Thoughts on The Walking Dead season 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensteel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I finally caught up on Walking Dead..... I think this is it, the moment I give up on The Walking Dead. For years the show has been struggling, but as a avid fan I've stuck through. I can't do it anymore I feel like I'm in a abusive relationship with the show lol. All I want is for the show to get better and capture the magic of why I fell in love with the show. Unfortunately it now has some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

Without ruining anything for anyone this season was nothing but bad writing. Bad dialogue, stupid plot progressions, no character development, and lame twists. I'm hard-pressed to find anything good about the season. I just don't know what the writers are trying to accomplish anymore. It seems like they're trying everything to alienate their fan base.

Maybe next season will be better but I doubt it. Either way the show has burned me for the last time I'm done.

I lasted til Season 3, so I commend you for making it as far as you did. I've seen a few episodes here and there and its absolutely terrible now, effects, writing, everything

I think zombie stories have a short shelf life based on the premise of this kind of movie or TV series. Basically it's a run from the monster plot, something that's been around for a long time. So then writers start to develop the non monsters' characters, embroiling them into a grand soap opera. Look what the did to the characters in the TV show, Criminal Minds. Sooner or later, all TV series start to go down hill as writers run out of new ideas.

On a somewhat unrelated note, we just started watching the Santa Clarita Diet with Drew Barrymore. Hilarious!

Scaramouche said:
On a somewhat unrelated note, we just started watching the Santa Clarita Diet with Drew Barrymore. Hilarious!

I agree, my wife and I absolutely love that show.

My thought on walking dead season 8 .. should never have been made like 7, 6, 5 and 4.
how long can they punt out the same thing just rehashed

I think what they should have done is just wrapped up the story and called it a day a long time back. I know the comic series is still going, but that's a different medium. :p

Ravensteel said:
I finally caught up on Walking Dead..... I think this is it, the moment I give up on The Walking Dead. For years the show has been struggling, but as a avid fan I've stuck through. I can't do it anymore I feel like I'm in a abusive relationship with the show lol. All I want is for the show to get better and capture the magic of why I fell in love with the show. Unfortunately it now has some of the worst writing I've ever seen.

Without ruining anything for anyone this season was nothing but bad writing. Bad dialogue, stupid plot progressions, no character development, and lame twists. I'm hard-pressed to find anything good about the season. I just don't know what the writers are trying to accomplish anymore. It seems like they're trying everything to alienate their fan base.

Maybe next season will be better but I doubt it. Either way the show has burned me for the last time I'm done.

Especially what happened Abraham, Glenn, and now Carl.

For me, the show starting going downhill the moment Negan himself entered the picture, then the progression of the story seemed to become very slow paced. Waaaaay too many filler episodes and the only episodes that were worth watching was during the first episode, the mid-season finale, the episode that starts the next half, and the season finale. You could totally understand what was going on just by watching those episodes which is kind of sad how bad the filler episodes have gotten in the walking dead. It's quite a shame, but I'm still gonna watch it because I can't help it, I want to know what happens next! I probably won't stop watching it until it gets worse than it already is or cancelled completely. Which seems unlikely as AMC seems to see it as a long-term cash cow that they can keep milking over and over. They will need something to fall back on after better call saul ends after season 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back