Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diaper stuffing, the not-for-the-faint-of-heart way (read: huge absorbency boost)

DannyTheNinja

Default Diaper stuffing, the not-for-the-faint-of-heart way (read: huge absorbency boost)

I ran across this video by pamperchu on YouTube recently. Basically what the video shows is technique that involves taking a small diaper, ripping out all the elastic, and stuffing it inside of the shell of an adult diaper, so that the small diaper is underneath all of the padding and sodium polyacrylate (super-absorbent gel) of the larger diaper. I tried this yesterday with a GoodNite as the stuffer and an Assurance as the stuffee. The result? Holy hell.

My little custom-made diaper held 5 wettings before I finally got it to leak (and you could tell it was ready to leak, it was huge). I didn't need to change or use the toilet for about 21 hours. I was completely amazed. I have tough skin so I know for a lot of people this is too absorbent to be useful, but this eclipses the absorbency of Dry 24/7. I've yet to try Bambino but based on reports I've seen, I think they don't even hold this much. And I made this thing out of two store-bought, low-grade diapers. The cost was about US$1.50.

By the way, GoodNites are extremely absorbent diapers. They're just poorly designed, so they leak easily unless you're, well, a kid. There's a lot of gel in them.

Anyone tried this? Did it work? (mm3 told me they sagged for him) How much did your custom-made diaper hold?

--Danny

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by DannyTheNinja View Post
    . . .

By the way, GoodNites are extremely absorbent diapers. They're just poorly designed, so they leak easily unless you're, well, a kid. There's a lot of gel in them.

. . .
    I'll vouch for that.

I love my GoodNites. ^_^ They're uber absorbent. You just have to make sure you're like, completely still and completely sitting up when you wet, and wait for it to soak in and all. (No flooding, peoples!)

After that, no amount of writhing, squirming, pressing will get them to leak more than a drop. *nod*

Just don't inhale any of the fluff.

I did about 20 years ago (not intentionally, it was a ripped diaper and I didn't notice at first) and had a scratchy throat for about a week after. As it is, now whenever I wear at night, I get the same scratchy, itchy, dry throat and typically wake up coughing.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Just don't inhale any of the fluff.

I did about 20 years ago (not intentionally, it was a ripped diaper and I didn't notice at first) and had a scratchy throat for about a week after. As it is, now whenever I wear at night, I get the same scratchy, itchy, dry throat and typically wake up coughing.
    Aww!! *huggles* Poor hegel...

I've tried it with a Pampers 6 and a Depend... it held quite a lot, but the stuffing took a while and I found to be frustrating.

soren456

All that work . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by soren456 View Post
    All that work . . . .
    I smell a cottage-industry in this!

Yeah, the ripped plastic completely destroyed the diaper. I've yet to try it again, next time though I'm going to stuff the diaper until there's no slack whatsoever. Or, I could rip open the diaper, and fill it with pure fluff from other diapers.

I have done that with three Assurances bfore and I was sompletely surprised. I haven't done that in a while and kind aforgto about it. I may have to do it again this weekend. Thanks Danny

secretdl26

I was thinking of trying the same thing, but using latex gloves and completely removing all the plastic and cloth in a Goodnite so I only have the gel/fluff layer and then carefully stuffing into into a larger diaper. I only mentioned the gloves because the fluff layer is nearly impossible to handle otherwise.