Not open for further replies.

WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
So an errant tree damaged a water main for my complex, and they're turning off the water for 4 days! (The helpful note from the HOA recommended we "consider relocating." Yeah, with my two large dogs and crazy work schedule ...) No showers (have one at the office), no tap water (bought some 2.5 gallon containers for the dogs; did all the dishes and a load of laundry), no drinking water (have bottled water, loaded up the Keurig and the Brita)...

No toilets!

/me looks at his large collection of disposable diapers ... No problem. Got this.

Your toilets will still work. You will just need to manually fill the tank in order to flush.

One possible option is to ask your complex manager to see if the water repair company (or utility) can provide a temporary hose connection from the next closest working hydrant. This way you will be able to refill your own containers.

Slomo said:
Your toilets will still work.

Don't ruin this for me ... ;)

Anyway, I don't have any large water storage facilities (the drain on my tub doesn't work, never cared enough to get it fixed - would have to tear up my downstairs neighbor's ceiling to access the broken part).

Don't think a hose is a solution (720 people in 288 units spread across six buildings).

I had a similar experience. One of the pipes in an apartment unit adjacent from mine ruptured so they had to shut off the water in the entire building for a full day while they repaired it and suctioned up the excess water. I woke up padded and waddled over to my door and found the notification slip the building super slipped under there informing me of the shutoff and I just shrugged. No harm no foul, I was already nicely diapered up and babies don't use the potty anyways :)

In all honesty though, that's one of the perks to being an ABDL and having diapers on hand, if your water is shut off for any reason, you aren't that inconvenienced.

One of the joys of living in the country my well will still work. Just have to go to the overflow and place bucket under it to fill it and I am off to the races. For City dwellers its known as a Artesian (SP) well where the pressure is so much that the water bursts out of the well pipe if it were to be oil I would be on show Beverly Hillbillies LOL. and that terliet is a 1.6 Gallon to 5 gallon one depending on which terliet you have.

I've lost the well pump a couple of times and had septic issues others. Having diapers around ends up being real convenient.

xpluswearer said:
One of the joys of living in the country my well will still work. Just have to go to the overflow and place bucket under it to fill it and I am off to the races. For City dwellers its known as a Artesian (SP) well where the pressure is so much that the water bursts out of the well pipe if it were to be oil I would be on show Beverly Hillbillies LOL. and that terliet is a 1.6 Gallon to 5 gallon one depending on which terliet you have.

Also, when travelling out in the country once, I saw a fire hydrant that had been jury rigged into a shower (with a pull chain and everything), so if only the fire department would approve of that, you'd be in good shape.

Being without fully working toilets for days. I think you can expect the landlord to provide some porta-potties But like you said, you got this covered ;)

- - - Updated - - -

SorcerorElf said:
Also, when travelling out in the country once, I saw a fire hydrant that had been jury rigged into a shower (with a pull chain and everything), so if only the fire department would approve of that, you'd be in good shape.

o-o-o-o-o that sounds like a cooooold shower! :SHOCKED:

Hooray you have the perfect beer and diaper week ahead of you (you will need your hoarded water for the puppies, making coffee and cleaning your teeth.)

Just make sure you have plenty of baby wipes to keep you fresh!

You definitely got this!

I had the scenario last Sunday where a city water main broke. It was well into the night
before it was repaired. I still had my diapers so that was covered. The rest was inconvienet.

t.

bambinod said:
Being without fully working toilets for days. I think you can expect the landlord to provide some porta-potties But like you said, you got this covered ;)

There's no landlord, just the HOA. They "helpfully" arranged for a "discount" rate of $199/night at a local Marriott :thumbdown:, but with my dogs, that's a no-go. (And I'm in court enough this week that I can't just bring the pups to the office with me.)

WildBlueCrinkle said:
There's no landlord, just the HOA. They "helpfully" arranged for a "discount" rate of $199/night at a local Marriott :thumbdown:, but with my dogs, that's a no-go. (And I'm in court enough this week that I can't just bring the pups to the office with me.)

$199 per night? That sounds like a price increase instead of a discount to me.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:

- - - Updated - - -

o-o-o-o-o that sounds like a cooooold shower! :SHOCKED:

It was in Florida, so would guess it wasn't that cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back