How tight do you tape up your diaper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLPJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know that this is question that is hard to quantify. But I have been experimenting with different levels of tightness. I have alway gone with as tight as I can without ripping the tapes, I have lost a few in the process. But tonight I taped up tight at the waste and left some room for movement at legs. The elastics still have good contact all around but it feels totally different. The experience left me wondering what others do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to keep them somewhat relaxed but not too loose around the legs during up hours, and a little more snug at night.
I usually keep the waist somewhat tight to keep the diaper up and secure.

Reactions: jonny77
I prefer my diapers as snug and tight as possible throughout my “playtime”, mainly because it feels secure and helps a bit with absorbency and leaking

Reactions: Diaper44
I do the same as the OP with tight on the uppers and a little looser on the lowers, just enough on the lowers to keep the seat of the diaper snug to my bum.
I do notice especially with my night diaper that when I wake up in the morning its best to readjust all the tapes, I usually do this standing with my back to a wall, this helps with keeping the diaper up, I think undo all the tapes and re-diaper because its usually a little stretched out by morning. Surprisingly the new fit from the readjustment gives me that best satisfaction while wearing, thick from being a little wet and snug to my body, also by doing this I don't get any leaks and because I get the proper sags where there need to be sags, and tightness where I need tightness.

My big problem is that my hips and waist are the same size and I don’t have much of a bum. So if the top of my diaper is not tight on the top down it goes in just a few minutes of walking. Frustrating! a good onesie helps but I still need to be tight on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually wear a little more snug during the day to keep my diaper from slipping down and requiring "adjustments" periodically throughout the day. At night however, I add maybe an inch around the waist to get a more comfortable fit for overnight.

I'f you're having problems with "diaper slippage" during the day, I'd suggest you wear something with both front and rear waistband elastic. Velcro also makes adjustments much easier, and you don't have to worry about the tapes popping after you've moved them a time or two. (iirc all the velcro diapers available right now have front and rear elastic) It's very annoying to be diapered at work and have a tape that won't stay taped because you've moved it once or twice and now it won't stick properly anymore. Tykables has two different products out right now with velcro, the Waddler Overnights and the Little Builders. I'm trying out the Little Builders now, considering them for the position as my new daytime diaper. They're a thinner version of the overnight, making them a really good daytime / at-work diaper. (check out the reviews on their website, pretty much everyone is saying they're "the daytime diaper we've all been waiting for") Those are your thin and medium thickness options. Bambino's Magnifico is the thick velcro option. All three of these are smooth plastic shell btw, and I have yet to see a tape rip from the back of any of these models. (something that does happen from time to time with most adhesive tapes I've seen when taped tight)

I usually try to have it very snug, but I might have gone overboard with it because I have a rash now. I might be trying new things when I can wear again.

I aim for a nice snug fit. I find if they are slightly loose, the leg gathers don't contour as they should and that can sometimes compromise both the diapers functionality and my comfort. When it's snug, everything is where it should be, I can play, wiggle and crawl around for hours and it'll maintain it's fit and integrity.

Also, a diaper that gives a snug hug really throws me into that baby mindset, if it's too loose I can feel a little bit of adult worry and self-consciousness creeping back in, especially when it comes time to use it.

Snug, but never tight is how you should always go.

Generally speaking you need it to be snug all the way around your legs with no loose gaps. You should be able to easily fit one or maybe two fingers under the leg bands. The waist should also be somewhat snug. Here you should be able to easily get two to four fingers under the waist band (without sucking it in). Any more, and it's too loose.

As others have mentioned, too loose and you're just asking for leaks. Too tight though, and now you can expect tape problems. You also run the risk of reducing or cutting off blood flow.

I shoot for right in between. Tight enough it won't sag after a few hours but relaxed enough that the diaper moves with me. The top tapes are usually tighter than the bottom tapes. The bambino magnifico/ultra stretch are really comfortable and move easily but I am right in between sizes. The large is like the tapes almost over lap and the small/medium the tapes are to far out to the sides.

I make them snug when I first put them on. Sometimes I have to readjust when it starts to get loose.

As snugly as I can get them.

Since my shoulders are junk now and i can't lay down and put them on i now pretape and slid them on for the best fit.

Snug, snug, snug. Tight enough to where it won't sag on me but not loose. But I have learned that I've been doing my bottom tapes too tight as after a few hours I start getting uncomfortable. Tykables with the Velcro tapes help a lot in that case.

For my ABU Vintage style 2 tapes like SDKs/Cushies/Lavender I make them as tight as I can (without damaging them) with the top of the tape lined up with the top of the taping panel as I find the big tapes are really tough and it stops any top leaks without fear of cutting into the legs.

Amazing coincidence or brilliant designing I remember old fashioned baby/children’s nappies that ABU Vintage 2 tapes are reminiscent of also were better if they were fairly tightly tummy taped.

4 tape nappies though especially the bottom tapes I only make finger tight to avoid tape fails and making them too tight around my chunky legs.

Tight enough where the tapes don't end up undoing themselves. Especially when I REALLY depend (pun intended) on having my diapers be quiet and discreet. I had one instance where one of the tapes had loudly "popped" off, and the person I was living with heard it, asking "What the hell was that!?" This person was very... um, not into any fetish whatsoever and only liked straight vanilla sex, so he wouldn't have understood my diaper fetish very well, so thankfully I had some bubble wrap stuffers lying around, and so I popped a few to throw him off. Luckily, he never figured it out.

Plus, I don't think his then-wife would've understood either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm kinda new to the taping thing since I've really only worn pull-up style. But I try to get them as tight as I can without tearing anything.

CuddleWoozle said:
I'm kinda new to the taping thing since I've really only worn pull-up style. But I try to get them as tight as I can without tearing anything.

I believe you misunderstand. Everyone is saying only tight enough so the diaper and tapes stay in place. Too tight and you will tear the tape apart while wearing it. So in other words, snug.

I keep mine snug. Not too tight as they tapes will rip if you do too much movement or is the front of the diaper becomes bulky from wetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back