Surreal few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
A few weeks ago, I received a phone call from a niece. She was wondering whether it would be ok if her family could stay at my place for emergency accommodation. Stuff was happening at their current place, and it looked like they'd be force evicted as innocents (boarding and rental money not being paid...). I had a few spare rooms so I said yeah. She said she'd ring me back later if they had to move ( it didn't seem to be a fate accompli).

The next day, I was run up by my sister (her mum), wherein she eventually told me that my niece had to move, and oh what do you want for dinner??

I got home to a house full of furniture clothes and crap everywhere.

Because of the lack of notice, I'd left all my baby bottles out. They'd been quietly packed away. My supplies in the office had been moved aside too.

Crap crap crap.

Nothing was said.

I've had a bit of a head cold / flu the past couple of days. Yesterday I had a really bad sore throat and runny nose. So I decided when I got home to change into my night nappy early, wearing plastic pants, and went to bed around 930pm.

Last night the water works really got going, and this morning I woke up to a soaked nappy, and a proper wet bed.

I'd not really broached the subject of my IC to my niece, though she certainly knew about it. So this morning I showed her my wet bed.

"Oh well, these things happen. Are you ok, and do you want me to wash the sheets?".

I rang up my sister to tell her I wasn't going to a party, telling her I wasn't feeling well, and that i'd wet the bed. She told me not to worry, that i had a place to change if needed, and that if i woke up tomorrow morning at her place with a wet bed, so be it (I was going to stay overnight).

Overnight I expelled 1500ml+, and it was all clear, no yellowing at all. This morning, the tap still hasn't stopped. *sigh*

She assured me that they really didn't have a problem with my IC issues, and to get my wet butt up there for the party.

I've got an awesome family and friends.

You do indeed have an awesome family.

I don't know where else to put this, so here goes.

Over the last five days, I've been quite housebound with the flu, and lots of nappy changes with large volumes output. I've even had a few episodes of the runs too, which haven't been fun.

But at the same time, I've really enjoyed the comfort and security my nappies have given me. So much so, that the subtle changes I've been seeing to my continence since September last year seems to be heading along the right path, and that I feel I need to get over that invisible line of "diaper dependence" and the point of no return. I don't want to be forever bouncing between control and lack of it, because that's confusing me, with what's possibly going on down there.

I also feel that I'm now quite ok with being bowel IC too. I used to be bowel IC when I was a child, but I was never in nappies back then, only less than a handful of times as punishment. I know that this aspect will come with time, being in nappies 24/7.

Having my family know about my continence issues helps too. They understand why I'm wearing nappies, and care enough that they're not concerned about it. They are concerned about whether I'm managing my IC, and whatever is causing the slide into IC to be found. I do think that they would be expecting this IC to be temporary. Medically, I don't think so, and pragmatically, I can see myself in nappies for the foreseeable future.

I feel i'm doing this for the right reasons, for my sanity, for my peace of mind, my security, and my sleep.

And today I decided that it was too risky to wear a pullup to work (being sick, and still coughing a lot causing stress IC wettings, so I wore a nappy to work for the first time. Another surreal moment. Alas, I was on my way back home two hours later, after the boss told me to go home and work from home.

In those four hours of being out and about, my wearing a nappy felt right to me. Inwardly, I was smiling all the way into work, and at work too. Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back