Thoughts on goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.
vietnamesebabyboi said:
Goodnites is probably my go to diapers when I need to wear. Super accessible literally everywhere.

If only it was true. It's not available here in Bangladesh. I wanted some so badly. As such I'm stuck with baby diapers & pullups.

CuddleWoozle said:
But are those hard and fast limits or merely guidelines set up by the manufacturer to protect themselves from frivolous law suits?

"I'm a 250 lb woman and I tried to pee in these and embarrassed myself in public. Now I need financial compensation so I feel better about myself." XD

But, no, they don't fit properly if you're too far outside the range. There IS a little wiggle room on the limit, but not quite sixty pounds worth of wiggle. Maybe five-ten pounds. Heck, when I was at around 140 they actually fit onto me OK and were passably usable and I could squeeze into the largest baby diaper. Was it going to actually WORK? Doubt it. (And it was more like a baby-diaper-thong. XD I ended up using them to put on my Cabbage Patch dolls and teddy bears because they weren't really useful.)

Much better the option to get some actual meant-for-an-adult-size but adorable-enough-for-an-infant padding. :3

They are actually sized based more on body mass, and getting a snug -not tight- proper fit. The bigger your body, the more water you will (or at least should) be taking in, which means that much more peeing. A goodnite simply isn't thick or absorbent enough to absorb even one full bladder's worth for a full grown adult. And it may seem like the opposite should be true, but too tight of a squeeze will actually cause more leaks than having just a snug and proper fit. (our bodies have convexed shapes all around so a snug fit will fill that gap but a tight fit will go right over it leaving that gap open)

Simply put, goodnites are not made for adults. Now yes, there is "wiggle room". Like you mentioned, you absolutely can make them work at least some. But only when you're maybe 10-20 lbs over, not 50 and certainly not 100.

Gee Slomo, let it go already. So What if people say that they can "fit" in Goodnites. It's no skin off your bones if it's true or not.

12srepaid said:
Gee Slomo, let it go already. So What if people say that they can "fit" in Goodnites. It's no skin off your bones if it's true or not.

Exactly. It's their choice.

12srepaid said:

AnimeDude892 said:
Exactly. It's their choice.

Yes, it absolutely is their choice to wear goodnites or not. I have not once argued otherwise. It IS however, my problem when someone makes it my problem. Case in point, some adult goes around saying they can fit into a child's diaper- when clearly they can't. Other's in general society pick up on that, and immediately associate adults playing with children's diapers as playing with children. Then immediately jump to the old pedophilia misconception. That then comes back to others like me, who bear the brunt of it with being ostracized by general society. Uh no, not going to let that bs continue just because a few people here can't even understand something as simple as a word's definition.

Slomo said:
Yes, it absolutely is their choice to wear goodnites or not. I have not once argued otherwise. It IS however, my problem when someone makes it my problem. Case in point, some adult goes around saying they can fit into a child's diaper- when clearly they can't. Other's in general society pick up on that, and immediately associate adults playing with children's diapers as playing with children. Then immediately jump to the old pedophilia misconception. That then comes back to others like me, who bear the brunt of it with being ostracized by general society. Uh no, not going to let that bs continue just because a few people here can't even understand something as simple as a word's definition.

"Fit" is generally perceived as different from "proper fit." You consider the two one and the same. Most of the rest of us don't.

Well, there's really no sense having a fit over how it fits...it's just not apparently a fit subject but they will fit if you are fit. Also, there's no use getting everyone fit to be tied when trying to fit in a particular definition of 'fit'.

Vic92 said:
"Fit" is generally perceived as different from "proper fit." You consider the two one and the same. Most of the rest of us don't.

"Generally perceived" is actually quite wrong. That definition has already been made for you, and everyone else.

fit
adjective
1. (of a thing) of a suitable quality, standard, or type to meet the required purpose.
"the meat is fit for human consumption"

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:
Well, there's really no sense having a fit over how it fits...it's just not apparently a fit subject but they will fit if you are fit. Also, there's no use getting everyone fit to be tied when trying to fit in a particular definition of 'fit'.

The next time you come across a pipe labeled "hot", go ahead and grab hold of it really tight. According to you it's ok, "hot" is a subjective term after all.

No, definitions have meanings tied to them specifically so we can convey exact ideas and knowledge. Without those understood meanings then nothing will make sense and everyone is left confused (or worse).

And fyi, shakespear had it wrong. A rose called "putrid stink weed of instant death" will not smell as sweet.

I absolutely adore goodnights. I used to wear them for betwetting, and the nostalgia just never stopped.

Slomo said:
"Generally perceived" is actually quite wrong. That definition has already been made for you, and everyone else.

fit
adjective
1. (of a thing) of a suitable quality, standard, or type to meet the required purpose.
"the meat is fit for human consumption"

- - - Updated - - -
The next time you come across a pipe labeled "hot", go ahead and grab hold of it really tight. According to you it's ok, "hot" is a subjective term after all.

Only if it's a very attractive pipe and offers to take me out to a nice dinner and show, first. I'm not such a cheap date as all that.

(BTW: All of the times I used the word 'fit', it was with a different genuine dictionary-approved definition in mind. LOL So I don't understand what you're getting at saying it's 'subjective', those are ACTUAL definitions for the word. Same as hot. It can mean 'high temperature', 'attractive' or 'spicy' given the use of it.)

And I counter your chosen dictionary definition with this:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fit?s=t

There are roughly 19 acceptable uses for the same word.

CuddleWoozle said:
Only if it's a very attractive pipe and offers to take me out to a nice dinner and show, first. I'm not such a cheap date as all that.

(BTW: All of the times I used the word 'fit', it was with a different genuine dictionary-approved definition in mind. LOL So I don't understand what you're getting at saying it's 'subjective', those are ACTUAL definitions for the word. Same as hot. It can mean 'high temperature', 'attractive' or 'spicy' given the use of it.)

And I counter your chosen dictionary definition with this:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fit?s=t

There are roughly 19 acceptable uses for the same word.

School time, look again. The word is being used as a verb (used with object), so that narrows the options down to just 8 possible definitons. Of those possibilities we are NOT describing furnishings, object placement, preperation, qualifications, or adaptation (though some will modify a goodnite to wear one).

The only remaining two descriptions for the term "fit" are; A proper and/or right size for shape. Oh wait, what have I been telling everyone all along? Exact this!

Slomo said:
School time, look again. The word is being used as a verb (used with object), so that narrows the options down to just 8 possible definitons. Of those possibilities we are NOT describing furnishings, object placement, preperation, qualifications, or adaptation (though some will modify a goodnite to wear one).

The only remaining two descriptions for the term "fit" are; A proper and/or right size for shape. Oh wait, what have I been telling everyone all along? Exact this!

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk?t=1m

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back