Abu PowerUps changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacorn221

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Howdy! So I've been using ABU Poweups for a while now. I just love how much they swell, and when you use them with the Tena Active Fit Ultimate, the swelling is almost unbelievable. However, already having stocked up on 'em, I nocticed the new ones I have feel lighter and thinner than the previous ones, as well as they swell less. Anyone else noticed this with them?

I noticed a change too, but the change seems to be in terms of appearance rather than performance.

As I recall when they were first coming out they were a tad thicker all around, but they were also narrower and longer meaning they took up less space in the crotch area, but extended further to the front and back of the diaper. Now they are a tad thinner, but they are also wider taking up a majority of the crotch area left to right and shorter front to back, meaning they fit perfectly down the middle of the diaper.

It really just seems to me that they shifted some of the material around. It would be nice to have some of them from before the change on hand to see for sure. If you consult the web site though, they boast the same absorbency and I haven't noticed a significant change in performance, they still swell quite nicely and give my diapers some extra mileage. It just seems they went from a longer, narrower and slightly thicker design to a wider and slightly thinner design.

Yeah I don't like the new ones. I loved how they swelled too. Totally agree. :(

I don’t seem to notice the wider part. I still have one of the old ones and when compared to the new one, they’re the same size and length. Just different thickness. Hope this is only a temporary thing, I love the swelling of the old ones!

- - - Updated - - -

Travis9800 said:
Yeah I don't like the new ones. I loved how they swelled too. Totally agree. :(

Hope this is just a temporary thing! If not I’ll try other ones. The new swelling and absorbency just isn’t the same.

We didn't make any changes to the PowerUps at all between batches. The absorbency has been tested to be the same on all batches. It's possible there was a section of a run that may have been short on SAP. I'd really like samples of the ones you have so that we can compare them to what we have in the warehouse. Can you contact us at [email protected]?

klo555 said:
We didn't make any changes to the PowerUps at all between batches. The absorbency has been tested to be the same on all batches. It's possible there was a section of a run that may have been short on SAP. I'd really like samples of the ones you have so that we can compare them to what we have in the warehouse. Can you contact us at [email protected]?

Klo555
Just wondering if we are going to see these in Australia sometime soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are working on getting these shipped to all of the zones outside of North America, we just don't have an exact timeline. We hope by the end of this year we will have them in stock everywhere else.

klo555 said:

You guys have the best customer service! Sure will! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back