How to deal with diapers in college

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah college sucks for being able to wear. My college experience we had a 2 bedroom apartment, there were 2 of us in each room to begin with, then we ended up with a total of 5 of us... 3 in the big room (my room). Luckily the extra person did not last long, and the other guy went home on weekends, and one semester he took off. I also went home on the weekends too.

So I used time when my roommates were either not there or when I was not there to wear. After a few weeks you get used to their schedule. I'd take later classes and my roommate had early ones, so I could diaper up when he left and just change before leaving for class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My daytime control started to worsen during college so I had to start wearing protection. While I had my own space (I went to college in the UK), I was living in a student hall and shared a kitchen with six other people. Like you, I was very worried that someone would find out about my diapers. However, eventually I came to terms with it, and now I'm much much more relaxed about it.

If you're living in shared dorms with someone else, then I'd be honest about them, don't try to hide it. You could invent a story about having occasional accidents when you're nervous and you prefer to stay dry by wearing a diaper, but stick as close to the facts as possible and say that you wear for comfort and security and leave it that. The more relaxed and matter of fact you are about wearing diapers then it will be easier to explain to roommates (joking about it also helps too). And it will also mean it would be less likely that they'll start to spread it as gossip as you're so relaxed about it.

College in many ways gives you a chance to discover and develop your identity - and for everyone on this site, part of our identity is that we wear diapers. It makes sense, that you start to identify with this lifestyle more and you begin to become more open about it.

I hope this helps you become more relaxed about telling people that you wear diapers. Best of luck.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

wearing at college is super hard especially at dorms bit i still manage to wear. i do not buy a full package i buy one or two diapers at a time and keep them at a locked place and when my roommate tells me he is sleeping at a friend i pull them out and wear them!

Bose said:
From a European perspective it’s absolutely crazy that universities in the US force their students to share a room together. I get it’s a totally different culture and it’s an ingrained part of college life (like Fraternities etc..) but it would be utterly inconceivable in the UK and most of Europe.
Crazy? Yes. Profitable? Even more so. Why give everyone their own room when you can charge 150% more between two people to share a room? It's a no brainier when the point of colleges seems to increasingly become about making money. Instead of a single room for $200 a month, they will put two to a room and charge each of them $150 a month. I sucked it up and am paying $375 a month for a private room, apart from utilities. There are apartments off campus I've heard of that are $175/month, but it's a 2 bed 1 bath apartment, and it's 3 people to a room. No laundry, utilities separate. So the owners net $1050 a month per apartment. I don't think you could get away with wearing there! XD

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's not so long ago that universities and colleges in the UK expected some students to share a room, and it may still be the case in a few. There really isn't a single model. Traditionally many colleges expected freshers to share, final year students were entitled to a room of their own, while those in between were expected to make their own arrangements (flat shares or other private lodgings, though there was usually an accommodation office to help the search), and they could ask if college rooms were available and might be lucky. It's changed a bit now, but the idea there should always be single rooms only gradually emerged in the last twenty years or so. In many bigger cities there isn't even a campus as such, and accommodation can be a mile or two away.

I was lucky because when I was at college I was able to stay with an aunt who already knew I had to have a waterproof sheet on my bed. She was a widow and had no kids of her own so liked having me there and perhaps enjoyed mothering me a bit. So perhaps compared to other college age wetters I lived a charmed life.

I kept a bag in a suitcase buried in the closet. Once I figured out the roommates class schedule and weekend plans, I took advantage of the time alone. Never had an issue.

So I have some things to think about now. I can either inform the people in charge of housing of an issue of occasional bed wetting to see if I get a roommate that would be fine with me wearing. Tell my roomate in advance, I’ll know who they are a month before school starts, and hope they are fine if I had to wear at night. Last possible idea I heard was keeping it hidden and only wear when my roomate will be out for some time. Thankfully I have some time to decide what I’m going to do.

Slomo said:
I can pretty much only repeat what everyone is saying. You will not be able to just go diaper free for that long. You really should just wear what you need, and when you need to. And yes you should expect your room mate to find out, probably sooner than later.

As discussed elsewhere, claiming bedwetting (even periodic wetting) and being up front with it is the easiest way go about it all. If admissions knows then they can try to pair you up with someone else who will be ok with you being diapered. Or at the very least, just let your room mate know when you move in. I knkw it sounds hard and scarry to do that, but it's better than being caught or found out.

Well said and delivered, I agree. Being honest if its legit medical concern is the best practice. They have that on the questionnaire some times for a reason!

ThePhotographer said:
For the first semester I’m not going to bring anything diaper related into the dorm so I can get a feel for who my roommate really is. Who knows maybe I’ll get over my constant need to wear and be fine until I came home for the holidays.

For the first part, maybe youll get lucky like i did and your roommate will be out of the room most of the time. Mine stayed at his girlfriends dorm most of the day, and went home to his parents house on the weekends. As a result, about 90% of the time i had the room to myself. Unfortubately theres no way to know this ahead of time.

As for the second part, you may find that school requires too much time and you dont have the energy to partake in diapers, or conversely, school stress increases your desire to be diapered.

I would recommend trying to be fluid about until you are living there and see how things are going. If you do use diapers while youre sharing a room, just keep them in places they have no business looking, and be respectful because its their room too.

I don't stay at the college dorm. I have worn to classes many times. But I never had the guts to actually wet them. Wearing alone was too much of a deal.

It would be in your best interest to let the admin know you wear diapers for bed wetting as they may provide a mattress designed for such, also do not hide your diapers from your roommate, be open from the first day, this may come to a surprise to your roommate but it’s far better than having them find out later on.
Wearing to class should not be a problem as long as you change all wet diapers as needed, however messing yourself in class would not be a good thing. Yes word will get around you wear diapers and spread faster if you use printed diapers instead of plain white or solid color diapers which scream medical. But once the campus gossip tree has something else to gossip about your wearing diapers will be all but forget about.

You have gone "about a month" before. So just plan on going about a month before wearing after move-in. If you haven't met your roommate yet, you don't know their routine, if they are an early-riser or who sleeps in till 11 and has a slate of afternoon classes. Your about to embark on an awesome college experience that begins to define your adulthood. You may surprise yourself with all that will occupy your first month that diapers will take low priority and interest. Focus on classes, getting involved, and adjusted to your new environment. A month goes by fast, by then you will have an idea of how your roommate is and conspire how to wear secretively.

Cloth diapers without usage sounds good. Bring a bathrobe with you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back