Not open for further replies.

Drynites96

Leaky Sleeper
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Well like last summer I'll be going on a Camping Trip this Summer with my Family. My Cousin and his GF are coming with us and we'll all live in a big Caravan together. I'm thinking about buying myself some Baby Wipes for a quick cleanup in the mornings. (I'll still take a shower every evening) Does this help to reduce the smell and are Baby Wipes a lot more different than Adult ones besides the size?

I think it's always a great idea to have baby wipes on hand. I keep a couple containers on me and use them for a multitude of purposes from diaper change clean-up to tackling just regular everyday messes, I'll even use them for dusting off small surfaces.

I find most baby wipes have a natural scent to them that does minimize and cut down on odours, I also believe there are specialty scented brands as well. I always shower after a diaper change anyhow, but I do find that things feel and smell a bit more fresh down there after using wipes.

I don't have any experience with adult wipes, so I can't really answer your questions regarding those, but I find baby wipes are more than enough to tackle clean-up duty, you might have to use between 3-5 of them though. I assume the benefit to adult wipes is that you'd use less wipes per clean-up, but as I said, I haven't really used adult wipes.

So, I would say go for it, buy some and bring them with you on your trip, you never know when a box of baby wipes is gonna come in handy :)

I usually have baby wipes around. Recently I've been using Amazon Selects Fresh Scent which I like. In the past I've received samples from NorthShore of their unscented adult wipes. They were much larger so I needed to use less of them and they did the job but I didn't find them to be as soft and comfortable and somehow to me they felt a little cold. I prefer to have the wipes mildly scented with a soft cloth-like fabric so baby wipes are my choice. Needing to use a few more of them doesn't bother me. However, I think either adult or baby wipes should help to keep you clean and reduce smell.

have fun at camp, but try not to get caught!

attachment.php

^^' I'll try my best. I've learned my lesson the hard way last year and I definitely won't make the same mistake again

Gesendet von meinem SM-A510F mit Tapatalk

Baby wipes are great IMO. I do tend to buy the scented ones as they do some cleanup and leave a light covering perfume.

So many brands and they all are different... can I suggest you buy a couple of different packs and practice with them so you know what you are in for before traveling? Also when you find the one you are most comfortable with bring a couple of packs at least as you maybe surprised how handy they are and how many peeps will use up your supply.

Drynites96 said:
^^' I'll try my best. I've learned my lesson the hard way last year and I definitely won't make the same mistake again

If I recall, you were totally outed last year and your sister even helped you get some extra diapers. Was that right?

If so, does that mean you will be going there, more openly diapered this time? Well, I mean more like still private but not hidden this time.

And diapers or not. Having baby wipes on hand while camping is always a good idea. Get the non scented ones. Aside from size, they work just as good as the adult ones but are far cheaper.

I think Tranquility Wipes are the best bang for your buck.

Slomo said:
If I recall, you were totally outed last year and your sister even helped you get some extra diapers. Was that right?

If so, does that mean you will be going there, more openly diapered this time? Well, I mean more like still private but not hidden this time.

And diapers or not. Having baby wipes on hand while camping is always a good idea. Get the non scented ones. Aside from size, they work just as good as the adult ones but are far cheaper.

Uhm well... I wasn't totally outed because our friends didn't know and my sister didn't get me diapers.

Kinda. I want to keep them in a bag with some other stuff (wipes, pajamas...) but I'll tell them that the bag is private. But my Problem is that the Tena Pull-Ups show pretty well under thin Pajamas, so I can't hide them when I'm wearing them...

Okay sounds good.

Well before my IC hit and my long-suppressed ABDL side reemerged, I was using the adult flushable wipes since I felt cleaner after using them and my underwear didn't develop bacon strips. lol

The problem was that after using a brand of wipe--such as Cottonelle--I would start having an uncomfortable reaction to those wipes. For a long time the Walmart Equate brand was all I could've but I was starting to react to those ones too.

The Huggies ones I'm using now are nice and gentle. I also like that these are also larger. I'm hoping that since the baby wipes seem to be pretty gentle, I'll not have those old issues any more. I look for the perfume-free kinds generally.

PaddedDeist said:
Well before my IC hit and my long-suppressed ABDL side reemerged, I was using the adult flushable wipes since I felt cleaner after using them and my underwear didn't develop bacon strips. lol

The problem was that after using a brand of wipe--such as Cottonelle--I would start having an uncomfortable reaction to those wipes. For a long time the Walmart Equate brand was all I could've but I was starting to react to those ones too.

The Huggies ones I'm using now are nice and gentle. I also like that these are also larger. I'm hoping that since the baby wipes seem to be pretty gentle, I'll not have those old issues any more. I look for the perfume-free kinds generally.
Okay thanks. I'll definitely buy a pack or two for the Trip and just for home use

Drynites96 said:
Okay thanks. I'll definitely buy a pack or two for the Trip and just for home use

Also don't forget to pack some Drynites with you

I keep a box of Huggies wipes, and not just for my bottom end. I work and get dirt on my face and don't always feel up to taking a bath before bed. So I'll use a couple of wipes to scrub the funk off of my face/arms/out of hair(!!) until I can get a nap in.

Although your mileage may vary, I had a HORRIBLE reaction to Parent's Choice scented wipes. I mean...like I couldn't -sit- for a solid week. I switched to the Huggies Natural Care and haven't had any issues. So...just a heads up that if you use the scented ones and start having any issues down there, it might be the perfume. (And having to have unscented wipes kinda made me sad, but there you have it.)

AnimeDude892 said:
Also don't forget to pack some Drynites with you
I won't use Drynites there. I use my Tenas

Havin baby wipes on hand is always a really good idea, not just for cleaning yourself up but for any messes you might find yourself getting into. They don't replace a shower but they definetly help you stay clean, so it's a good idea- and many non-ABDLs carry them too.

flowerpatchbunnie said:
Havin baby wipes on hand is always a really good idea, not just for cleaning yourself up but for any messes you might find yourself getting into. They don't replace a shower but they definetly help you stay clean, so it's a good idea- and many non-ABDLs carry them too.
Yeah. I'll definitely take some with me

I always carry a pack of baby wipes around with me, as they're very practical for many things. I frequently use them to clean my hands when I'm out as they're much easier on my skin compared to alcohol hand wash. And of course they're very good when changing. As I change myself, I also find wipes to be good af wiping away excess cream on my hands once I've applied it.

I tend to prefer fragrance-free wipes as I don't want to smell like a baby and attract attention for it. I've used a variety of different kinds but I do like Huggies or Pampers wipes, both of which can be bought fragrance - free.

At home I use iD or Lille adult wipes, they come in bigger packs and there more cost-effective for someone with urinary incontinence. But I use baby wipes when I'm out and about as they're more compact.

As for dealing with family members, the best advice I have is to remain calm - don't worry about it. It sounds crazy but the less worried you are about getting found out, and the more relaxed you are about wearing diapers, the less likely your family will make it an issue. Keep it secret, sure, but at the same time it's best not to worry about it too much.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Most of my cleanup is done at home in the bathroom, so I have a facecloth on standby hung on the shower bar. Facecloth soaked with warm water works really well, and gets followed up by a hair dryer so I'm nice and dry before powdering up and putting on a fresh diaper.

Also really helps keep my skin happy. I only have wet diapers though, so this works really well for me.

WOOT is having a sale on unscented wipes:

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/boogie-wipes-boogie-bundle-unscented-1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back