Hidden little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweethoney

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Anyone else hate having to hide that they like ageplay or is it just me. I wish people could be more open about the things that they like. I mean is me wearing a dipper or using a pacifier really going to hurt anyone one. I would love to find some friends to talk to about things like this.

You are not alone on that one.

I think a lot of us wish that being an AB or a Little was more socially acceptable. It is an inconvenience to have to hide this side of myself from others until I get to know them and learn if they can be trusted and even then, as an AB or a Little you are always at risk of people not getting this and taking offence to it.

I agree with you, being an AB or Little doesn't hurt anything or anyone. The vast majority of us are very courteous and private with this interest and it can be a source of much happiness, fun and healing for many of us. The fact that others can deem being an AB or a Little as wrong ticks me off, I wish more people could just embrace a "don't knock it until you try it" mentality or take it upon themselves to become more educated on the subject.

Sadly, our society thinks that anything outside the realm of "normal" human behaviour (define that one for me) needs to be shunned or avoided, this can make it difficult for a lot of AB's and Littles to find understanding people to surround themselves with. Fortunately, I've been very selective with who I've told, as a result all of my friends accept and or understand this side of myself and treat me no differently for it and I've been lucky enough to have had very accepting girlfriends and partners who have actually played Mommy to me, so never underestimate that there are people out there who can understand us.

Also, if you are looking for friends to talk about this with, you'll be meeting a lot of them here on ADISC. If you have any close friends you think could understand, maybe work up some courage and confide in them when the time feels right, it's always a huge weight off your shoulders and a huge step towards self-acceptance when you tell someone and they accept it.

One more thing, Welcome to the site Sweethoney :)

Reactions: lil meow meow
The world at large is a very judgemental place. If anything is different from the way that they expect it to be they react quite negatively and in some cases violently. There is a woman that lives as though she and her husband are in Victorian times and she has gotten death threats. They are not hurting anyone, they are not forcing anyone to do things their way but still since they are different from what is perceived as normal people have a violent negative reaction.
The most interesting part is that since I have accepted myself for the little that I am I have discovered that EVERYONE that I have revealed this side of myself also has some sort of idiosyncrasy of their own. whether this be a sexual fetish, a personality quirk or an odd hobby. This means that likely the people that are having negative judgemental reactions to our way of life have something that others would have the same sort of reaction to.
I'll never understand people.
I do want to let you know that I have never been part of a more supportive, kind and friendly community than this one. You will likely find friends here. About 90% of the people on here are great to talk to and they don'r pass judgement, just give great advise especially if you are about to do something self destructive.
Have fun here and welcome. :hug:

LittleAndrea said:
There is a woman that lives as though she and her husband are in Victorian times and she has gotten death threats.

I want to find this woman and ask her to attend a wonderful tea party. Because I bet she could organize an AWESOME one.

I've come to the conclusion in my life that you can't please people. So I please MYSELF and everyone else can go do their own thing. XD I even tell people I work with "Worry about yourself." When they're being nosy.

Look at how much more tolerance is showing in the world as each year goes by though. In my workplace, racism doesn’t exist on any level. When I was in high school the discrimination was fading. People who have assorted sexualities are just people! From what I see on a daily basis, I see none of the discrimination. I love it. The people who don’t understand that people are different and different people like different things, aren’t worth forming a relationship with in ANY aspect (sexual, friendships, romantic, business, ANYTHING). I get sexualities are a bit different than abdl, but still. A more tolerant society is coming up IMO.

it'll be 100 years before abdl can be in the open

CuddleWoozle said:
I want to find this woman and ask her to attend a wonderful tea party. Because I bet she could organize an AWESOME one.

Her name is Sarah Chrisman they have a website thisvictorianlife.com

I feel like a lot of little behaviour can go unnoticed on a day to day basis. Especially as a girl you can get away with a lot. I don't try to hide my fascination with cute colourful things, I even baby-talk sometimes, and no one has gone "eww, that's weird" so far. Of course, pacifiers and diapers are another thing, but diapers should be hidden in public anyway and pacifiers...well...those have to be kept in a pocket when not in use. I sometimes carry around a kid's pacifier when I'm out and about and know that I won't be able to use it anyway, but even if that was found, it could be explained as a sentimental thing.

Really, if you just naturally integrate some little behaviours in your personality, most people won't mind or care. Sure, some things should be kept private, but that applies to nearly any aspect of life.

Being a "Little" is still misunderstood.
Yes, I hide.
Fear of judgement.
Fear of being misunderstood.
Shame, that I am a "Little".
I never asked to be a "Little", due to profound abuse and neglect in childhood.
I just am.
The first step is simply self-acceptance.
I am okay, just as I am.

caitianx said:
Being a "Little" is still misunderstood.
Yes, I hide.
Fear of judgement.
Fear of being misunderstood.
Shame, that I am a "Little".
I never asked to be a "Little", due to profound abuse and neglect in childhood.
I just am.
The first step is simply self-acceptance.
I am okay, just as I am.

The truth as written, I would agree.

That's true, and something I didn't even think of. Lots of people have told me I am a child at heart because I am naive, and am just naturally excited about the simple things. While there are certain parts that have to be hidden, some parts can be blended into the personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back