Pampers scent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykdprdave

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Has anyone found the exact scent that pampers uses, that is available in Canada?

I freakin love the smell of pampers! šŸ˜‹

Reactions: Chinababy888
ykdprdave said:
Has anyone found the exact scent that pampers uses, that is available in Canada?

I freakin love the smell of pampers! ��

I'm not sure, but I don't think the Pampers scent is what it used to be. They were considerably better back in the 1970's through the late 1990's. They had somehow changed after 2005, when they started to get severely thinned out. I can't say I like them much anymore, but they do the job they are intended to do, for me by keeping my skin dry, and free of lacerations/abrasions caused by salt. I just wish they were made like they were 20 years ago, when they had far better absorbency than they do now.

Oddly enough I was just cleaning out one of the sterilites that I keep my diapers in and the smell was super strong in them. I generally use Luvs more than Pampers, but still. I was saying to my wife if we could just bottle the scent we'd make a killing selling to ABDLs, lol

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I agree. Pampers and Luvs used to scent their diapers enough that even vintage packages from the 80s-90s still have a lot of scent to them. They barely scent them nowadays by comparison. If anyone could get a hold of that secret recipe used by either Pampers or Luvs I'd be willing to pay a lot of money for the end result. On this forum, I've heard people mention the baby powder scent (as well as diaper scents) have flower perfume notes of iris, rose and vanilla. I've also heard mention of violet, citrus, vanilla with even lavender, lilac and even jasmine. Apparently ABUniverse uses a a combination of Lavender, Fresh Rain, Baby Powder and Clean Linens to make their scent.

Obviously diaper companies toned the scent down because parents were more worried about allergies and strong overpowering scents than smelling the mess inside their babies diapers. Its too bad P&G and KC doesn't sell the scent on its own so parents (or whomever) could add however much scent desired, if at all.

This does come up time after time, Abu scent is pretty strong but not quite what weā€™re looking for, imo rearz safariā€™s scented have a much nicer ā€œbabyā€ scent
When I was a meter reader, one of my routes had an indoor meter at a large daycare. The ā€œdiaper storageā€ closet also had the meter I had to read in it, man the scent was heaven, you could faintly smell ā€œpampersā€ 5ft from the door and when u opened it up, the scent was over powering.
Someone did find a scent spray that goes into one of those automatic sprayers found in bathrooms that was reported to be dead on with pampers scent, unfortunately the spray was a commercial only product and not something you could find at a local store

• Sad
Reactions: CptKirk and BobbiSueEllen
Mommy's Scents is available on amazon from a few retailers. It comes in a few different scents. I got talc.

It's kinda expensive but is pretty concentrated

You should look into Secret 'Powder Fresh' antiperspirant...that comes pretty close.

"even vintage packages from the 80s-90s still have a lot of scent to them " I wish this were true, but the plastic sealed packs I have bought were absent of any scent. The older cardboard box cases would lose the scent even faster. The perfume that comes closest to pampers is something called Amouage gold man. Hard to believe it is a mans scent. It's not cheap, but samples can be found for $10. There are other perfumes that are even closer but I don't know what they are. I only know that I have smelled that scent out in public on rare occasions. You smell it, like in a parking lot, look around but there no one there, just that lingering scent that says: Pampers...

Wow, Amouage Gold Man is $320 on Amazon - wonder if it can be found in your average dept. store perfume counter; is this where you ask for samples? The reviews list it as something a wealthy old man might wear with a lot base notes including sandalwood and patchouli. Are you saying this comes closer to the original Pampers scent PERIOD, or comes close for a perfume/cologne? By comparison, I would say your average "baby powder" fragrance oils may be drastically different than the original Pampers scent, but they are within the same ballpark and comes closer than anything I've been able to find.

Interesting fact. That natural "baby" smell you get from a baby is actually from their poop. When concentrated it smells horrible, but when dilluted it is the exact "baby fresh" smell that most people like. Weird right? Scientists blame evolution for it, because if we didn't like how babies smell then they would be less likely to be taken care of enough to live.

So if you really want the cheapest way possible to get that smell, go "borrow" a messy baby diaper and leave it in your room for a day. Lol.

Slomo said:
Interesting fact. That natural "baby" smell you get from a baby is actually from their poop. When concentrated it smells horrible, but when dilluted it is the exact "baby fresh" smell that most people like. Weird right? Scientists blame evolution for it, because if we didn't like how babies smell then they would be less likely to be taken care of enough to live.

So if you really want the cheapest way possible to get that smell, go "borrow" a messy baby diaper and leave it in your room for a day. Lol.

Sorry, but I lived around infants and remember the experiences well. It was the scent from the Pampers that I liked, not the actual human. And to be honest, I don't care if it came from a newborn, but I was always put off by the smell. So much so, that I did not want to be near one of my own sisters when she was less than 2 years of age. The truth hurts, doesn't it.

Honeywell6180 said:
Sorry, but I lived around infants and remember the experiences well. It was the scent from the Pampers that I liked, not the actual human. And to be honest, I don't care if it came from a newborn, but I was always put off by the smell. So much so, that I did not want to be near one of my own sisters when she was less than 2 years of age. The truth hurts, doesn't it.

Right. Like I said, when concentrated it smells horribly.

https://www.parfumsraffy.com/amouagegoldm.html
samples are $9. I feel that there are notes in this perfume that remind me of 1980's Pampers. Perfectly? no. But I have searched high and low and this is the closest thing according to my nose memory. There was a posting on one of the perfume sights, basenotes.com I think, where a guy wore it out to dinner and his wife kept saying that he smelled like diapers! That was one of a few comments that were similar. Those comments made me try it. Yes, it is expensive.

In response to a previous reply, I guess being a youngin I donā€™t have a clue what the 70s pampers smelled like (but thatā€™s got me curious now lol)

My sense of smell isnā€™t the best but as far as I can tell, the 90-current scented pampers all smell the same to me and i want it šŸ˜‹

Iā€™m currently a big Abu user and rearz being my second choice. Iā€™ve never ordered scented diapers before, do they just use the fragrance strips to scent them or are the diapers scented during manufacturing?

Thanks for the tip ArchtopK; its always good to know what other alternatives we have to the usual "baby powder" concentrated oils you can buy on eBay or Amazon, which are good by the way and are definitely better than nothing! By the way, I've started seeing some WalMarts carrying by single packages only, a new strawberry-pink package of scented wipes starting in 2018 named "Powder Fresh" that is pretty heavenly. Slightly different than your average "Baby Powder" scent, but different enough for some variety.

Back to the topic: Luvs has a similar but different scent than Pampers and I'd say would be just as valuable if there was some way to recreate either. I might even say I prefer the Luvs scent to Pampers as it had more of a plastic-scented flair to it that is hard to describe otherwise. Getting a hold of one or both of these scents, you could literally recreate an experience.

Slomo is definitely on to something and I have to say I agree. But, I think the smell that is being mimicked its closer to a concentrated urine scent. Concentrated urine smell can be scientifically designed to emphasize and synthesize the pheromones that might be normally found in healthy urine by either males, females or both. As many animals excrete pheromones in urine (humans included), the smell of urine is very much a factor in mating in much of the animal kingdom. Bear with me for a moment here: In my years of experience with urine smells, there are definitely bad urine smells (asparagus or the morning after a night drinking for example) and otherwise disgusting urine smells (when you are sick). If you eliminate the bad ones from our discussion and imagine the smell of a concentrated healthy urine where the ammonia has all evaporated away, there is a sweetness that is very close to the trio of baby scents we've all come to know and love: Pampers, Luvs and otherwise "Baby Powder". You might even guess the billion dollar diaper industry even in the 80s hired some scientists that didn't just design a random scent like roses to cover up a smell, but make a smell more palatable.

While I think the original idea was to make the smell more palatable for adults (thus using synthetic hormones), you didn't necessarily need something as strong as you would if you used something stand-alone, like a plain orange-scent, rose-scent, etc. Is it any wonder the two big competitors Luvs and Pampers made two different scents that were very close? Of course, in their experimentation with the population, these scents also activated something in the children's brains wearing the diapers making these scents more imprintable from a biological perspective. This isn't any different than what the expensive R&D budget has proven with the perfume industry over the past 100 years. At times, I've wondered if it was some conspiracy to get kids to wear diapers longer, thus boosting profits. Sounds kind of crazy now, but what corporation wouldn't have at least researched that idea in the 80s?

ykdprdave said:

I freakin love the smell of pampers! šŸ˜‹

Hi. In my opinion, Walmarts Parents Choice baby wipes "fresh scent" used to smell a lot like the vintage pampers of the early 1990's. Walmart decided to change this recently (about 4 months ago) which is a shame, however if a lot of people write to them asking to change them back to the old fresh scent, then maybe they will do that.

There is a baby oil that smells pretty much like current pampers. So thats a possibility, just put some of the oil in the diaper.
I wore cloth diapers as a baby. The only smell I want is the smell of my old gerber plastic pants. I watched some show where there is a scent lab, where you can design scents, wish we could get access to one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back