Thread: Some crazy goings on in my province capitole. Sad!

Default Some crazy goings on in my province capitole. Sad!

Itís with terrible sadness that I read about the tragic mowing down of 9 people and the injuring of 16 more in Toronto. I spent a good part of my late teens and early adulthood in TO. I was never worried or unsure walking the streets, it always felt safe! My prayers are with those who lost loved one today and for the man who was deranged enough to commit such a deprived act. What has happened to him for such hatred to live in his hart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this on our news tonight. My family has a cottage on Lake Harris, Ontario and Toronto is near to our hearts. We have some very good Canadian friends. In fact, they stayed over night in my house in March as they were making their way to Florida. My wife and I found that Toronto was the kind of city you could walk around safely, late at night. That doesn't happen in the U. S.

I am very sorry this has happened. The world is becoming crazier and crazier. I suppose the media and the easy exchange of information has added to the chaos. People who are not stable, get violent ideas when they see and hear others saying and doing violent things. It's like a virus spreading through our culture.

Default Some crazy goings on in my province capitole. Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I saw this on our news tonight. My family has a cottage on Lake Harris, Ontario and Toronto is near to our hearts. We have some very good Canadian friends. In fact, they stayed over night in my house in March as they were making their way to Florida. My wife and I found that Toronto was the kind of city you could walk around safely, late at night. That doesn't happen in the U. S.

I am very sorry this has happened. The world is becoming crazier and crazier. I suppose the media and the easy exchange of information has added to the chaos. People who are not stable, get violent ideas when they see and hear others saying and doing violent things. It's like a virus spreading through our culture.
    Very true Dogboy thanks you for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I always felt safer in Toronto or anywhere in Canada, then anywhere in any city in the States. It is certainly a tragedy when you can't feel safe where there are others.

I had a very nice visit to Toronto some years back. I think these acts go to show that violence can happen anywhere, from big cities to small towns. We can take reasonable precautions but there's no total fix. People can be dangerous but they're also all we've got.