Incontinence in school

Status
Not open for further replies.
mailcat i feel for you i to was nearly raped by 2 guys back when all doors in to the school was unlocked they came up on me over powered me in my manual wheelchair off in to dark room they took me i was lucky that someone heard the scuffle and came in the room needless to say i to ended up in special needs ended up being the best move the school and mom made want or need to chat feel free to message me any time would like to help you if i can not sure if i can for me i can not stand guys doing any my care or drs nurses and my now home aide i get each day all have to be ladies or they dont even get to come in the door same at the drs office or hospital i have to have my home aide with me even

Decades ago, I just had to sit in my pee-pee soaked pants in the classroom if I had accidents. I smelled of pee at least a couple times a week.
Mom refused to get older child cloth diapers and plastic pants to mitigate the toileting accidents I had in school.
Peeing and Pooping myself at recess on the playground was hell.

caitianx said:
Decades ago, I just had to sit in my pee-pee soaked pants in the classroom if I had accidents. I smelled of pee at least a couple times a week.
Mom refused to get older child cloth diapers and plastic pants to mitigate the toileting accidents I had in school.

Did they make you sit in school all day if you wet early in the day? When I was in school they generally called a parent to come pick up a student who wet to take them home to change. But thats back in the day when most moms stayed at home.

caitianx said:

It was the same at our school i you wet your self you just sat in your wet pants until they dried.

Yep, wet my pants twice in the 1st grade 60 years ago... Sat in 'em the whole day until they dried. I was too frightened of the teacher to raise my hand and ask to go to the bathroom

That must of been terrible...I had to wear nappies to school due to incontinence and whenever I'd wet them I'd be allowed to change straight away. I remember in primary school there were a couple of kids who had 'one-off' accidents when they'd got really desperate and weren't allowed to go to the toilet, they ended up sat in puddles as obviously their accidents involved a full emptying of the bladder and they weren't wearing nappies.

- - - Updated - - -

That must of been terrible...I had to wear nappies to school due to incontinence and whenever I'd wet them I'd be allowed to change straight away. I remember in primary school there were a couple of kids who had 'one-off' accidents when they'd got really desperate and weren't allowed to go to the toilet, they ended up sat in puddles as obviously their accidents involved a full emptying of the bladder and they weren't wearing nappies.

I can remember wetting my pants back in grade school and it was just stay in the wet pants until they dried or it was time to go home , I know i used to wet my pants on the bus on the way home pretty often and at least a few time on purpose as my stop was the last one on the route, I would get off the bus with my jacket tied around my waist.

Staying in wet pants must be really bad. Urine irritates the skin so whenever you wet you should really change as soon as possible. I'm incontinent and I have to use cream to protect my skin and I worry if I have to spend more than 10 minutes in a wet nappy.

I think attitudes were different when I was a kid. I remember one teacher telling me "If you are going to wet your self you can just sit in your own stink all day"

That sounds really bad. Can't of been nice for the other people in the room (including the teacher) either, it must have stunk of wee. Someone actually had to sit next to you too, so it must have been so bad for them.

JackT97 said:
That sounds really bad. Can't of been nice for the other people in the room (including the teacher) either, it must have stunk of wee. Someone actually had to sit next to you too, so it must have been so bad for them.

To be honest I can't remember if I smelled badly when I wet my self or not. I probably stank of pee all the time in any case as I pee'd the bed every night and only got a bathe once a week. We didn't have a shower. I wasn't the only one who wet him self a boy in our class always had a wet patch in his shorts and never seemed to care. There was a girl who used to spread her legs and pee through her knickers as a dare at play time. She obviously sat in wet knickers for the rest of the day.

ST50 said:
To be honest I can't remember if I smelled badly when I wet my self or not. I probably stank of pee all the time in any case as I pee'd the bed every night and only got a bathe once a week. We didn't have a shower. I wasn't the only one who wet him self a boy in our class always had a wet patch in his shorts and never seemed to care. There was a girl who used to spread her legs and pee through her knickers as a dare at play time. She obviously sat in wet knickers for the rest of the day.

Pants wetting at school wasnt all that uncommon back a few decades ago when I attended school, especially in the primary grades. And there werent the products to deal with it that are available now. I think that today most kids with wetting problems would be sent to school wearing protection. The schools probably require it. And today its almost not imaginable that a student would be denied a request to go to the bathroom. Years ago that wasnt always the case and nature often took its course.

You'd be surprised, I'm 20 so I didn't leave school that long ago. I suffer from incontinence so I was always allowed to go to the toilet if I asked to go but others were regularly denied access. There were a few people who had 'one off' accidents who didn't suffer from incontinence problems (one of them pooed his pants) because teachers didn't let them go or because they didn't ask.
I have always worn nappies to deal with my incontinence they nearly always contain my accidents.

The attitude in school, was just to hold it while in the classroom. If you could not hold it, tough luck, use your pants. In 4th grade, the kid next to me with Cerebral Palsy and in steel/leather leg braces peed his pants, desk seat, and the excess went on the classroom floor a number of times, because the teacher would not let him go to the toilet when he needed to go. Same with me.

I'm really surprised at all these posts.

In school, I only remember one time when someone wet their pants and that was because he was hit in the stomach with a baseball while playing during recess. I don't remember whether he was sent home or was able to get a change of clothes. I don't remember any other times.

Then again, maybe I was just not very observant or I have long since forgotten:)

I hated school. It was not pleasant. I was teased mercilessly because of my fecal IC whilst in Primary School. My sister was so worried about this that, as I started Year 6, she contacted the social worker about my problems and her worry about my carrying that into high school. I was eventually seen by doctors and psychiatrists, who all suggested to my parents that I was lazy, and there was nothing wrong with me. I even had two doctors in the Childrens Hospital stick fingers up my butt and go yep, things feel ok, and that was that. No xrays, no medical examinations, no nothing. My mum was told by one of those doctors to put me back into nappies, which lasted all of one nappy. I would occasionally get put into a nappy during my Primary School years as punishment by my parents and relatives.

I continued with fecal IC into High School, and also into Uni. By the time I was in Uni, I would often craft a nappy from baby disposables, and wear that. My mum discovered my nappies one day whilst cleaning my room, and discretely told me about them. I told her that I found it easier to wear them and control my fecal IC smearing, than do it in my undies. It never went any further than that.

I slowly grew out of the fecal IC issues as I passed through Uni and afterwards, but until I started wearing nappies for need, I would still occasionally smear. My fecal IC is quite likely to return now I'm back in nappies. I'm slowly discovering that it's easier to evacuate into my nappy than suffer through really painful urges.

I just wish I'd spoken up about what was happening to me each time I had an accident. I never felt the urges/pushes until it was too late.

caitianx said:
The attitude in school, was just to hold it while in the classroom. If you could not hold it, tough luck, use your pants. In 4th grade, the kid next to me with Cerebral Palsy and in steel/leather leg braces peed his pants, desk seat, and the excess went on the classroom floor a number of times, because the teacher would not let him go to the toilet when he needed to go. Same with me.

That was how it was at our school. Learn to hold it, go in the break times or suffer the consequences.

Sigh...
School is the worst place to be as an incontinent disabled kid.
Because of my wetting and occasional pooping in my clothes, I was mercilessly teased and told I was just a baby and would never be a big boy.
Anyway, at my age of 60, I am happier being back in diapers 24 hours around the clock.

It seems people on here experienced a variety of different situations when in school. One person notes that even recently when he was in school some were denied requests to go to the bathroom. I guess I can only express my own experience which is based on decades ago when a single teacher was put in front of a class of 35 or more students and was given almost complete authority. There were no educational assistants back then and no school nurses, social workers or other staff that help or intervene on behalf of students. When I attended primary school, you generally needed to get a hall pass to leave the classroom during lessons and teachers just didnt have the time or patience to issue them. "Wait until recess" or "wait until lunch period" were common responses to requests to leave the room. In high school things were a bit easier because we changed classes regularly between subjects and usually had a limited period of time to do our business if it was necessary. I have a young relative who is a teacher who assures me that things have changed a lot and says that student needs, rights and dignity are now priorities where he teaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back