Not open for further replies.

PaddedDeist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Also known as things about having a paci that annoys you or is a true drawback. This can be as serious or funny as you like.

I'll start:

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and part of my mouth is dry. Sucking on the paci in this state is uncomfortable so I have to pull it out to re-moisten the dry parts of my mouth with the tongue before I can suck comfortably on the paci again.

Losing them and not being able to find the one you want for a month at a time...

Walking into a room with a clear view at the apartment building across the street. And forgetting that you have a paci in your mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: SebLittle
Getting so used to having one in your mouth that you almost start sucking your thumb in public.

On a more serious note: I still live at home, so I constantly question myself on whether I really put my paci back into its hiding place before I left the house.

The paci falling out of your mouth during sleep and getting under your back (makes you feel like having a small rock under your mattress).

All of the above, AND then there is the drool running out the side of my mouth when I am asleep, and I wake up with a drooley face and pillow.

littlemoosey said:
All of the above, AND then there is the drool running out the side of my mouth when I am asleep, and I wake up with a drooley face and pillow.

Hahahha, omg - YES!!! I actually have a small terry towel over my pillow just because of this.

magnolia said:
Hahahha, omg - YES!!! I actually have a small terry towel over my pillow just because of this.

Yup, the funny part is that when my wife sees this, she grabs my stuffed moose which is wearing a.... diaper, and wipes my face with the moose. she has a good sense of humor.

Last edited:
Glow in the dark paci's stop glowing way too soon.
Still dark, no glow :sad:

Makubird said:
Glow in the dark paci's stop glowing way too soon.
Still dark, no glow :sad:

Hahhaha, sorry for laughing but this is just so awwwww!!
This thread is awesomeeee!!!

Cooking dinner before the rest of the family get home, happily sucking on my paci and being so lost in the moment that I forget I have it in my mouth until the door starts to open. Then being so startled that I have to scramble to put it away before anyone sees it. Has happened more than once.

I was hoping we'd see some good stories in here and things are off to a great start.

Even though we love something, it doesn't mean that there are some drawbacks that we can enjoy venting about. lol

I also get some of these other issues as well and I live in terror of losing my only paci right now.

Last edited:
Getting sudden strong urge to suckle paci when stressed at work, and unable to...
Also when my parents found my stash of them it was really embarrassing.

So yeah, main draw back is not being accepted as an ok thing to have and use when you need them.

definitely when my mouth is dry like Sahara desert.

Schwanensee said:
On a more serious note: I still live at home, so I constantly question myself on whether I really put my paci back into its hiding place before I left the house.

I often loose track of my pacifiers and am often unsure how many are lying around in my apartment. So I have to search the couch, my bathroom and others places when I expect visitors. When someone comes in unexpectedly I am always afraid there is one out in the open.

Also never forget to check for pacifiers when you are taking a picture or a selfie :smile1:

I got tired of mine getting lost, so, I tied it to my plushy's hand. It never gets lost anymore. Stefan is big enough to see, always. He's huge. Find Stefan, and I've found my paci.

Another thing I have to add is the price of most of the adult pacis out there. There are a few at a reasonable price like the Little For Big pacis but it seems like most of the others charge a lot for even a "basic" pacifier.

I can understand perhaps that the custom, really blingy, pacis can be quite expensive--in fact, this Rearz one has to be the most expensive one I've found so far: https://rearz.ca/solid-gold-adult-pacifier/ You expect to have to pay more for all of that fanciness.

It seems that once you get past the few inexpensive ones, the prices for the others start in the $20USD range and shoot up quickly from there. It also seems that certain companies just take a baby pacifier and just swap the nipple. I wonder if part of the problem is that they are not getting their supplies at wholesale?

I expected to pay a lot for mine, because, the guard on the one I got is honest to goodness MAM replica style it was worth it, so much. I don't like the ones with the clavkity pull rings, and all the other ones, the look is off, to me. The Little for big nipples look so much more comfortable, as they don't seem to have that annoying seam, but, the whole underage models thing--yuck!

have they stopped using those models? I hope so since I like their pacis but I don't like the idea of supporting that sort of activity.

There is a seam in the LFB pacis though. I don't really notice it unless I'm running my tongue over the end. I could trim it but I'm scared that my shaking hands will cause me to cut too deep. I did send feedback to LFB and I suggest that anyone who buys their stuff report any quibbles like that.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
I expected to pay a lot for mine, because, the guard on the one I got is honest to goodness MAM replica style it was worth it, so much.

I mostly use genuine MAM pacifiers with an adult size teat. Child's pacifiers are cheap so I can buy a new one whenever I want and follow the pacifier fashion. :paci:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back