Any other Pilots on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggles

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Just wondering if there are any other aviators members on here.
I am private pilot since 1996 and passionate aviation enthusiast. My wife and I own an old cessna and live in a great country for exploring by air. I would love to hear your flying stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggles said:
I am private pilot since 1996 and passionate aviation enthusiast. My wife and I own an old cessna and live in a great country for exploring by air. I would love to hear your flying stories.

I'm told the physical requirements for becoming a pilot have recently been reduced. You no longer need to pass a class 1 physical so basically if you can drive a car you can get a pilots license.

Is that true? If it is, I just might go for it myself. I've already been up and flew through a number of stunts. Love it too!

Slomo said:
I'm told the physical requirements for becoming a pilot have recently been reduced. You no longer need to pass a class 1 physical so basically if you can drive a car you can get a pilots license.

Is that true? If it is, I just might go for it myself. I've already been up and flew through a number of stunts. Love it too!

In Australia that is true and I believe it’s the same or similar in USA. You can get your ra or lsa license which is a bit cheaper and only requires your car license equivalent medical ie no other tests which is great and allows you to fly aircraft up to 600kg mtow which these days there are some really great performing aircraft that make that catagory so it’s a popular choice for many pilot.
There is another new category called rpl which is similar but you can fly heavier aircraft typical of general aviation or same as private pilots license but with a few limitations ie 1 passenger and daytime operations etc. if you love flying I would highly recommend training, I may be biased but I truely love the freedom and thrill of flying I never get tired of it.

Depends on what you consider as 'flying' or 'piloting'. I fly my body (If piloting a plane is considered flying, then driving a boat should be considered 'swimming'.) and a couple hundred square feet of nylon. Yes, I've been in a plane probably over a thousand times, though I have often left halfway through the flight.

AnalogRTO said:
Depends on what you consider as 'flying' or 'piloting'. I fly my body (If piloting a plane is considered flying, then driving a boat should be considered 'swimming'.) and a couple hundred square feet of nylon. Yes, I've been in a plane probably over a thousand times, though I have often left halfway through the flight.

So your a meat bomber. Many years ago I did my aff training and was all set to do my solo jump but we were weathered in. A few weeks later we returned to do our jump but the company had shut up shop and moved overseas so I never got to do my skydive and never recieved a refund. It was a fun few days training but a lot of money to not do the jump. I have not pursued it since but I should
I am one of the rare pilots that actually wouldn’t mind jumping out oneday. Do you still skydive?

AnalogRTO said:
Depends on what you consider as 'flying' or 'piloting'. I fly my body (If piloting a plane is considered flying, then driving a boat should be considered 'swimming'.) ....

I guess if we're being pedantic you don't fly either. You are gliding at best, or to be more accurate, falling with style.

Private pilot since 1981, just over 1000 hours, and own my own plane.

The trick to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Biggles said:
So your a meat bomber. Many years ago I did my aff training and was all set to do my solo jump but we were weathered in. A few weeks later we returned to do our jump but the company had shut up shop and moved overseas so I never got to do my skydive and never recieved a refund. It was a fun few days training but a lot of money to not do the jump. I have not pursued it since but I should
I am one of the rare pilots that actually wouldn’t mind jumping out oneday. Do you still skydive?

Been a while since I last jumped. I shattered my heel last year (doing yard work, of all the dangerous things) and while the bone has fused and gotten better quickly, all the soft tissue damage in there seems to be taking forever to heal up.

Still got all my gear, still love the thrill of it, just need to get where I can go back into it.

Started flight training before 9/11 in the US and got my ticket after 9/11. Was planning to leave my current career and going into aviation. The terrorists made sure that didn’t happen, LOL. So I ended up retiring 3 1/2 years ago. It’s been about 10 years since I have flown, and I’m currently working on getting out of debt. Hopefully within a couple years I can get back into it.

Landings equal take off here. Got my Private in 2001 and instrument in 2002. Currently due for BFR and have been out of the air for about 6 months. 600 or so TT and I just rent.

I have the same number of landings and takeoffs (more or less). But I've had a couple that resulted in landings that the airplane could not takeoff again for a while. One was even not at an airport.

willnotwill said:
I have the same number of landings and takeoffs (more or less). But I've had a couple that resulted in landings that the airplane could not takeoff again for a while. One was even not at an airport.

Wait. Exactly how many takeoffs have you had? And how many landings?

Have you taken off more times than landed? I guess that would mean you are still up there with an impossibly efficient aircraft or you're currently in orbit. Not even sure how you would manage more landings though.

Sometimes I'm in the plane with another pilot. I've probably got something like 3000 takeoffs and landings but I don't add those up because nobody asks for that.

Biggles said:

As you can see from the other threads, yes there are other of us pilots out there. You might also check out the aviation group which is specific to pilots, airplanes, and anything aviation.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/group.php?groupid=484

As for me, I have a mixed bit of aviation background, in addition to being a private pilot (currently not current) but if you flew in the southwestern U.S. you might have heard me on the radio telling you, Cessna two-four-seven-niner, squawk two three one zero, ident.
Cessna two-four-seven-niner, radar contact one five miles west of the such and such vortac at one one thousand. Cleared to such and such airport via heading one four zero to intercept victor one three seven to PINZI, victor two five one to TURPI, then victor one five, maintain one two thousand, report reaching...
and so on...

Miss those days a bit, and I am more than a bit rusty as that was fifteen years ago. But I still keep my head in the clouds.

12B: Atlanta Center, Cessna 1212B.
(nothing)
12B: Atlanta Center, Cessna 1212B.
(nothing)
12B: Atlanta Center, Cnessa 1212B.
ZTL: Cessna 1212B, sorry about that we were in the middle of a controller change.
12B: Really, what brand of diapers do you wear?

Takeoffs and landings never count towards anything. Its always your TT hours as PIC. The reference that takeoffs must equal landings is usually a personal goal since a crash isn't considered a landing in the eyes of the FAA and NTSB. Out of some 600 hours TT I probably have well over 1000 T/O and landings but they don't really count for anything. All that's important is every time I made the airplane leave the ground, it got back on the ground on all three tires. Now I won't say that there has not been some dicey landings in 20 knot 90 degree crosswinds but none the less, the airplane remained undamaged, just some shook up stomachs.

Well you have to have three to's and landings within 90 days for passenger carrying, but nobody asks the totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back