Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspinarian

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I work overnight and just called in for tonight to stay home and be a kid. I actually don't feel good, but I could have toughed it out and gone in, anyway, so I'm not exactly playing hooky. My job tends to be pretty stressful on a regular basis, but my supervisor's been making it a lot worse lately, so here I sit in my cute kiddie jammies, and here I'll stay in my cute kiddie jammies (and soon, a diaper). I think there is sometimes a need for an absence from work or school for mental health reasons, and I'm sure I'm not the first one here to stay home from work to play baby. So, I think for ABDLs, there is a legitimate need to occasionally take some little time off for ourselves.

I always have to tell my inner little that I have to go to work or else we can't afford to take off for the fun times we really want to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diapernh said:
I always have to tell my inner little that I have to go to work or else we can't afford to take off for the fun times we really want to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good point (the first sentence, anyway; your iPad's two cents doesn't really add to the discussion, and isn't it annoying how our machines insert themselves into our interactions now?). I'm generally very reliable, preferring to save my time for when I'm physically sick, but I think my finances can take the hit. If you do call in to stay home and be little, you should definitely do so sparingly.

Caspinarian said:
I think there is sometimes a need for an absence from work or school for mental health reasons, and I'm sure I'm not the first one here to stay home from work to play baby. So, I think for ABDLs, there is a legitimate need to occasionally take some little time off for ourselves.

I think just about everyone has a legitimate need to take a little bit of time to themselves every now and then. With most jobs this is why workers are entitled to so many sick days a year.

Personally, I have never skipped out on work or school to stay home and be a baby, usually I stay home for other reasons i.e. Sick, Stressed. I have taken what you would call mental health days, but the focus of those is usually to recharge and refocus. Recharging and refocussing may or may not involve regressing and being a baby depending on my mood.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there is nothing wrong with taking a day off work every now and then whether that day involves baby time or not, but I certainly wouldn't go making a habit of it. You don't want your bosses to get suspicious and we babies need our jobs so we can afford all the baby stuff we got.

Poofybutt said:
Personally, I have never skipped out on work or school to stay home and be a baby, usually I stay home for other reasons i.e. Sick, Stressed. I have taken what you would call mental health days, but the focus of those is usually to recharge and refocus. Recharging and refocussing may or may not involve regressing and being a baby depending on my mood.

I guess what I am trying to say is, there is nothing wrong with taking a day off work every now and then whether that day involves baby time or not, but I certainly wouldn't go making a habit of it. You don't want your bosses to get suspicious and we babies need our jobs so we can afford all the baby stuff we got.

Exactly. The last time I missed work was two months ago, although that was for a similar reason. My boss didn't ask what was going on, and I didn't tell. I'm about to start looking for a new job, anyway. One point I wanted to make, though, is that many of us play baby to relieve stress, so for us, taking a day off to be little may be the same thing as taking a day off to deal with stress.

Caspinarian said:
Exactly. The last time I missed work was two months ago, although that was for a similar reason. My boss didn't ask what was going on, and I didn't tell. I'm about to start looking for a new job, anyway. One point I wanted to make, though, is that many of us play baby to relieve stress, so for us, taking a day off to be little may be the same thing as taking a day off to deal with stress.

Fair enough, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't taken a day for stress relief initially and wound up diapered and little later in the day somehow. For me such days are a rarity though and they should be used sparingly.

I find that going to work and then coming home and being a baby can be a magical experience in and of itself. There is something about working hard and then regressing and babying out that just makes me savour and cherish the whole experience a bit more.

In my brain, work = school. XD

You can take days off, but if you do it too much, 'they' will come and get you. ('they' being truancy officers for school and people you owe money to for the rest. LOL)

That being said, my job doesn't even give us our time at the beginning of the year. We work ALL YEAR to 'earn' the days we're supposed to have. And then they'll black out the last week so no one can actually -use- the days. :p And then they wonder why people aren't staying. Because you guys are all whacko, that's why. But they don't listen to little woozles.

*grabs her toes and rolls away giggling*

Poofybutt said:
Fair enough, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't taken a day for stress relief initially and wound up diapered and little later in the day somehow. For me such days are a rarity though and they should be used sparingly.

Absolutely. It'd be great to find someone who'd pay me to sit around the house and use diapers, but that sure as hell isn't the company I work for now! If you want to get paid, you have to show up and do the work. However, the way they work us and treat us, they can't expect people to do that as well as the company would like. They don't understand that making their workers hate their jobs comes with a high price.

- - - Updated - - -

CuddleWoozle said:
That being said, my job doesn't even give us our time at the beginning of the year. We work ALL YEAR to 'earn' the days we're supposed to have. And then they'll black out the last week so no one can actually -use- the days. :p And then they wonder why people aren't staying. Because you guys are all whacko, that's why. But they don't listen to little woozles.

That sounds a lot like my company. Now you know why I'm about to go elsewhere!

I've done that before- sometimes you just have to look after yourself in the best way possible for you.

I have done this before but for me my job is okay with me taking time off since I'm a partner and as long as we are at a decent spot where I know they dont need me. We understand sometimes our job is stressful and we do need room to relax and if needed you can just call in and say "I need a personal day" no questions asked and we are okay with it as long as its not on a day we have our cranes come in

Not gonna lie, I actually take at least 1 day a month (we can schedule days that we stay home without pay) to spend the whole day sunrise to bedtime in little mode. I've been super sick lately so I was actually off 4 days out of 5 last week but next Thursday is a little day. Can't wait!

I use my holiday days from work to be my baby self. It's great to hAve the house to myself and just be me.. lol.

Lone_Wolf said:
I have done this before but for me my job is okay with me taking time off since I'm a partner and as long as we are at a decent spot where I know they dont need me. We understand sometimes our job is stressful and we do need room to relax and if needed you can just call in and say "I need a personal day" no questions asked and we are okay with it as long as its not on a day we have our cranes come in

Sounds like a great company!

my supervisor called those days 'mental health days'. she was just fine with me taking one now and then. of course she did NOT know i sat around the house wetting my pants on those days. i left that out of our conversation. lol

I think it's okay as long as you do it sparingly. Sometimes a mental health day is the best thing you can do. I know that if I'm home sick, I'll go into little space to help myself feel better, but I don't ever stay home just so I can be little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back