't know what your supposed to do? I'm glad that here things seem to be very different. I understand not being able to get a note if you don't actually have any health issues? Good luck and let us know how things go.

Hi,

Thanks for the well wishes! Hopefully I will find a solution other than just cloth. But if I don't it's ok, I enjoy a good cloth nappy too :)

I guess I could throw the odd disposable nappy away while out, public bathroom toilets, other public bins, but as a long term regular for of disposable, this would not be viable really.

- - - Updated - - -

foxkits said:
My two cents .
Velcro gets bad in dryer over time .
I like a tite diapers so Velcro tends to come loose over time .
So snaps are what I like but metal ones .
Still looking for a good diaper like the all in one baby's now wear.
Now cheep plastic pants will not last .
I buy at lest 6mil thickness and had them last year's.
No dryer hand wash with baby shampoo take a towel blot out wetness hang to dry.
Buy pull on pul diaper covers are great come in great prints too you can wash pul in washer hang dry.
Goodluck

Hi foxkits,

6mm thick plastic pants?! :eek: really?

That over half a cm, do they really make them that thick? Even half of that would be extremely thick?

Does velcro go bad if you use laundry taps for during washing? I must admit I have never seen velcro ruined or deteriorate, why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back