Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
This question is for disposable diaper wearers. If you still live with your parents or your guardians, then how do you throw away your disposable diapers? Do you double/triple bagged your diaper and then wait until the trash pick up day to throw it out? What about going to a nearest dumpster and throw it there? If you have access to a shovel, do you dig and hide your diaper underground? Have you even tried to set a used diaper on fire?

No on the fire. As a rule, fire is not discreet nor environmentally friendly. Only you can prevent diaper fires. (Smoky the Bear Furries can back me up on this)

That's another negative on the burial as diapers are not biodegradable.

Use a plastic grocery bag. Use two. Wrap up your diaper in the bags. Take them with you to the nearest receptacle when you leave the house for a day of job/apartment hunting.

gas station trash can

LittleICme said:
gas station trash can
I second that. I'm guilty of it.

Bins at the local park. I've done that a dozen times or so

You're taking me back to the past with this one.

Back when I was still living at home with the folks and indulging in secret, I would usually dispose of my diapers in one of two places, the dumpster behind a small strip mall near my place or the garbage cans at a local park/park restroom. I always made sure to double bag my diapers before dropping them off and if I could I would dispose of them late in the evening or in the wee small hours of the morning so no one would catch me.

My house was just a block away from a strip mall and there was a number of dumpsters behind it, that was my usual drop off place. However, another block away from my house was a local park, the park had numerous trash cans and a washroom pavilion, I would usually dispose of my diapers in any of those. Otfen times if one of those two locations was occupied, I would just run on down to the one that wasn't. After I had bagged the diapers, I placed the bag in my backpack, it would look odd if I was walking to the park or a dumpster with a trash bag in tow.

The best method in your situation is going to be the method that is available to you. I don't know where you live, but if there are no dumpsters or public trash bins open to you, then you might have to try and sneak a bagged up diaper into your regular trash bin just before pick up, of course, you'd have to time things properly for that to work out.

well for me i bag it and tie it up and dispose it in any public garbage bin near my place.

I still live with the rents and I have a footlocker I keep in my room locked and double bag each wet diaper, then put them into a big trash bag... wait until the big trash can outside gets fullish and then I put my bag full of diapers toward the bottom... it’s easier than going to some public dumpster if you don’t feel like doing that... unless you like to mess.. in which case your shit out of luck... pun intended

It used to be my chore to take out the trash. That included gathering up any trash from smaller cans around the house. When I grabbed those I'd also grab any bagged diapers I had. They would all go into a big trash bag, and were taken right to the curb. I never had a problem with being caught that way.

With Wet Diapers you can usually keep them in the house short term (maybe a few days until Trash Day), with stinky/messy ones they are best out of the house ASAP after double bagged, unless you have a way to keep the smell suffocated.

I've been using a metal cabinet type thing for a while, it seems to work for me, but most of my wearing is on weekends (when my mom is not around for days) and it's in my room which is my responsibility and doesn't get snooped in.

The key here is people will tend to investigate foul smells and just because a smell doesn't seem enough to bother you doesn't mean other people won't notice and try to find out why it smells and where the smell is coming from.

If the diapers are out of sight and nobody notices the smells, you should be safe.

I take grocery bags and place them there and take them up in the morning and put them in the street bin on the way to work since grandparents are asleep at the time.

Diapers should definitely be removed from the premises as soon as humanly possible, if for no other reason than a used diaper is so breeding ground for bacteria.

BabyTyrant said:
With Wet Diapers you can usually keep them in the house short term (maybe a few days until Trash Day), with stinky/messy ones they are best out of the house ASAP after double bagged, unless you have a way to keep the smell suffocated.

And for those that haven't had to change baby diapers, you don't just roll up a messy diaper and toss it in the trash. The poop gets emptied/shaken out into the toilet and flushed. Do this. It will greatly reduce the odor.

I recently bought a diaper genie, and it was the best decision I ever made. It's pretty big so it wouldn't be for everyone, but if you have a hiding place for it, I recommend you should get one. When it comes time to clean it out, just get a black garbage bag, and say you're going to do some spring-cleaning in your bedroom. Empty the genie into it, then put what ever other garbage you can find on top of it if you want extra security.

I was going to say the same thing. With a decent diaper pail it won't matter if you try to clean out a messy diaper or not. Just roll it up like normal and put it in the pail. When trash day comes just take out the diapers with the rest of the trash. I've been doing this for decades, and even with periodic messy diapers there is no smell in my bedroom.

I usually will wait for a trash bag to fill up and throw it in the bag tie it and take it out usually the mix of the stuff keeps the sent away, if there's not a full bag then i'll untie one of the ones in the garage trash bin and throw it in there and re tie it

When I was a teen and briefly had access to some diapers, I burned them in the wood stove that was our only source of heat in that house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back