Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Cool Sculpting

  1. #11

    Default

    There's a commercial now advertising human growth hormones just for women, to have more energy and to lose weight. I'm expecting to see the class action lawsuit in about a year for that one as well.

  2. #12
    Maxx

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    There's a commercial now advertising just for women, to have more energy and to lose weight. I'm expecting to see the class action lawsuit in about a year for that one as well.
    That can't be right, unless it's prescription? Isn't hgh a controlled substance? There must be something in fine print like "precursors only" or some sort of misleading jargon to make you think it's hgh

  3. #13

    Default

    You know, it's funny, but after we (that would be my doctor and myself) worked out that I needed a higher protein diet, I HAVE more energy and am actually losing weight again. Once I have a snack with protein, I am totally not hungry anymore. Even just a bite of jerky or a handful of nuts.

    I was eating cakes and cookies and all manner of things because I was constantly ravenous. Apparently I was shoving food in and my body was going "OK, but NO. MOAR FOODS." And I wasn't picking the right ones. XD The doc and I are trying to figure out if I have low blood sugar and the diet is the way of figuring it out, but it's also having the secondary effect of me not constantly browsing on junk.

    So maybe instead of getting injections, they need to take a look at what they're eating instead? I know people tell me "have some coffee" when I'm tired, but caffeine makes me go to sleep. Everyone has different needs for their bodies and one 'cure' isn't gonna work for everyone.

  4. #14

    Default

    The diabetic exchange diet is pretty decent and backed by actual science. When I was on that I was losing weight and I was still getting pretty full. I was getting a little meat and lots of veggies. But it worked pretty good. Unfortunately it is more expensive to eat properly here.

  5. #15

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    You know, it's funny, but after we (that would be my doctor and myself) worked out that I needed a higher protein diet, I HAVE more energy and am actually losing weight again. Once I have a snack with protein, I am totally not hungry anymore. Even just a bite of jerky or a handful of nuts.

    I was eating cakes and cookies and all manner of things because I was constantly ravenous. Apparently I was shoving food in and my body was going "OK, but NO. MOAR FOODS." And I wasn't picking the right ones. XD The doc and I are trying to figure out if I have low blood sugar and the diet is the way of figuring it out, but it's also having the secondary effect of me not constantly browsing on junk.

    So maybe instead of getting injections, they need to take a look at what they're eating instead? I know people tell me "have some coffee" when I'm tired, but caffeine makes me go to sleep. Everyone has different needs for their bodies and one 'cure' isn't gonna work for everyone.
    Eating proteins instead of sugar and high carb food will help you to lose weight. There's Doctor Atkins who wrote a book and pushed a high meat/high protein diet. One has to be careful however as to how much protein they're ingesting because the kidneys have to flush out the residuals. That's why your doctor had you load up on vegetables and not just protein.

  6. #16
    Maxx

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Eating proteins instead of sugar and high carb food will help you to lose weight. There's Doctor Atkins who wrote a book and pushed a high meat/high protein diet. One has to be careful however as to how much protein they're ingesting because the kidneys have to flush out the residuals. That's why your doctor had you load up on vegetables and not just protein.
    It's not nutritionally that good for you. It works by fiddling with the hunger response. Proteins take longer to digest, unlike sugars which flood your system with glycogen, trigger immediate insulin response and leave you hungry again within minutes.

  7. #17

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    It's not nutritionally that good for you. It works by fiddling with the hunger response. Proteins take longer to digest, unlike sugars which flood your system with glycogen, trigger immediate insulin response and leave you hungry again within minutes.
    Yeah, gotta keep that balance! I'm still eating other things, just more protein to level out insulin levels.

  8. #18
    Slomo

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    You know, it's funny, but after we (that would be my doctor and myself) worked out that I needed a higher protein diet, I HAVE more energy and am actually losing weight again. Once I have a snack with protein, I am totally not hungry anymore. Even just a bite of jerky or a handful of nuts.

    I was eating cakes and cookies and all manner of things because I was constantly ravenous. Apparently I was shoving food in and my body was going "OK, but NO. MOAR FOODS." And I wasn't picking the right ones. XD The doc and I are trying to figure out if I have low blood sugar and the diet is the way of figuring it out, but it's also having the secondary effect of me not constantly browsing on junk.

    So maybe instead of getting injections, they need to take a look at what they're eating instead? I know people tell me "have some coffee" when I'm tired, but caffeine makes me go to sleep. Everyone has different needs for their bodies and one 'cure' isn't gonna work for everyone.
    OMG, my diabetic wife is the same way! When she is hungry she can wolf down a loaf of bread with butter as snack. But a couple strips of beef jerky will fill her right up. Coffee also puts her to sleep too, which is so weird since caffeine is know for waking people up.

  9. #19

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Slomo View Post
    OMG, my diabetic wife is the same way! When she is hungry she can wolf down a loaf of bread with butter as snack. But a couple strips of beef jerky will fill her right up. Coffee also puts her to sleep too, which is so weird since caffeine is know for waking people up.
    Yeah...I may or may not have eaten an entire loaf of Italian bread once when I was depressed. It did NOT end well for me...it...uh...paid me a visit after about five minutes. Blegh.

    I have heard the 'opposite caffeine' can be a sign of ADHD, but I don't know for sure. I've never been diagnosed with it. But a guy I work with told me that the only way he could get his ADHD son to go to sleep was to give him chocolate or something else with caffeine. And ten minutes later his boy would be out.

Similar Threads

  1. They so cool
    By AngelicaPickles in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-Aug-2016, 13:30
  2. I no I'm not that cool
    By babyracer37 in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-Mar-2011, 21:55
  3. How cool is this?
    By Talula in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-Oct-2010, 22:00

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.