Bed mats

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandenDL4ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone use bed mats. I got the disposable goodnites ones and i put it on the bed beneath the fitted sheet just incase i had a leak or passed out with put putting a diaper on. I figured they would protect the bed in the event of an accident but would still have todo laundry but if someone walked in my room they wouldn’t know. Would i maybe better off getting a washable one? Do the disposable ones hold up until used? Newer to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a washable bed mat all of the time but I don't bother hiding it under the sheets since I'm trying not to wet those either.

I have an allotment from my insurance company that allows me to get 2 each quarter from a specific medical supplier and I have stocked up to six of the pads right now.

They hold up pretty good and they do a good job of protecting the bed. I don't bother changing it until it gets wet and they hold up well until then.

As for washing the mats, I run them in the wash with my regular detergent and some apple cider vinegar which does a good job keeping the pads from smelling like old pee. I don't use fabric softener or a dryer sheet with the mats as I understand that those can affect absorbancy.

Like cloth diapers, these are a cheaper option overall and I have been lucky enough to be able to get these provided to me by my insurance. They certainly hold up better than the disposable pads as well. I wouldn't mind getting up to 14 stocked up so I have plenty on hand for things like road trips and the like.

Yes they hold up for quite some time-
years even. And as long as you have a sheet and blanket on the bed, it's unlikely anyone would notice. (Though with a sheet alone you can see the outline of the mattress protector).

Also, since I almost never leak anymore (since switching to betterdry/crinklz), I only need to wash my protector when I also normally wash my sheets. Which I try to make sure is at least once every couple of weeks.

Conversely, the disposable mattress protectors do not hold up very well. Depending on how much you move around in your sleep they will get crumpled up and the padding will clump up. You might get a couple of days out of one even without using it, but don't expect more than that.

I can’t use the disposable ones. I move around too much and they end up crumpled up or off the bed. I use a plastic mattress protector and a washable cover that I think I got from NorthShore. It’s 57” long, I think.

I use a Kylie or washable bed pad\on my bed to catch any leaks from my nappy during the night.

I ordered two Brolly Sheets from online store, they haven’t arrived yet. They should stay in place, hold a lot and cover large area. Weren’t too expensive either since they should last long. And they have nice colours.

I have a washable one, but I rarely use it for sleeping on as I generally don't wet during my sleep. Though I do sleep on it when I'm staying overnight in a hotel, just in case. It gets used mainly as something to sit on when I'm changing my nappy at home, because I often leak whilst I'm changing. It also gets used as a bath-mat to step onto when I get out of the shower, to keep the carpet dry (stupid idea having a carpet on the bathroom floor, but it wasn't my idea).

I use the goodnites ones as well. They are good for about two nights until they are to wrinkled (or they get wet from a leak). I also keep one or two in my bag as a changing mat when out and about. The washable ones are probably better for the bed but it's just easier to throw it away rather than washing sheets and a mat. Not that I have night time leaks often but sometimes the diaper does shift and it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back