Little books you love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of my favorites are Frog belly rat bone, and the book that eats people.

Not really sure, but I think those one children books that have little toy pieces that go with it look interesting (and fun). But I did have an Invader Zim comic book. Classic books are Junie B. Jones and Judy Moody. As well as the Monster High books. Blues Clues is also a good one, along with My Little Pony, Hello Kitty, and Hamtaro.

Little Golden Books and Picturebacks stand out the biggest for me.

I like all the BABAR THE ELEPHANT and CURIOUS GEORGE stories.

There's too many to name! O///O I guess if I had to name some my storybooks are "Duck for President", "Giggle, Giggle, Quack", Bernstein bear storybooks, Curious George books, books by Rober Munsch, Bad Kitty storybooks, "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly", and many more. I love to read a storybook before bed, so there's a bunch I enjoy. :D

One of my favourite books as a kid was "The Bears Who Stayed Indoors". It's about a group of house-sharing teddy bears who can't play outside as it's raining. So, with the power of their imagination, they go on a trip to the moon!

You can read it here:
https://archive.org/details/SusannaGretzAlisonSageTheBearsWhoStayedIndoorsTeddybears

dogboy said:
I just bought a book about dinosaurs through Amazon. As a kid, I loved dinosaurs. This book has over 500 illustrated pages and it may be geared toward adults, but it still looks cool.

Oh, my nephew loves dinosaurs! What book was it?

I just got done reading The Princess in Black (Second book in the series.) :3 It's too cute and I'd actually recommend it to anyone who likes 'girly' stuff but can also be tough. ;)

I don't really think it qualifies perfectly as a 'little' book series but I love the Series of Unfortunate Events books with my whole heart. I read them as a small child so I associate them with the nostalgia of being a little kid :eek:

tiny said:
Oh, my nephew loves dinosaurs! What book was it?

The name of the book is "Prehistoric Life" followed by "The Definitive Visual History of Life On Earth". It came in handy a couple of weeks ago. I watched the mini-series "The Terror", a show about two British navel vessels looking for the Northwest Passage in the mid 1800s. They were never seen or heard from again. The TV story was based on a novel. The men were being pursued by what looked like a giant polar bear. It made sense to me that they stumbled upon an animal from the late Pleistocene era that should have been extinct, but being so far north, what natural enemies would it have? Sure enough when the series finally showed it, it was an Arctodus, an extinct bear that weighed up to two tons.

I purchased the book through Amazon so you can find it there. It has a lot of pictures and it's laid out well.

Another good children's book series is the "Paddington Bear" stories.
Also, the original "Thomas the Tank Engine" Stories.

dogboy said:
The name of the book is "Prehistoric Life" followed by "The Definitive Visual History of Life On Earth". It came in handy a couple of weeks ago. I watched the mini-series "The Terror", a show about two British navel vessels looking for the Northwest Passage in the mid 1800s. They were never seen or heard from again. The TV story was based on a novel. The men were being pursued by what looked like a giant polar bear. It made sense to me that they stumbled upon an animal from the late Pleistocene era that should have been extinct, but being so far north, what natural enemies would it have? Sure enough when the series finally showed it, it was an Arctodus, an extinct bear that weighed up to two tons.

I purchased the book through Amazon so you can find it there. It has a lot of pictures and it's laid out well.

It sounds amazing! Cheers, dogboy -- I've bookmarked that, ready for when it's on sale (or my nephew's birthday comes around)!

:)

caitianx said:
Another good children's book series is the "Paddington Bear" stories.
Also, the original "Thomas the Tank Engine" Stories.

Oooh! Paddington Bear -stories sounds so much fun! :3 I should look at those! One children´s book which I got recently and what I have been reading about is "What´s Naughty?" which is funny and my bigbwo has been reading that to me :D

Okay, I know I'm a bit late reading them, but, the Harry Potter books, amazing! Boy I'm glad I wasn't in special education reading in high school, because, I'm pretty sure, holding my book like a friend, and bawling like a baby, would've gotten me bullied worse. I know they are a bit more grownup, but, if you like them, and want to feel Little, listen to The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back