Busted by parents - again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come clean to the doctor. You're Doctor can't legally tell them anything you don't want known.

What the doctor can say, is, "He's fine. Talk to your son."

You might ask your MD for referral to an ABDL aware therapist, or even just the most open minded one he knows. What I'd do, if the MD wants to check out the plumbing, is, within reason, let him. Apparently, quite a few ABDLs start out only that, and end up IC. Then again, I'm paranoid about losing skills, because I'm cerebrally palsied, so, a plumbing check is up to you.

"Doc, I'm fine, not typical, in the love (and/or sex, whatever fits you) language department, but, fine."

Explain your ABDL to him.

Say, "Look, I'm not gonna be treated like a crazy person! You can recommend therapy, but, kink aware therapy, or nothing. Got it? Good."

If I were you, I'd want to be treated like someone with a thing that could change how my bladder responds, over time, but, as I've said, I'm paranoid.

The right therapist will tell them exactly what you already know. You're fine. Now, I do remember an ADISCer going to therapy, his parents being told he was fine, and them still pitching a hissy fit, because they didn't want a weird son, but, if that happens to you, it tells you your parents aren't worthy of you, and don't wanna be in your life, with you as you are, and you can adjust the people allowed in your life, accordingly.

Last edited:
SweetPrincess said:
I never said "why don't you just move out?" so don't know where you're getting that from. I also understand that people can be dependent on others for financial support, I myself still live with my parents and are dependent on them still for certain things. So I can relate on that sense and what I told him was what I did. I told my parents that it's personal and they asked if it was illegal, I said no and while they asked a few more times what I was ordering they eventually got the message and don't ask anymore. So I would appreciate it that you wouldn't talk to me like I have no idea what I'm talking about.

As for the short term solutions, I still stand by that the lies while providing a short-term excuse will not enable his independence but stifle it. Showing ones independence and acting that way towards others shows maturity. He's already gotten himself into a pickle and there are really only three options:
1. Lie (which is a lot of money wasted and effort for what? A degrading relationship with your parents so you can guiltily enjoy diapers?)
2. Tell the Truth that he likes it for fun (unnecessary and could lead to a trip to psychiatrist or other unnecessary tensions)
3. Show maturity by politely explaining to the parents that the diapers are actually a personal thing and they needn't be worried about any medical issues, paying back any of their expenses and request they leave it be and allow him to have his privacy. (Seems like the most appropriate response to me)

And yes I know not all parents will act in the same way but based on the information that is what I would do. SorcerorElf should ask himself how they would react and whether he would be kicked out for making a stand of for privacy.

I agree that option 3 would be the most appropriate in this case. However, my parents almost certainly would not agree. It would not be like them to kick someone in their own family out, but they'd still be a b***h about it as usual. They probably have the most selective memory ever known to humankind, so even if I show them sites like this or understandinginfantilism.org, they'd most likely twist the evidence to make the whole abdl scene look bad. At this point, I really don't have any other options, so I guess I will have to try my luck with the mature route.

SorcerorElf said:
I agree that it is time to move out. However, the average rent where I live is quite expensive ($650+ per month for a 1 bedroom or studio apartment), and I am limited in how much I can make until I finish my degree. I do have an emergency fund in case I have to abandon ship, but it would only last a month or so, and I would prefer not to use it if possible. There's a govenment program to help people in my situation that I applied for, but of course government beurocracy is taking forever. Until one of those is finally done (gov't program and/or my degree), I do not think moving out would be a financially wise decision. That being said, I am open to other ideas.[/I]

I go to school full time and work 50+ hours a week (and still have the time to do things I like) as well as pay my mortgage and various other bills. An apartment for $650 a month is peanuts. I don’t see any reason why you can’t get a part time job that would easily cover that tiny rent amount.

SorcerorElf said:
I agree that option 3 would be the most appropriate in this case. However, my parents almost certainly would not agree. It would not be like them to kick someone in their own family out, but they'd still be a b***h about it as usual. They probably have the most selective memory ever known to humankind, so even if I show them sites like this or understandinginfantilism.org, they'd most likely twist the evidence to make the whole abdl scene look bad. At this point, I really don't have any other options, so I guess I will have to try my luck with the mature route.

Although it may be hard, it will ultimately be the best route.
Your parents seem to care about you. So it´s only fair to be honest. Prepare your evidences and, most important, tell them about your worries about their behaviour beforehand.

Sure the outcome of this ain´t clear. But if you calmly talk this through and they freak out you might be able to play the higher ground card. Showing them that their unreflected overreaction is very immature and do not help at all. Be open to them. Try to hold that mirror before them, if that situation arises.

But do not be rude, try a collected and understanding approach. Tell them that you appreciate their worries about health and that you love em. Bring up some positive stories that you experienced together. But also tell them that they must be willing to hear you out.
It can be a good idea to suggest at some point that they take their time to think about all of that. For them it might be a totally shocking experiance. Also calmly insinst that you go through all of the explanations and sites together and that you want to discuss the matter with them.
Try to give them the feeling that you care about their concerns(wich you really do, this thread alone proves this) and that it is crucial for you to explain yourself without being condemned before they had the opportunity and time to process all this.

You seem also to be in some sort of struggle with yourself about it. Tell them this. Tell them you also have troubles accepting and coping with this. Tell them you want to have them by your side and going through this as a family. But ask for them to be understanding as the pressure they put onto you hurts you and makes things even more complicated.

I admit it requires a lot of empathy and invoking the latter but they really seem to care about you. Being totally open and trying do work this out together might be a good strategy to get through this.

Let´s be fair - for most parents that is a hard pill to swallow due to the general perception of society. But it´s better to solve a problem then running away from it. You only have one Father/Mother so it is the best way to work things out with them.

Whatever you choose to do, I truly hope it turns out well.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back